Clothes Sizes

OMG! There's a 5 inch waist variation across all of the different brands :eek::eek::eek:

They really need to sort this out - you would think standardisation would be legally required (a bit like weights and measures with alcohol). Ok, so maybe that's a bit extreme, but I bet the people responsible have never had the experience of going into a changing room with a size you're already ashamed about having picked up to find you can't the darn thing past your ankles :cry:

Interesting read - thanks for sharing!

Wow, that is a lot of difference!
No wonder different clothes fit differently and you have to pick up different things in different sizes, even from the same shops.. they should really standardise it more.
A size should be a size, regardless of where it's from!

I am size 14 and three quarters! But heading to 14 very soon. Anything is better than 22-24.
GSQ

I bought an oasis size 14 dress on the net. It's so small looks like a 10 lol. Then another 14 from warehouse looks so big aaaah seriously it's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I wondered why dress sizes were so different. Its horrible when you go into one shop and your a size 16 and it fits but then you go into another and an 18 won't even get past your ankles.

Really usefull post! Thanks! xx

There is a reason I prefer men's jeans. I can actually just go in and buy the size that fits my measurements! I wish women's did the same thing, as I prefer the shape of women's jeans...

I had a box of size 14 (US) jeans that fit me 2 years ago, and I was laying them out one on top of the other to see which were the 'big' 14's and which were the 'small' ones. There were variations of up to 2 inches in the waist, but the main thing that was different are the thighs. Even though they are the same 'cut' of jeans, the thighs in some are skinnier than others, meaning some won't fit until later (probably too late, by then the waist will be too big...)

I find it really odd, when you are on the same shop and the black jeans fit in your size but not the indigo colour very strange?? Always think they or say they must of put the wrong label in it ;) x

What are you lot like, you'll be talking about shoes next lol :rolleyes:

But Mr M, shoes are good, fat day or slim day you know they will always fit you !! This is the reason i own only 3 pairs of Jeans but over 100 pairs of shoes!!!!!:8855:

Well i have gone down in shoe size from a 6 to a 5 ....am i a freak lol? As for different size 14 gear...Dont get me started!! i have a pair of Riv Island jeans in a 14 that wont go past my hips ..And yet i wear Next 14.s and New look etc....Took them to my mates (she is a perfect size 10) and laid her jeans on top of my R I ones...only 1" difference in the waist FFS whats that all about??? have now hung the offending garment on the outside of the wardrobe and will try them on again in a stones time and see what they are like then..

RI are terrible for small sizing, im a size 12, and I'd like to be a 10, maybe an 8 if I can!

They are erratic cos i have cargoes and dresses in 14s from there and they fit fine..but the jeans...POO POO POO lol

Women have far too much choice as far as clothes and shoes go... :D

My feet have changed size too, from 8/8.5 down to 6.5-7

You could always choose ladies clothes MrMojo ;)
Maybe I do already (only at weekends mind you), it's a real pain squeezing into a size 8 dress and the suspenders chaff on my legs ;)

Lol Mr M!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

And I don't know how you girls wear thongs, I'm always picking it out of my bum cr@ck :D

Maybe I do already (only at weekends mind you), it's a real pain squeezing into a size 8 dress and the suspenders chaff on my legs ;)

Wear hold ups ;)

And I don't know how you girls wear thongs, I'm always picking it out of my bum cr@ck :D

Go commando :D

My feet have shrunk to :D
I reckon they are a 7.5.
But it is a bit of a nightmare getting that size, so a size 8 it will have to be for now :eek:

Back