Coconut oil

Well it's well known that fat doesn't make fat...and medium chain tryglycerides which are in coconut oil absolutely cannot be stored as fat and that's why when you have CO you feel like you have loads of energy, coz your body want to use the calories up from it. It's the way to go I think!

Just wondering mind you - if fat doesn't make us fat, why is cheese such a problem for so many low carbers? Weird, isn't it?

Cheese is one-third protein, one-third fat and one-third water. Strange how it can stall and even cause gains.

I can't eat a lot of fat even on Atkins. I regain very fast!

I buy coconoil from Amazon & I use it for all my cooking. It dosen't taste of anything. I can't eat it out of the tub though, it's like candle wax, lol

There's a couple of things why cheese could be stalling... You can't eat unlimited amounts anyway as it still does contain lactose ( milk sugars) so on induction it should be 3-4 oz only. Also people with an overgrowth of candida (yeast) in their stomach may stall with cheese also. And actually coconut oil ( over a long period of use) can kill candida in the stomach :)

Cinta... Are you using extra virgin coconut oil?? The refined stuff had no coconut taste and is not as beneficial.

Oh wow, I love this oil. Bought mine from holland and barrett, ssooooo nice. cooked some prawns with it, wow, coconut all the way. I also put it on my face, smells so nice. Cheers for the info!

Ha, lol. I did not put the prawns on my face, just the oil, straight out of the fridge. That sounded funny.

Lol that painted a nice image!! I've lost 3 pounds this week and I'm totally putting it down to the 2-3 tbsp I've been having a day.

Got mine today at Holland and Barretts. Had a little tablespoon, it was ok. Wish we had a health food store in my town, had to drive 5 miles away so stocked up with soy flour etc as well. The jar of coconut oil is massive, good job at the price too! I'm sure it will be worth it though

I didn't know holland and barratt did extra virgin stuff!! Will have to go try some.

LOL, is this a food or beauty thread :)

Both jim!!

ah, LOL

Yeah definately both. I put some on my dry skin this morning. Was meant to just put in on in patches but it smelt so good that I slathered it on all over my face, neck and arms and only used a tiny amount. I smell lush :D

im still waiting for my coconut oils to come, i ordered them last tuesday from ebay and am still waiting and im dying to try some, guess its coz of the bank holiday and wedding :sigh:

I use to use coconut oil when I was a poor student 30 years ago. I use to lay on Torquay beach and fry....................:)

I use to use coconut oil when I was a poor student 30 years ago. I use to lay on Torquay beach and fry....................:)

You were posh Jill, we used chip fat ;)

Whats the best one to get from Holland and Barrett? I'm thinking perhaps a trip on the way home from work tomorrow is in order!

Back