• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

clothes size i'm abit confused

S: 13st13.5lb C: 13st13.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 33.6 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
just been to asda and I picked up a size 14 top and it was far too big so I pick up a 12 and a 10 in hope tried them both on and the 10 was the best fitting.
the thing i'm confused about is I still have 2 and a half more stone to go (ok my bottom half is bigger my 14's are just starting to get lose) how can I be in a size 10 with 2 and a half stone to go and I've been to this point before and looked back on it and could see I needed to lose more (think this is why I gave up last time cause I was size 10 on top 12 on bottom but then I looked back on pics and I wasn't done)
has anyone got to same point? does the top now stop losing weight off so bottom can catch up.
i'm 12.4 and only 5'4 and this top was a perfect fit and i'm not small breasted do you think it could just be a big 10.
sorry if I'm talking rubbish I'm confused

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

jaylou

Gold Member
I never worry about what it says on the label these days. At 5ft 4 and 10 stone I have clothes ranging from a 10 to a 14. In fact, in Jane Norman recently I needed to try jeans in a 16 and they were snug!

I've had dresses from Asda in different colours but the same design, had to get one in a 10 and one in a 14.

Basically, if it fits buy it. Who cares what the label says!!

so basically keep going till I feel I am right size in mirror thanks

thanks for that actical its shocking but explains why I got into a 10 and I thought I was a 14 and why I thought changing room mirror its terriable they do this does make you feel good though so money size guess it works

Last edited:

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
S: 15st10lb C: 13st9.5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 30 Loss: 2st0.5lb(12.95%)
I agree with Jaylou. I say that i would like to be a 12/14 but it will depend on what shop I buy in.

I remember reading about this years ago that some of these stores that sell the cheaper lines find that cuts of cloth can vary from item to item. I think they buy in bulk from somewhere else.

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
S: 18st13lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st13lb BMI: 23.8 Loss: 8st1lb(42.64%)
In fact, in Jane Norman recently I needed to try jeans in a 16 and they were snug!
I'm so glad you said that- my 14 jeans are a little baggy on the bum so I thought I would see how far off a 12 I was and tried some jeans in Jane Norman- WELL, I nearly put my back out trying to get them even past my calves, they were tiny and I was thoroughly depressed

Your misery has made me happy!:8855:

jaylou

Gold Member
I couldn't get the 12's anywhere near me! I actually laughed, very loudly, in the shop and told the assistants their sizes were ridiculously small!!!

jaylou

Gold Member
I didn't give her chance to say anything! I thrust the jeans back at the and waltzed out of the shop. Bl88dy expensive anyway!

lucylupin

S: 13st5lb C: 10st1lb G: 10st8lb BMI: 25 Loss: 3st4lb(24.6%)
I am a size 14 and a few weeks ago bought a maxi dress from peacocks in a size 10! It made me feel great all day:)

lol jaylou

yeah does make you feel good lucy but I think this was my down fall last time I got into my 12 and thought i'm in a size 12 this must be where I should be but it wasn't.

marmaduke

S: 11st2.5lb C: 11st2.5lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 26 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Depending on where I shop, I can be anything from a size 8 to a size 14!!! I think sizes are so different everywhere, I agree with what others have said, ignore what the labels say :)

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
S: 14st5lb
I get size 16 monsoon clothes from ebay because 1) they fit me and 2) they are really cheap!

icklerockchick

slow but steady!
S: 12st1lb C: 9st8.5lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 24.6 Loss: 2st6.5lb(20.41%)
The important thing to remember is not to get upset if you go somewhere else and need a size14!! Sizes vary massively even in the one shop I find primark in particular in really bad I think I have clothes from there in every different size possible lol.

As others say its perfectly ok to get excited about fitting into a small size :) but just don't get disheartened if you don't fit a size10 somewhere else and just always buy what fits and feels comfortable!

Saying that the other day I bought a dress from ebay and I didn't expect it to fit yet was hoping to slim into it - a topshop size 10 (not usually known for their generous sizing) and it fits I was overjoyed lol!

X