Clarri's GI food diary!

Clarri hope you are doing well especially as you have your lovely new kitchen to cook in.
Have a good week.

Hi IM,
Thank you for the bump!! I suppose in all honesty its been up and down, and probably more down that up. I have promised myself that from today Im going to make a real effort. I need to, and although i dont have an oven still, I dont have any excuse for not being on track.
One of my problems when Im working is that I get hungry mid morning, even when I have brek at home, so have now decided to break it up a bit, so food for today -

B - 1 slice multiseed bread, low low cheese spread
S - fruit salad and yogurt
L - tuna, lf mayo, 2 ryvita,
S - ff yog
D - spaghetti bolognese with 150g spagetti
S - highlights and apple

Thats it for today. Wish me strength!!!

Maybe u need to eat more in the morning to starve off the hunger - when you think about it, 1 slice of bread, a bit of fruit and a yoghurt isn't that much. Do you like porridge? I find it keeps me going all morning usually.

Clarri, how are you getting on? I love the photo in your signature. You really look great.

Im so bad at updating this diary. Sorry. Im still struggling to be honest but its not the woe its my mind in that I just seem to constantly sabotage. I need to change some of my strategies. Slowy but surely eh. Ive also decided to start watching salt intake. Im really seeing that it affects me. My fridge is now groaning with healthy foods. So bring on the rest of the wk. I was at a wedding yesterday so that didnt help. But have had a good day today. B - 2 multigrain bread, 2 eggs, tomatoes. Lf spread. L - 2 mg bread, lf spread, roast beef, salad, lf crisps. Banana. D - homemade chicken stirfry. Small bit of chow mein. Pack refreshers.

don't beat yourself up too much ---> your signature photo looks amazing so you've obviously been doing something right!! Try and focus on how far you've come, not on how far you've got left : )

don't beat yourself up too much ---> your signature photo looks amazing so you've obviously been doing something right!! Try and focus on how far you've come, not on how far you've got left : )

Thanks Ruth. Trouble is, I need a bit of beating. I said on my main diary that it gets very easy to keep excusing myself, and that isnt doing me any favours really. As someone else said, when we post on here that we havent been eating great, everyone comes on and says "its ok" "move on" etc, but really, we should be told "get on with it and stop making excuses!!!

Oh well.

Todays plan is not easy. We are meant to be going to a bbq this avo, but at the moment the rain is battering down. Well, the bbq is at the pub, so that is still going to happen, but dont know what to do foodwise now. Hopefully there will be an update.

So, all I can really plan is Brekkie and a small lunch......

B - 2 eggs, 1 slice mg bread, tomatoes, mushrooms.
L - chunky veg soup, 2 ryvita, tuna pate, cherry toms.
D - who knows, but if its bbq, wil have a burger without bun, and hopfully there will be chicken. Who knows.

Back tomorrow and will let you know!!!
xxxx

ok, bit of beating as requested....;)

GET
YOUR
OVEREATING
GIVING-IN-TO-TEMPTATION
BUTT
INTO
ACTION

NO
EXCUSES!!!!!

Hope that helped:D

Lol! Ditto Clarri. No excuses! Just do it!!!

Clarri, hope you've been getting on with it this week....or else!! :) I like your new profile photo and before and after, very nice!

Arrr,
I am so bad at keeping up with this diary. Sorry. I must put a link to my main diary if you are interested!!!

Well, last week I lost 3lbs. Delighted with myself. This week Ive struggled more. Ive been doing well til the afternoon/evening. Not great really. But Ive been trying and never stop, which is good. Im off on holiday this Thursday, and to be honest, I think thats been playing on my mind a bit. In that holiday brain has moved in!!

Right, lets see, yesterdays diary -

B - 1 mg toast, baked beans, 2 eggs
L - bns soup, 2 ryvita, mackeral pate (homemade lf)
S - apple, small box raisins
D - Tescos indian meal - bhajis, samosa, chicken korma, rice, naan bread. 2 glasses rose.

But I really fancied indian last night. Could have made one, I know, and to be honest wish I had, as that meal sat in my gullet all night, very uncomfortably. :sigh:

Friday was a write off really, Im nearly ashamed writing it down but hey, Im human -

B - 2 toast, cherry toms, 2 eggs
L - bns soup, 2 ryvita, mackerel pate
2 penguins, lf crisps, magnum
D - beef casserole, mashed potato, broccilli
big bag maltesers :eek::eek::eek: awful I know. So much rubbish in one day.

I did however do 40 minutes of aerobics yesterday and will go for a walk today.

Todays food -
B - 1 aldi muffin with egg, relish
L - bns soup, 2 ryvita, mackerel pate
D - roast lamb, mixed veg, new potatoes

Snacks will be ff yog, fruit, nuts, olives.

Im aiming for the next 4 days to be very strict. Hopefully Jillian Michaels rule of 4 strict days, 2 not so strict, and 1 off day will work for me this week??

xxx

Back againnnnnnnnnn.

Have been on holiday, then had a mammoth trek to Cornwall for my Grandmothers funeral, and back again, and then feeling a bit mizog, all resulting in a - wait for it - 9lb gain....... Gutted. BUT, back to it from today. I went back to Unislim after 3 weeks away, and asked for a totally new card, new start, the lot.

Food today -

B - roasted veg, mozerella in spelt pancake
L - egg & egg white omlette with mushrooms and green beans, salad
D - fish and parsley sauce thing, 100g wedges, brocolli and cauli
S - highlights, rasperries and ff yog

I was with a gynae on Monday and turns out I have a huge cyst on my ovary, so have to have keyhole surgery, but as I walked out he said quietly to me - please try and lose some weight between now and then...... So, I have a 7 week goal.

Got a wedding the first weekend of August, but apart from that, it should be plain sailing.

xx

Hey Clarri. Keeping tabs on you in your diary too. Good to see you getting stronger. Don't fret over the cyst.

Back