Coconut oil

As long as it's extra virgin it should be fine, I haven't tried the holland and barrat stuff but knowing them it will be expensive. Let me know how it is if you try it :)

Hmmm doesn't say it's extra virgin... I'm not sure it would have the same benefits/properties as the EV kind. Any reviews for it?

i'm intrigued! apart from putting it on your body, what do you do with it? Can i be put into currys, drinks? drank on it's own? Also, is it the stuff you get out the coconut, I love that stuff.

You can eat it for sure, I love it!! It's v coconutty and creamy and yum! I also use it to cook with as well... Fry stuff in. It's solid at room temperature so you may have trouble drinking it. It gives me so much energy if I have two tsps in the morning and be sure not to have any too close to bed time or you will be awake all night lol. I've noticed that by eating it my
Nails and hair are a lot better too and I don't use it on my body.

Oooh, that sounds lovely !! How many carbs is there in 2 tsps? and I guess there is no sugar either?

Oh! What have i stumbled in on here?
Being a huge fan of both coconut body butter, bounties and piña colladas :p I am eager to learn more about this!

Can you still have this while not doing low carb?
Is it an oil like ... Well, oil? Can't remember the last time I used oil to cook something! Aha! Does anyone know calorie info?

Thanks for info thus far, I am off to research :D x

This sounds amazing! Definitely going to try this!

Don't know the calorie count but it's 0g carbs it's an oil but solid at room temp. When you take a bite it kinda melts in your mouth some people may not like that (think how the sensation of eating butter would be but with a coconut taste lol)

Has anyone tried a chocolate MIM and coconut oil added? Just wondering?

Popped into Holland & Barret yesterday, they only did one type and it wasn't extra virgin! :( The hunt continues..

I've just read this on a Q and A page on the CoconutOilCompany.com website:

What is “extra” virgin coconut oil?
There is no such product. The “extra” is marketing hype and that is all. It has been borrowed from the olive oil industry where it refers to a specific stage in the production of that product. We’d advise avoidance of coconut oil labelled “extra” virgin. If they’re wanting to pull the wool over the eyes with one thing, there may well be others.

Hope this helps!!!

I've just read this on a Q and A page on the CoconutOilCompany.com website:

What is “extra” virgin coconut oil?
There is no such product. The “extra” is marketing hype and that is all. It has been borrowed from the olive oil industry where it refers to a specific stage in the production of that product. We’d advise avoidance of coconut oil labelled “extra” virgin. If they’re wanting to pull the wool over the eyes with one thing, there may well be others.

Hope this helps!!!

Oooooh :eek:

I think by saying extra virgin they just mean unrefined and cold pressed.

I think it means there is only one process for obtaining coconut oil and there is no such thing as 'extra virgin'..that's how I read it anyhow lol

I know what I'll be buying!

Virgin Coconut Oil can only be achieved by using fresh coconut meat or what is called non-copra. Chemicals and high heating are not used in further refining, since the natural, pure coconut oil is very stable with a shelf life of several years. There are currently two main processes of manufacturing Virgin Coconut Oil:
1. Quick drying of fresh coconut meat which is then used to press out the oil. Using this method, the coconut meat is quick dried, and the oil is then pressed out via mechanical means. This is the most common type of "Virgin" or "Extra Virgin" (see below) coconut oil sold in the market today that you will find in stores. It is mass-produced. (see our Green Label Virgin Coconut Oil)
2. Wet-milling. With this method the oil is extracted from fresh coconut meat without drying first. "Coconut milk" is expressed first by pressing. The oil is then further separated from the water. Methods which can be used to separate the oil from the water include boiling, fermentation, refrigeration, enzymes and mechanical centrifuge. (see our Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil)

Most commercial grade coconut oils are made from copra. Copra is basically the dried kernel (meat) of the coconut. It can be made by: smoke drying, sun drying, or kiln drying , or derivatives or a combination of these three. So this is your normal coconut oil ie not virgin... Virgin stuff comes from non copra.

On the loo?? I have never had that problem at all!! The first day I took it I felt a little nauseous but after that I've been right as rain. Maybe I have a stomach of steel lol maybe cut it back to 1 and work up? At least you are cleared out lol

Back