clothes size i'm abit confused

tinkerbellsmum

Gold Member
just been to asda and I picked up a size 14 top and it was far too big so I pick up a 12 and a 10 in hope tried them both on and the 10 was the best fitting.
the thing i'm confused about is I still have 2 and a half more stone to go (ok my bottom half is bigger my 14's are just starting to get lose) how can I be in a size 10 with 2 and a half stone to go and I've been to this point before and looked back on it and could see I needed to lose more (think this is why I gave up last time cause I was size 10 on top 12 on bottom but then I looked back on pics and I wasn't done)
has anyone got to same point? does the top now stop losing weight off so bottom can catch up.
i'm 12.4 and only 5'4 and this top was a perfect fit and i'm not small breasted do you think it could just be a big 10.
sorry if I'm talking rubbish I'm confused

I never worry about what it says on the label these days. At 5ft 4 and 10 stone I have clothes ranging from a 10 to a 14. In fact, in Jane Norman recently I needed to try jeans in a 16 and they were snug!

I've had dresses from Asda in different colours but the same design, had to get one in a 10 and one in a 14.

Basically, if it fits buy it. Who cares what the label says!!

so basically keep going till I feel I am right size in mirror thanks

thanks for that actical its shocking but explains why I got into a 10 and I thought I was a 14 and why I thought changing room mirror its terriable they do this does make you feel good though so money size guess it works

Last edited:
I agree with Jaylou. I say that i would like to be a 12/14 but it will depend on what shop I buy in.

I remember reading about this years ago that some of these stores that sell the cheaper lines find that cuts of cloth can vary from item to item. I think they buy in bulk from somewhere else.

In fact, in Jane Norman recently I needed to try jeans in a 16 and they were snug!
I'm so glad you said that- my 14 jeans are a little baggy on the bum so I thought I would see how far off a 12 I was and tried some jeans in Jane Norman- WELL, I nearly put my back out trying to get them even past my calves, they were tiny and I was thoroughly depressed

Your misery has made me happy!:8855:

I couldn't get the 12's anywhere near me! I actually laughed, very loudly, in the shop and told the assistants their sizes were ridiculously small!!!

I didn't give her chance to say anything! I thrust the jeans back at the and waltzed out of the shop. Bl88dy expensive anyway!

I am a size 14 and a few weeks ago bought a maxi dress from peacocks in a size 10! It made me feel great all day:)

lol jaylou

yeah does make you feel good lucy but I think this was my down fall last time I got into my 12 and thought i'm in a size 12 this must be where I should be but it wasn't.

Depending on where I shop, I can be anything from a size 8 to a size 14!!! I think sizes are so different everywhere, I agree with what others have said, ignore what the labels say :)

I have clothes from size 18 to size 24. There are no standards for sizes, so really they are no indication at all.

I get size 16 monsoon clothes from ebay because 1) they fit me and 2) they are really cheap!

The important thing to remember is not to get upset if you go somewhere else and need a size14!! Sizes vary massively even in the one shop I find primark in particular in really bad I think I have clothes from there in every different size possible lol.

As others say its perfectly ok to get excited about fitting into a small size :) but just don't get disheartened if you don't fit a size10 somewhere else and just always buy what fits and feels comfortable!

Saying that the other day I bought a dress from ebay and I didn't expect it to fit yet was hoping to slim into it - a topshop size 10 (not usually known for their generous sizing) and it fits I was overjoyed lol!

X

Back