Clothes Shopping Anxeity! :(

Tammy-marie

I went into New Look today and i made my way to the section of the store where the plus size clothes are...this is where i always go, whilst there i realised that most of the clothes were too big for me now and that i could now buy my clothes from the NORMAL rails!

I went over to the normal clothes but i felt a bit out of place and paranoid that other people would be wondering why a fatty like me was in the NORMAL section, i was really anxious and wanted to run back to the plus size section where i feel comfortable.

My husband thinks that i was being stupid and that i over reacted, but i seriously couldnt help feeling like a fish out of water!

I think that the problem is that my body is changeing quicker than my mind is!!

I know how you feel! Sometimes I accidentally wander into the 'petite' section and feel soooo embarrassed! People must look at me and think 'what the jeff is she doing there, she's huge!!'.

My boyfriend took me shopping about a month ago,
I was in new look and I'd seen a dress I fell in love with,
A shop assistant came over and said "I'm sorry miss but we don't sell this dress in plus sizes"
I burst into tears on the spot and ran out of the shop!
I can't wait to be able to walk in there and buy regular clothes!
I know she won't remember me but it'll feel like a big f you! LOL!!xx

ChrissyRiley said:
A shop assistant came over and said "I'm sorry miss but we don't sell this dress in plus sizes"
I know she won't remember me but it'll feel like a big f you! LOL!!xx

Id have reported her for being rude!!

I can buy tops in a size 18 but have to go to the plus size section for bottoms as i'm still a 20/22. I hate the cheap clothes shops that say 2xl but are like a size 14 :(

ChrissyRiley said:
I know she won't remember me but it'll feel like a big f you! LOL!!xx[/QUOTE

I can't believe someone said to you!!! That's outrageous! You should ring up and complain about rubbish customer service, or head office... A letter and you might get some vouchers/ discount to make up for your horrific treatment!

I don't think I've ever felt so embarrassed!
But it was the motivation I needed to get this weight off xx

I know what you mean Tammy, I too find myself automatically going for the larger sizes which bury me when I try them on. On another point, I am going on holiday on Monday and have just finished packing my case which contain sizes 16, 18, 20 and 22 depending on what shop they're from. It's so hard to find consistency in sizes and I often wonder if someone who is a size 8 also fits into sizes laelled 10, 12 and 14, or is it just the lack of attention to detail that designers pay to larger sized ladies?

I think that the fact that they had a sale on made it worse! They mix all the sizes up so that you have to look through everything trying to find your size...i find it embarrassing!

I know what you mean. I feel as if everyone knows I don't belong in a normal clothes shop - or that I'm about to be caught in the act and frogmarched to evans! I think it is a case of your head not having caught up with your weight.

I know what you mean Tammy, I too find myself automatically going for the larger sizes which bury me when I try them on. On another point, I am going on holiday on Monday and have just finished packing my case which contain sizes 16, 18, 20 and 22 depending on what shop they're from. It's so hard to find consistency in sizes and I often wonder if someone who is a size 8 also fits into sizes laelled 10, 12 and 14, or is it just the lack of attention to detail that designers pay to larger sized ladies?

I'm 2lbs away from goal and now fitting into 8's primarily but I can tell you it's not consistant from shop to shop or even item to item. I went shopping the other day and tried on 8's but also a few 10s, two 12s and two 6s which also fit fine. Insane! I thought that particular trauma was over now I'm a healthy BMI :(

But yes, I still feel embarrassed going into teeny shops like Zara like everyone's radar might be going off: Elephant alert! Big bulky and certainly not delicate woman has entered the vicinity! Hide away everything but the oversized t-shirts!!!!

Back