Clemantines, Tangerines etc

GymClassHero

Silver Member
Hello,

Are clemantines, tangerines, satsumas etc out of season?

I've not been able to get any in tesco or asda for the past 2 weeks and im really missing my mid morning tangie!

Our class members seem to have loads, that's all there ever is in our basket.

To be honest, with food being flown in from around the world seasons don't really affect availability in supermarkets. That said I think they taste better when they are in season and are usually on offer at that time because there are more available. For clementines the season is late October to February, and tangerines are November to January.

I was going to say that when I was a girl (in the dark ages!) we only got tangerines at Xmas! Usually in the toe of your Xmas stocking! How we looked forward to them!

Well i went to Asda a picked up a bag, 6 for £1.50!! Mind you - the price has gone up yet the number in the bag has gone down.

Shocking :mad:

I was going to say that when I was a girl (in the dark ages!) we only got tangerines at Xmas! Usually in the toe of your Xmas stocking! How we looked forward to them!
Yea tangerines always remind me of xmas, our fruit bowl was always full of them at xmas time.
Going back to the question tho, tesco's here had loads of them today :)

I get satsuma's from Asda in my online grocery order every week, I buy a bag every week throughout the year - so maybe you could check Asda again, good luck with it.

To be honest, with food being flown in from around the world seasons don't really affect availability in supermarkets.

i was going to say exactly the same thing... i wouldn't be looking to the supermarket to see if things are in season or not..

i mean, they sell cucumbers in january for goodness sake :rotflmao:

this is a good site! :D

eat the seasons, seasonal food

Back