• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Clothes sizes

Ninja

Silver Member
S: 15st2lb C: 12st1lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 27.3 Loss: 3st1lb(20.28%)
I despair of clothes sizing. I went into some local charity shop after WI looking for some new black work trousers. There was nothing in a size 14 that I could find but did find some nice 'NEXT' denim cropped trousers in a size 12. I thought I'll try them on and maybe they'll fit me towards the end of the summer. THEY FIT!!!!! I was amazed and so chuffed. I then went next door to another charity shop and found some quarter length black trousers which would do for work in the summer in a size 14. Didn't bother trying them on and they're ok, but a little snug on the bum.
I have a pair of River Island trousers that are tight around the waste but huge on bum and legs - they're a size 16. All other 16's are hanging off me.

Why can't the manufacturers just get to together and make the clothes the same sizes. :mad:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

jaylou

Gold Member
Grrr - i feel your frustration!!

I have a range of clothes in a 10 to 14 in my wardrobe and all of them fit!

Love charity shops though, they are my fave shops for a splurge!!

S: 11st3.0lb C: 11st7.0lb G: 9st7.0lb BMI: 27.6 Loss: -0st4lb(-2.55%)
Urgh...it's daft isn't it! And it's not like it's consistently different - it varies from shop to shop as well. I'm a 12-14 but have 10s and 16s in my wardrobe...from the same place!

And things are cut differently for different shapes - like in DPs, they make their trousers for pear-shaped girls. For apples with narrow hips and big bellies like me, they look daft. In fact, I find it hard to get good fitting trousers anywhere. I am such a weird shape.

This could potentially turn into a mega-rant. I'd better stop now. Is it any wonder I have a handbag fetish? They fit every time! LOL!

S: 11st3.0lb C: 11st7.0lb G: 9st7.0lb BMI: 27.6 Loss: -0st4lb(-2.55%)
Now now...steady on Kristin...nekkid?! Noooobody would want to see me nekkid! LOL!

paperclip

Silver Member
S: 11st7lb C: 10st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 23.3 Loss: 1st7lb(13.04%)
For jeans, I'd recommend Gap. Although they do styles that fit in with current fashion, they also do a load of standard styles and most people can find something that suits their body shape (and leg length). They can be a bit pricey, so either find a Gap Outlet, or fork out for them - they last brilliantly!

mojomcl

Silver Member
S: 20st5lb C: 20st5lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 53.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Totally agree.
I was buying a top at the weekend, and tried the 'usual' 18....tent like. No 16s, so tried the 14 (unhead of)....and it fitted lovely. Ironic thing was, so did the size 22 blouse I was wearing at the time....!?!?! lo

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
S: 14st5lb
I bought 2 white polo tops from BHS for work, same size, one was nice and the other far too snug!( Only now the snug one fits nicely and the other is getting a bit loose! :D)

I tell you motorcycle gear sizes are the worst..... if I was a XL in normal clothing..... a motorcycle jacket could be as amuch as 3 XL possibly 4 XL. Most are made in Asia were little people make them.

Phil x

stephie0611

needs to focus!!!!
S: 13st6.5lb C: 12st9.5lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 0st11lb(5.84%)
i know the feeling, as i've got things in my wardrobe from a 12 to a 14, but there are some 14's that seem to be too tight on me, oh i also have a 16 in a skirt. Its a nightmare, as you feel down if you try something on that is your normal size and it ends up too small!!!!

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
S: 14st5lb
Do you have shops you just walk past because they're "thin" shops? (or in my case young as well!)

weemo

Trying again!!!
I know what you mean Ninja ~ I have sizes 8 ~ 16 in my wardrobe and they all fit, I am a size 12ish. Primark seem to be the worst offenders! I LOVE having a nosey in charity shops, might do that to-day actually xx

hennyhamster

Silver Member
S: 13st3.0lb C: 13st3.0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 28.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I buy my jeans off ebay. I can only get jeans from next cos i need long ones, they cost thirty to forty quid in the shop and i got some off ebay on monday for three quid including postage!!!!

Ninja

Silver Member
S: 15st2lb C: 12st1lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 27.3 Loss: 3st1lb(20.28%)
NEXT go up to 34" don't they? How long are your legs :confused:

hennyhamster

Silver Member
S: 13st3.0lb C: 13st3.0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 28.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Yes next do a long length and an extra long, i just have the long. Not sure what length they measure tho

henna!

I can do this............
S: 14st3lb C: 11st11lb G: 10st13lb Loss: 2st6lb(17.09%)
i have the opposite problem as im short. Next do a petite range, however they obviously think that short people are smaller than a 16 as that is the biggest size they go up to! i did however manage to get my size 16 petite jeans on this morning but i couldnt wear them out as they are a bit tight maybe in a couple of weeks!!

victorial85

A moaning old boot!!!!
S: 16st9lb C: 12st7lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 26.6 Loss: 4st2lb(24.89%)
It would make life so much easier if they made all sizes the same in all the shops...............................but then you dont have the fun of trying things on!!!! :) :) :)