Clarri's GI food diary!

I like your idea of sprinkling highlights on your yogurt, I may pinch that one! I agree, great attitude, here's to a brand new week x

Hi. Today has been a struggle - again. I'm going to log what I gad to log it for my self ......
B - 40g fruit porridge with lf milk
Apple
Open salad sandwich with 1.25 slices brown soda, (sliced egg, tomato and cuke with salad dressing), handful crisps
Small piece left over omlette
2 oatcakes with bovril
1 slc white bread with ham and mustard
Small bowl beef stew
Piece meringue
Bombay mix
Hot choc ( options)

I know I know - disaster. I'm really going to work at getting back to it properly tomorrow.

Well now! Other than the bread and meringue was there so much that was sooooo bad!! I don't think your day was an out of control one more on a slackening if the reins type of day . Tighter grip tomorrow hon!!!

Well now! Other than the bread and meringue was there so much that was sooooo bad!! I don't think your day was an out of control one more on a slackening if the reins type of day . Tighter grip tomorrow hon!!!

Morning,
Thanks IM. I know, you are right. I just felt a bit out of control, and felt that I ate quite a bit.
Today Im planning on being more in control. Am making a big pot of soup too!!

B - 2 eggs poached, and a wholewheat toast muffin with grilled tomato
L - brown pitta with homecooked salad or turkey and salad with xtra light mayo
D - pork chop, baby potatoes cut into wedges and oven roasted, and green beans and a bit of gravy
snacks will be free foods - ff yogs, lean meats, etc, and I will have an "other protein" at some stage, which may just 30g of nuts.

Wish me luck!!

Aww that's a shame about getting bad news. Emotional eating is such a hard habit to break, so many of us do it. Nevermind, line is drawn and here's hoping today is a better one for you! x

Clarri, sorry about your bad news. Food is often our first method of coping with stress. I know you will get back on track soon.

Aww that's a shame about getting bad news. Emotional eating is such a hard habit to break, so many of us do it. Nevermind, line is drawn and here's hoping today is a better one for you! x

Clarri, sorry about your bad news. Food is often our first method of coping with stress. I know you will get back on track soon.

Hi ladies,
Well, I managed to regroup on Saturday, and have had a great weekend. I am realising that my problem lies not in what I eat, but how much of it. This week Im going to work on portion control. I have bought smaller plates, so just need to remember that I do not have to finish everything on my plate.
Yesterday I had -
Shredded wheat bite 30g, banana and seeds.
lentil salad, small amount of tabouleh, home cooked ham and turkey, 5 olives with 3 feta cubes.
pot ff yog
small portion pasta with pesto and fish.
apple, tortilla chips with reduced fat dips :cool: and then at course break I had 3 biscuits, and when i got home, OH brought me a glass of wine.
Bleddy hell, when I look at it now, no wonder scales arent moving.
Today -
2 slices McCambridges soda with cottage cheese
banana, apple
italian salad - parma, mozerella, melon, salad
ff yog
chicken breast, veg

So, better day today.

Weigh in tomorrow, not too hopeful as I am very hormonal, so retaining fluid.

I also have portion size issues and must weigh out everything still. Well done for the regroup and fingers crossed for your weigh in tomorrow :) x

I also have portion size issues and must weigh out everything still. Well done for the regroup and fingers crossed for your weigh in tomorrow :) x

Thanks E,
Ive had a successful day. Portions have been much smaller, but still not very hopeful for tomorrow as I have crippling cramping all day today, so TOTM is obviously iminent.

I will let you know how I got on tomorrow.
xx

Hope all is going well Clarri. Have a good Easter and back to strictness from next week!!

Hi all,
Well, its been a while. Ive not had a good couple of weeks. Been quite stressed, and sort of used it as an excuse to go off track, resulting in a total of 6lbs gain over 2 weeks, a severe heartburn attack, IBS, and not feeling so great about myself.
On the plus side, I didnt not go to weigh in, Ive woken up every day and made the effort to try and eat well, even if it went down hill each day, and today, the talk at weigh in was exactly what I needed - stop making excuses!!
We are having a new kitchen put in, and I also have an assignment for a course Im doing, so its all a bit stressful as you can understand. I dont have any kitchen facilities, apart from a microwave, and a sink propped up with a chair!!! lol. BUT, after a long good think this morning, this doesnt have to be an excuse to eat rubbish, and not follow my plan. OK, it makes it a bit harder, but Ive managed today.

So, its back to it from today -

B - 2 toast, scrape butter and sliced tomato
L - apple and banana fruit salad, muller vanilla yog, 30g muesli.
S - pumpkin ryvita with 40g lf cheese
D - "so juicy" chicken, 3 baby potatoes, leeks in cheese sauce, brussels and peas.
S - snack bag maltesers, fruit, ham.

Ah hon, sorry to hear you have been having a tough time keeping on track. It can be hard at times. Well done for going for your weigh in despite knowing it was not going to go well. Good for you!
Do your best to keep on track until your spanking newkitchen is in. Good luck with the assignment.

Hi Clarri, I also went off track for nearly 2 weeks and gained 5lbs. I felt horrible when I weighed myself but now I'm back on track (restarted on tuesday) I feel so much better and from a sneaky peak on the scales I'm already down just over a pound. Let's hope it's a case of fast on fast off for both of us eh? Hope you're feeling better soon!

Aw, thanks for posting. Its so difficult isnt it. Hate that its such hard work!!!
Hope your week going well.

Im doing ok. i have to admit Im not being 100%, but am definitely being better than last week or the week before. Ive decided that I cannot have chocolate in the house. Its just too tempting, so even though I had decided to "budget" for a small treat each evening, I cannot do this. Once my new kitchen is in I will have more control. Only another 2 weeks!!!
x

Hi all,
Well, since Sunday Ive been well on track. Why can I not realise that I feel so much more in control when Im on track, and happier, and less unhealthy. Still no chocolate, and no cravings, so it proves to me that it really is a trigger for cravings for me. Im happy to have recognised this now. Im almost scared to even have chocolate at the moment because Im so afraid that I go off on a binge.

I still have no kitchen as such, so feel Im doing really really well considering!!

Food for Sunday -
B - 1/2 bagel, cottage cheese, egg, tomato, mushrooms and salad
L - roast chick, 100g mash, peas, gravy
D - chicken salad, 2 pumpkin ryvita and scrape butter
S - fruit and 1 spelt cracker

Monday -
B - wholemeal pitta, 3 turkey rashers, tomato and lettuce, tspn ketchup
S - apple, banana
L - chicken and coleslaw sambo
D - turkey stirfry
S - solero, tube refreshers

Tuesday -
B - BLT as above
S -apple banana
L - chicken and coleslaw sambo
S - melon, handful satay broadbeans
S - tin tuna, 3 slices turkey breast
D - salmon ready meal, toffee muller
S - tube refreshers

I really will try and post more regularly.
xx

Clarri, well done on getting so well back on track despite no kitchen. Good on ya!
Food is looking yummy.

Back