closed

it's my birthday the following week - and i'm celebrating a bit, by going to the theatre, but also planning a proper celebration for later on. could you go to see a play or film or something?

Why dont you aim to stay on plan and arrange celebrations around it....BUT! If you find you need to do more, then dont beat yourself up and just go with the flow. You can get back ob track the next day. You have enough stress and pressure on you without you adding guilt into it too. :) x

it's my birthday the following week - and i'm celebrating a bit, by going to the theatre, but also planning a proper celebration for later on. could you go to see a play or film or something?

hubby's on call this week. always seems to fall this way, he's also on call for valentines week too. :(

Why dont you aim to stay on plan and arrange celebrations around it....BUT! If you find you need to do more, then dont beat yourself up and just go with the flow. You can get back ob track the next day. You have enough stress and pressure on you without you adding guilt into it too. :) x

i feel mega guilty just going to work each week. i'm finding it hard to fit everything in. honestly.... it's crazy! not actually been to the gym for exercising purposes since before new year and not properly since mid december! i usually give my mum 2 baths a week but she's only getting 1 at the min as i can't fit another in! very stressful. mondays and fridays are just mega busy!

HUGS Nikki!

you make me cry :cry:

I did not mean to do that... I meant to get you to see how wonderfully you have done and are doing. I also want to give yourself a h3ll of a lot of credit for coping so well with the financial issues, the new job and scheduling/childcare conflicts, lil' dude's horrible booboo, Emily's regressing (normal but stressful none-the-less), the dog's demise (RIP), your parents' grief, DH's lack of support... should I go on???

DO what you can... just getting though this tough period of adjustment should be enough without expecting fabulous weightloss, etc.

i know i can do this.

YOU CAN, YOU WILL... but give yourself a little more rope to hang on to. You put a lot of pressure on yourself.

each week i set off with good intensions but seem to fail badly!

Not being 100% is not failure. You are losing weight. And even a STS or slight gain is not a failure... it is detour at the most.

i'm not sure what to do next week to be honest. it's my birthday tuesday.

Happy Birthday!

do i celebrate it wednesday (have zumba tuesday) or not at all?

Celebrate a bit with your Zumba class, and then book a sitter and go out with DH for a romantic low carb (steak, lobster?) dinner on Wednesday. Enjoy it.

i wasn't going to but i feel the need.

Also, book yourself a massage or something pampery for the weekend. A little "me" time.

then i get back on track and just focus to valentines day.

Sounds like a plan.

do i just go through to valentines day and try to do 100% with full focus and heart so that i can enjoy being slimmer in feb and looking hot, go out for a meal at the weekend after it! not sure. with everything that's busily going on it's kind of hard.

You know -- I am under the impression that when you met your DH you were no where near as slim and fit as you are now. I believe that he loves you for you... the person inside.

I am sure he feels that he hit the lottery with how how hard you have worked (especially after giving birth to two lovely children) to be the fit and sexy lady you are today. I also think that he would like to see you "cut yourself some slack" and if it takes a little longer for you to be the weight you want -- if you "live a little" along the way: it'll be better for your relationship with him and your own mental well-being.

It's okay to NOT be perfect. Really.

HUGS!!! Super MOM!

Mel

Im on my phone so cant like it, but love this post mel. You sum it up, its ok to not be perfect :)

i was a little slimmer than i am now but then put on weight being with him as we went out and drank a lot. i went to the gym but wasn't as fit as i am now, i would never have considered running a half marathon. it doesn't matter to him what i weigh but i matters to me cause i feel uncomfortable and it frustrates me. i've decided to have a little celebration at home with the kids tonight. a chicken dinner with veg and then i'm getting a very small cake to share among us all. then back to it tuesday with no excuses for messing around for 4 solid weeks.

i was a little slimmer than i am now but then put on weight being with him as we went out and drank a lot. i went to the gym but wasn't as fit as i am now, i would never have considered running a half marathon. it doesn't matter to him what i weigh but i matters to me cause i feel uncomfortable and it frustrates me. i've decided to have a little celebration at home with the kids tonight. a chicken dinner with veg and then i'm getting a very small cake to share among us all. then back to it tuesday with no excuses for messing around for 4 solid weeks.

Sounds sensible -- I hope you have a good day today and wonderful few (injury free) days at work this week!

well, beck might give me credit. i went to my weigh in, sucked up for the bad news and i STS! phew! today is a day which i've decided i'm taking off for my birthday and i'm back tomorrow 100% for 4 weeks. that could be 12-15lbs! i need to do this. i'm messing around!

Glad you went Nikki, it's put a line under last week and gives you a positive fresh start for this week.

A STS is fab... and you can move on from here!

Well done Nikki, an sts is good!

have had a good day, not diet but chilling. gym this am! play with dude. swimming with dude. nice evening meal of chicken, veg and some birthday cake and wine. relaxing. now..... tomorrow is teaching and back to my diet! i CAN do this. i really really CAN! 4 weeks..... commmmmmmmmeeeeeee on!!!!!!!!!!

have had a good day, not diet but chilling. gym this am! play with dude. swimming with dude. nice evening meal of chicken, veg and some birthday cake and wine. relaxing. now..... tomorrow is teaching and back to my diet! i CAN do this. i really really CAN! 4 weeks..... commmmmmmmmeeeeeee on!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't your birthday tomorrow? Are you on Beijing time?

MinnieMel said:
Isn't your birthday tomorrow? Are you on Beijing time?

Yes tomorrow but thought if celebrate it with the kids today as I'm at work tomorrow plus teaching zumba til after 7 so won't get home til 7.30 or even 8pm if I go to c my mum!

birthday_122.gif

I wished you a happy birthday on the shoutbox this morning, but then realised that you might see that! Mel

Happy birthday Nikki!!!

i'm shattered :( woke at 3.30am and couldn't get back off. thing is i then stress about it and worry about being tired for the next day as i'm at work (i never used to get so stressed and worried) and it makes things worse. the heating came on at 5am... think i dozed off at 5.30am and my alarm got me up at 6.30am.

diet..... good
exercise... good

so far this week.....

gym on monday - didn't do much as people were stopping to chat to me. burnt about 200 cals
tuesday - ZA big starz, ZA lil starz, Zumba class - cals burnt conservative estimation 800! (200 in each class for the kids and 400 tonight)

wednesday..... no exercise planned! might learn some new zumba dances for the kids. have a really annoying hamster dance one i could do and walk the dinosaur!

i've not been to the loo for days. again i can't take anything while i'm teaching incase i need to go. so i suffer with a bloated painful tummy until friday when i can do something about it. it's compounded by the fact i can't just go to the loo at any time i want to and so i limit my water intake. weight has gone up 2lbs since monday's weigh in and i'm sure it's poop.

Back