Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Clothes sizes?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by sav1990, 3 March 2009 Social URL.

1. sav1990

sav1990 Addicted to this site lol

Start Weight:
    21st3lb
    Current Weight:
    21st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Mix
    Can someone explain what the spanish size 36 trouses what is it in english size
    I bought this pair of jeans many years ago in spain and they are the trousers I am going by for my goal weight but I would love to know what the equivalent to british sizes it is.
    xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emmie86

emmie86 Angelic Fruitcake

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(19.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    here is how inches translate to sizes hun

48in=S20 46in=S18 44in=S16 42in=S14 40in=S12 38in=S10 36in=S8

In Jeans the inches represent hip width usually and I'm pretty sure spainish sizes are the same as english as it is based on european size chart. And I bought a top in europe a few years ago whitch was a 40in and was exactly a size 12. Hope that helps xxxx

4. sav1990

sav1990 Addicted to this site lol

Start Weight:
    21st3lb
    Current Weight:
    21st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Mix
    It certanly does ty. So these jeans are in fact size 8 my damm mother. I can't believe that she used to tell me and I was convinced I was fat. I bought those jeans when I was 18 in spain and was still wearing them when I fell prgnant with my eldest daughter at 21 so would dearly love to get back into them. I just wished sometimes I had not listened to my mother. I was really convienced I was fat because all through my teenager years she told me I was. I will not see her now (she lives in Portugal) till I have lost the weight and she does not know that I am on a diet because everytime I have said I was goiing to go on one etc she just laughted, see what she will have to say for her self when I go there wearing the same jeans she used to call me fat in.
    By the way she as always been a size 20+ since she had us kids
    xxx

5. emmie86

emmie86 Angelic Fruitcake

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(19.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    LoL wow a size 8 I've never been that size. I'm sure you will be back into them some day soon. It's incredible how others make people think they are fat when they are actually a perfectly healthy and normal size is it any wonder why so many of us end up with a distorted body image. Its hard to say and I mean no offence to your mom but maby she was jealouse because she is large herself and thats why she told you that you were fat when you were a normal size. Well you'll show em hun strutting around in your 36in jeans xxxx

6. Oinkstop

Oinkstop Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(10.28%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge USA
    I can repeat almost exactly the same story. In grade 10, I was very active. I was involved in my school's swimming team, and I often rode my bicycle several miles (up and down steep hills) to and from school rather than taking the bus.

I weighed all of 118 lbs, and I was 5'2" tall. At that weight, my BMI was 21.6, which was totally healthy.

My mother thought I was 18 pounds overweight and nagged me constantly, telling me I was fat. I believed her, and I've spent my entire life dieting, putting on more weight than I lost, and dieting again.

If I'd never listened to her, I might never have really become fat in the first place!

7. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ((Hugs)) at least you are educated now...

Honestly, I had the same problem.. I remember my mum taking me to the dr's to sort out my 'puppy fat' I wasn't even a fat kid when I look at pictures now!! :(

8. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Some people believe in the cruel to be kind sort of love don't they ?
    I'm lucky in that I ws slim right up to being 21, but then it has crept up on me. I lost 3 stone on Slimming World about 10 years ago and was finally the size I was at 18, but then 2 kids later and I'm 4.5 stones heavier than I want to be...
    Oh the joys of happy marriage and motherhood !!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.