Clover's Journey :) xx

That's great news about your skin :) I had another thought for you - for toiletries try Superdrug, they have lots of nice smellies clearly labelled for vegans, the coop do on a smaller scale and tbh not so nice.

Having milk out is not a big problem when you get used to it. Many but not all, places now do a soya milk if you ask. Other vegans I know have trained themselves to like tea and coffee without milk. My own tactic is to carry a small bottle of soya milk with me if I know I am going to need it out, or just have water or SF sodas whilst out. Costa do soya milk at the same price as dairy if you ask, Starbucks charge extra. Sainsburys in their 'restaurants' will do soya at no extra charge - had a lovely capppucino in a local one a couple of times.

Tbh, if you feel confident about it, it is good to ask as it makes people who require an alternative more visible and shows there is a demand. Oh, how my son and I laughed at the predicable re-action when I asked about the vegan option in McDonalds :)

That's great news about your skin :) I had another thought for you - for toiletries try Superdrug, they have lots of nice smellies clearly labelled for vegans, the coop do on a smaller scale and tbh not so nice.

Having milk out is not a big problem when you get used to it. Many but not all, places now do a soya milk if you ask. Other vegans I know have trained themselves to like tea and coffee without milk. My own tactic is to carry a small bottle of soya milk with me if I know I am going to need it out, or just have water or SF sodas whilst out. Costa do soya milk at the same price as dairy if you ask, Starbucks charge extra. Sainsburys in their 'restaurants' will do soya at no extra charge - had a lovely capppucino in a local one a couple of times.

Tbh, if you feel confident about it, it is good to ask as it makes people who require an alternative more visible and shows there is a demand. Oh, how my son and I laughed at the predicable re-action when I asked about the vegan option in McDonalds :)

Ur full of great advice thanks again! I also saw body shop is animal friendly too. Still can't believe how many things animals are used for unnecessarily. Gona watch those links.in Ur sig too. What was McDonalds reaction?!

Yeah I will ask for soya, its only really a trouble when im at uni and have coffee in lectures, sometimes much needed! But did consider the little tub too :) xxx

McDonalds? The girl I asked looked bewildered, gigggled, looked around and up to heaven for help. Just as my son had predicted. the supervisor however had heard of vegans. looked at the dietary sheet and showed it to me. My glasses were not strong enough to see but she reckoned a veggie burger without mayo would be OK. I risked it, and went home to check online and was not totally convinced that it was vegan so I emailed customer service and got absolutely NO RESPONSE. So, no more McDonalds for me - for a lot of historical reasons and of course for what they are all about I prefer not to sully my feet with the dust from their floor but they are extremely convenient.

There is a long standing discussion on the veganforum about SW I forgot to tell you about yesterday, it might be worth having a look at it and it you post it could well start up again http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?27404-Slimming-world-as-a-vegan

Happy saturday :)

Appetite for Reduction may have a decent reputation but IMO is not a book I would recommend to anybody - I did buy it when people were saying how good it was but I think she faffs about too much and many of the ingredients in it are not available in UK. Other people on here do recommend it but not me - sorry.
Fatfree Vegan Kitchen is one of the best sites on the net -again IMO - and I use lots of her recipes which do not have to be synned.
As far as soya milk in coffee etc think it is trial and error as some mix ok and some don't - I don't drink either tea or coffee so don't have the problem and OH has been drinking black coffee for quite a while now as the brand we buy here does not mix very well. When we are at home we make our own soya milk and that is ok.
Glad to hear you are getting on OK.

Thankyou both again !
Im on day 10 and not having.any problems.except that I seem to.be overloading.on.the carbs in replace of the meat. Do u have any advice for that? I guess its just the transition and learning about.the.variety I can have. Ordered some.books for ideas but feel I will put.on weight or having too many carbs in general.. Hmmmm off to research online xx

2 whole weeks, well done you!!!!! Really, no sarcasm intended, you have saved a few lives already XXX There are so many recipe sites out there but I'm guessing you want SW friendly as well.

