Coconut oil

teetiefunk said:
On the loo?? I have never had that problem at all!! The first day I took it I felt a little nauseous but after that I've been right as rain. Maybe I have a stomach of steel lol maybe cut it back to 1 and work up? At least you are cleared out lol

Think I need to follow your advice and start with 1 cause it was awful! Tasted good when I was eating it though :) think i'm gonna make cookies with it using flaxseed and I need to check out the recipes section of the atkins thread!

Nom nom coconut oil!! Any one tried other brands than nutiva? What are they like flavour wise?? My nutiva is almost finished now :-(

you can definatly use worcester sauce as it is one of the Atkins recipies (induction) Also you can use Soy (reduced salt).
use this link
www.atkins.com/Program/low-carb-online-tools.aspx
for the Atkins website and you will see on the top bar it says free tools. there is a carb counter, and lists of recipes for all stages.

Eh?? Worcester sauce? Thought this was a coconut oil thread lol

Gonna bring this thread back to life. I was intrigued by the thought of coconut oil so ordered the KTC and the Nutiva brands and did a taste test today. BIG difference!

The KTC didn't taste of anything and sort of reminded me, texture wise, of eating lard (not that I'm a secret lard scoffer or anything). You def could not eat a spoon of that!

The Nutiva one is totally different. Sweet, coconuty and like Teeterfunk says, pretty delicious although I don't think I could eat more than a teaspoon tops.

I'm going the use the KTC to cook with and the Nutiva to eat off the spoon. I'll keep you informed:D

The KTC one is refined.....

Basically the flavour/scent is non existent......the unrefined is so much nicer...I've tried both....same in texture for me though.

The one I get is Coconoil, smells sooo nice and tastes lovely....I use it everywhere though....as a bath oil, hair and skin moisturiser...cooking oil...etc....

All in all pretty good stuff....

Back