Clothes sizes?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by sav1990, 3 March 2009 Social URL.

1. sav1990

sav1990 Addicted to this site lol

Start Weight:
    21st3lb
    Current Weight:
    21st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Mix
    Can someone explain what the spanish size 36 trouses what is it in english size
    I bought this pair of jeans many years ago in spain and they are the trousers I am going by for my goal weight but I would love to know what the equivalent to british sizes it is.
    xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emmie86

emmie86 Angelic Fruitcake

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(19.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    here is how inches translate to sizes hun

48in=S20 46in=S18 44in=S16 42in=S14 40in=S12 38in=S10 36in=S8

In Jeans the inches represent hip width usually and I'm pretty sure spainish sizes are the same as english as it is based on european size chart. And I bought a top in europe a few years ago whitch was a 40in and was exactly a size 12. Hope that helps xxxx

4. sav1990

sav1990 Addicted to this site lol

Start Weight:
    21st3lb
    Current Weight:
    21st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Mix
    It certanly does ty. So these jeans are in fact size 8 my damm mother. I can't believe that she used to tell me and I was convinced I was fat. I bought those jeans when I was 18 in spain and was still wearing them when I fell prgnant with my eldest daughter at 21 so would dearly love to get back into them. I just wished sometimes I had not listened to my mother. I was really convienced I was fat because all through my teenager years she told me I was. I will not see her now (she lives in Portugal) till I have lost the weight and she does not know that I am on a diet because everytime I have said I was goiing to go on one etc she just laughted, see what she will have to say for her self when I go there wearing the same jeans she used to call me fat in.
    By the way she as always been a size 20+ since she had us kids
    xxx

5. emmie86

emmie86 Angelic Fruitcake

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(19.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    LoL wow a size 8 I've never been that size. I'm sure you will be back into them some day soon. It's incredible how others make people think they are fat when they are actually a perfectly healthy and normal size is it any wonder why so many of us end up with a distorted body image. Its hard to say and I mean no offence to your mom but maby she was jealouse because she is large herself and thats why she told you that you were fat when you were a normal size. Well you'll show em hun strutting around in your 36in jeans xxxx

6. Oinkstop

Oinkstop Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(10.28%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge USA
    I can repeat almost exactly the same story. In grade 10, I was very active. I was involved in my school's swimming team, and I often rode my bicycle several miles (up and down steep hills) to and from school rather than taking the bus.

I weighed all of 118 lbs, and I was 5'2" tall. At that weight, my BMI was 21.6, which was totally healthy.

My mother thought I was 18 pounds overweight and nagged me constantly, telling me I was fat. I believed her, and I've spent my entire life dieting, putting on more weight than I lost, and dieting again.

If I'd never listened to her, I might never have really become fat in the first place!

7. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ((Hugs)) at least you are educated now...

Honestly, I had the same problem.. I remember my mum taking me to the dr's to sort out my 'puppy fat' I wasn't even a fat kid when I look at pictures now!! :(

8. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Some people believe in the cruel to be kind sort of love don't they ?
    I'm lucky in that I ws slim right up to being 21, but then it has crept up on me. I lost 3 stone on Slimming World about 10 years ago and was finally the size I was at 18, but then 2 kids later and I'm 4.5 stones heavier than I want to be...
    Oh the joys of happy marriage and motherhood !!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.