Do have a good explore of this site, very little synning needed FatFree Vegan Kitchen | Sinlessly Delicious Recipes

I shouldn't say this, but cakes and treats on this site are lovely, but don't even look until you've lost 2 stone :) Parsley Soup Vegan Recipes

These are very nice Vegetable samosas and hara chutney - Recipes - Slimming World

Must dash now but look at Systema's diary for some great ideas, my food one that I gave you a link to is full of easy and quick things to eat.

Thanks been having a look on diaries. Im not very adventurous which is my problem!! I hasnt been vegan but ive significantly dropped my milk and egg intake, only eating them.if im eating/drinking out. Feeling better. And now u say.it, 2.5weeks is alot of lives I havent taken and I havent wanted it at all. I touched and cooked meat yesterday for the first time (for a client I do homecare for) and it honestly made my stomach turn! Struggling with the over loading on carbs tho!x

Good for you. Perhaps a better way of looking at what you can eat then would be to think about the sorts of foods you do like, you know, do you like Indian food, or Italian, or whatever, or it is quite possible to live of Linda McCartney or Fry's sausages with SW wedges ond some veggies.

How about a good old fry up SW style with mushrooms cut thin and done in frylight with either tinned plum toms or fresh ones, maybe onions too and some suitable sausages? Baked beans all done in the same frying pan with it all if you've got room is good too.

Or a lovely dahl, hang on and I'll link you to Mandlegrot's diary for this, she writes about a delicious Bengali spice mix on this page http://www.minimins.com/weight-loss-diary/296954-lurk-no-more-fat-no-more-20.html

I have got a nice dip I make based on houmous - liquidise together equal portions of roasted red peppers (the ones you get in liquid in a jar) with tinned chick peas, salt, garlic paste, lemon juice and a particular favourite of mine atm, Lebanese 7 spice powder. I think it's 7 spices, Asda do it. You can eat that with strips of raw veggies to dip into it and some ryvita as a HXB.

At the moment I'm into soups in a big way, I like them anyway and soups have been shown to aid weight loss by providing long term satiety, or so some research has proven.

A pseudo cream of toamto soup can be made by liquidising together:
1 tin of tomatoes
1 tin of carrots
2 pickled onions
1 stock cube.

It's rather good but probably not a good idea to eat too much tinned foods.

Another nice soup can be made from a tin of mushy peas and a stock cube or stock pot

Hope these get you thinking

Thats brilliant! Thankyou so much :)
Need to start recording everything.. we all.know.how much of a difference it makes!
So today...
A - soya milk ( dont like it, desperately need to go to asda and get the almond breeze!)
B - weetabix/ryvita

Breakfast: weeatbix, soya milk and tea
Lunch : chickpeas, cabbage, courgette, onion, bulgar wheat, stock cube. Not sure what to flavour chickpeas with yet. Soya yogurt [2]
Tea: morrisons nu me soup, tomato and 3 bean..not sure of syns but cant only be 2 or 3 I think? Ryvita
Snacks: shortbread finger[5]
Drinks: tea, water.

Last edited:
If you really don't like soya milk there is of course the Alpro and the Blue Diamond ultra low cal almond milks, as you know, but also oat milk, rice milk, there are so many varieties, different makes of soya milk taste different too. In my experience, if they are made in this country they are pretty foul, my personal taste is for the Belgian ones which generally are Alpro and the supermarkets own brands - not looked at labels for country of origin but that's how it.was. Then there are the coconut milks, you can have 200 ml of the chocolate one for an A choice. I like it, it reminds me vaguely of bounty bars.

If they all make your tea taste wrong it might be worth thinking about a different beverage. Herb teas, a coffee substitute or a flavoured coffee, I like puting rum flavouring or vanilla in mine. All so you are not feeling deprived by having wrong tasting tea.

Flavouring chickpeas. I like them in a salad with sliced red onions, roasted peppers (a current favourite of mine atm) gerkhins, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, anything to hand really, flavoured with balsamic vinegar and/or boullion powder. You can add rice as well if you want, and green leaves, let your vegetable basket be your guide. Incidentally, if you're heading dairy free, check the ingredients of that, some have lactose in them, or maybe lactic acid. Some lactic acid is plant based as in the olives labelled vegan but you need the marigold bouillion without it. One actually has vegan written on the label.

