Cocktails

Yoyo dieter

Combining low GI and CC
I quite fancy a cocktail every now and then in town but not sure which one would be the lesser of delicious evils. Obviously, creamy and syrupy ones should be avoided but has anyone got any suggestions? Also does anyone know the syns of different cocktails? I've seen recipes for low syn cocktails to make at home but I'm after syn values of average cocktails served in pubs/bars. :break_diet:

Also a lot of them are fruit juiced based which has a lot of syns. I really dont know.. not a huge drinker of cocktails. Maybe go for something like a martini but then your still looking 7 syns for that your best having shorts and diet mixers :D

Perhaps figure out the cocktails which you like and then find there ingriendents, and yes this is anal but work out the synage form there. All spirits like voddy and gin have 4,5 dry vermouth has 2,5 for 50. beers and ciders around the 10's and wine around the 5's and fruit juice varies. Plan plan plan. lol. If you find that there still a bit high decide to flexi syn but remember to stop at the amount.

I tend to go for mojitos as I think they work out quite low in syns for cocktails!

Going on a standard double measure, you have 5 syns for 50ml rum, 1 tpsn sugar = 1 syn, a dash of lime juice (negligible), mint (free) and a dash of sparking soda water (free).

If you like rum, mint and lime they are gorgeous :)

Back