Clothes Rant

Hi Girlz....I am addicted to Gok Wan...my weekend doesnt start right unless I am watching him..and he is bang on the money about body shapes and clothes...When I was big I wore shapeless baggy black...now I am size 16 I wear everything fitted...and I am still curvy...but luckily hourglass so I cinch in my waist with a belt to emphasis it...it fools most people into thinking I am smaller than I am....I got down to 14/12 before and really loved it...and hopefully will be there by Xmas.....have a good week girlz....x fireflii

fireflii2 said:
Hi Girlz....I am addicted to Gok Wan...my weekend doesnt start right unless I am watching him..and he is bang on the money about body shapes and clothes...When I was big I wore shapeless baggy black...now I am size 16 I wear everything fitted...and I am still curvy...but luckily hourglass so I cinch in my waist with a belt to emphasis it...it fools most people into thinking I am smaller than I am....I got down to 14/12 before and really loved it...and hopefully will be there by Xmas.....have a good week girlz....x fireflii

So with you girlfriend.... Am a pear but make sure I maximise my best bits. I do watch him at the weekend as well even though av watched them all lol. It's important to feel sexy whatever size girls (according to aunty Gok). X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What drives me nuts is that because I am bigger, designers think I have no waist or boobs! I have to go up a size to fit my boobs and buying bras is a nightmare. You can get nice, big cup bra if your a 36 but that's about it. And don't get me started on sports bras!

And trousers and skirts that fit my hips are far too big in the waist.

*stomps and slams a door or two*

I buy clothes to cover up and disguise and I HATE them!
I dont wear ANYTHING that is MY style.
It's worse cos I am 40 but hav a toddler and I want to dress like a youngish mam not an old flippen granny - it depresses the hell out of me.
I've got a wardrobe full of size 12 and 14's that were pre pregnancy and now I am forcing myself into 20's that i can hardly move in.

I ordered some pants and a top last night that look a bit nicer than what i've got so i hope they fit ok. get sick of wearing jogging pants and huge stretched ribbed vest tops.

Btw I complained to Asda about their lengths on things, that their short length pants were perfect and I dont have short length legs! Theyre normal length legs ones over the last few years have become longer - ok people in general might be getting taller but i stoped growing years ago! (length not width unfortunately!)

my rant over lol

What drives me nuts is that because I am bigger, designers think I have no waist or boobs! I have to go up a size to fit my boobs and buying bras is a nightmare. You can get nice, big cup bra if your a 36 but that's about it. And don't get me started on sports bras!

And trousers and skirts that fit my hips are far too big in the waist.

*stomps and slams a door or two*

most sports bra's arnt very flattering though

I wear sports bras all the time! I find underwire cuts my upper tummy something shocking because when I sit down my chest kind of rests on it and the wire cuts in :( I quite like the New Look stuff (they have 20% off coupons in store at the moment that you can use next week or the week after) and Evans is ok for workwear but their everyday stuff feels very old ladyish to me (I'm almost 30!).

polly pepper, my mum has that problem and spent years moaning about how she couldnt find lots of nice bras without underwire, and i know this sounds strange but she started shopping in m&s - they have a post op section (i think theres a bit for chicken fillets) but they're underwired and she swears by them now says they're so comfy and she likes all the different styles you can get x

Back