Something else I love that I had forgotton to tell you about is roast veggies. do long thin slices of courgettes, tomatoes, red peppers, butternut squash, and put them on a roasting tray you have sprayed with frylight, and spray them with frylight. Eat when soft with some balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Some people sprinkle herbs and garlic too. That with some houmous is a filling, delicious and SW friendly meal. You can have supermarket houmous for a HXB or make your own without tahini and it is free.

There is a whole new world of eating opening up to you - go for it :)

Your posts are great! Thank you:) will def try the roasted veggies! And chickpea salad. Just had first attempt at chickpeas and it was really yummy. Tried uploading a pic but it keeps crashing! I toasted them (after soaking) with onions, veg, chillies and bulgar wheat. Stock cube and.loads of pepper. Really.enjoyed it :) think il try a cold version with salad veg soon :) didnt think id like chickpeas! I have a tried a.few milks, but they are expensive to experiment if I dont likw them, my fav is almond breeze. At mo ive got alpro light unsweetened and it curdles modt things, especially coffee. Yuk. Will make a trip to asda! Didnt like the koko plain or a rice milk I tried so will stick with the breeze I think :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130425_123257.png
    ForumRunner_20130425_123257.png
    420.6 KB · Views: 54
Heres a picture of my breakfast :) feeling good and in control! And the sun is shining! Shame ive got a full day of study work to do!

Gona experiment with.chickpeas.again for lunch, pasta dish I think.
And then tofu, salad and jacket pot for tea. I hav discovered how much I love crispy tofu! Xx

Heres a picture of my breakfast :) feeling good and in control! And the sun is shining! Shame ive got a full day of study work to do!

Gona experiment with.chickpeas.again for lunch, pasta dish I think.
And then tofu, salad and jacket pot for tea. I hav discovered how much I love crispy tofu! Xx

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130426_093721.png
    ForumRunner_20130426_093721.png
    489 KB · Views: 42
How are you getting on with being Veggie and how much weight have you lost since you started?

Glad you like Tofu - I cut a block up and put it into veg soup then you get more protein. Chickpeas and lentils are amongst my favourite foods - make them into loaves and eat them hot or cold and are great on Ryvita and Toast as well as with Veg or Salad.

The fat free vegan site is brilliant -she comes up with great food which is easy to make. If you click on the Pinterest link in my signature you will find some recipes I have taken from the internet which are easy. There is a couple of SW curry sauce recipes which you can use with Chickpeas and easy pasta sauce.
There is a Chickpea Vindaloo recipe on there which I really like - if you like spicy food. :)

Heyy your inbox is full chick but I'm gonna paste what I wrote on here as its far too long to write out again lol.....

Wow you work so many hours!! I'm so suprised your so tired and have no time to exercise!
You've resisted takeaway though which is fab :)
Yeah I'm ok thank you, just plodding along, stayed the same this week but not tried as hard.
Hopefully joining the gym on Friday so should drop off when I start that.
As for food I've definitely seen a change in the way I think about food and don't seem to gauge as much.
Went to see the killers last night at wembley!! It was amazing :)
And we have decided on a date for the wedding we just need to sort everything else out lol it's gonna be the 28th June 2014 :D
And also 11 weeks and 6 days until my holiday woooooo hehe
Anyway enough of my essay lol
Let me know how your getting on or if you need a little chat :)
Xxx

Heyy your inbox is full chick but I'm gonna paste what I wrote on here as its far too long to write out again lol.....

Wow you work so many hours!! I'm so suprised your so tired and have no time to exercise!
You've resisted takeaway though which is fab :)
Yeah I'm ok thank you, just plodding along, stayed the same this week but not tried as hard.
Hopefully joining the gym on Friday so should drop off when I start that.
As for food I've definitely seen a change in the way I think about food and don't seem to gauge as much.
Went to see the killers last night at wembley!! It was amazing :)
And we have decided on a date for the wedding we just need to sort everything else out lol it's gonna be the 28th June 2014 :D
And also 11 weeks and 6 days until my holiday woooooo hehe
Anyway enough of my essay lol
Let me know how your getting on or if you need a little chat :)
Xxx

Thanks! Deleted now, il pm u bk xx

Back