Clocks change tomorrow!!!!

Sarah_P

Happy to be slim at last
Just a little reminder that the clocks go forward tomorrow night.

So what are you all going to do with the light evenings?

I plan to get out for more dog walks and start to attack my mess of a garden (when it is a little warmer).

I am going to plant veggie seeds this weekend, so will hopefully be watching them grow. :D

I'm looking forward to the lighter evenings, we might get to go for a walk in Sutton Park as we live right next to it.

Walking. I love going for long walks but seem to only manage it at the weekends during the winter. So I can't wait.

Well thats put paid to my sitting on the rooftops howling.

LOL TT, I like it.

Thanks for the reminder. We stay on GMT all year round here so I'll have to remember that the UK is now an hour ahead of us.
One of the things that's taken me some getting used to here is that as we're near the Equator, the hours of daylight are pretty much the same all year round. It's weird at first when you're used to northern Europe.

Yes when I visited Uganda they had static 12 hours daylight and 12 hour nights. I found it odd too. Althought I would much prefer the UK to have longer days and be more static. I hate the winter months of getting dark at 4.30pm.

I was always surprised at how quickly it got dark or light in Singapore and Hong Kong, no real dusk or dawn at all.

Yes when I visited Uganda they had static 12 hours daylight and 12 hour nights. I found it odd too. Althought I would much prefer the UK to have longer days and be more static. I hate the winter months of getting dark at 4.30pm.

I was always surprised at how quickly it got dark or light in Singapore and Hong Kong, no real dusk or dawn at all.

It's like that here, very little variation and darkness falls so fast you can almost blink and miss it. It's strange not to have twilight. Friends in the UK have said they'd miss the long summer evenings but it's great not to have the short winter days and also not to be woken up too early by summer dawns. baby has slept from 7pm to 7am without waking up since 2 months old and I'm sure it's partly because those are the hours of darkness here so he's not disturbed by outside light at all.

i live very close to the sea and i have lots of choices of beach walks, (not all pretty lol) so i love walking along the beach i love the sea, and in the light nights we do that a lot,

come visit woofy, i love the sea, i couldnt live away from it, i lived it london for a few years when younger but hated not seeing it,

Back