Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

coffe with milk on SS

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by vampalicious, 5 April 2009 Social URL.

1. vampalicious

vampalicious Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st5.8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11.3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.3lb(6.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    hi everyone, day 6 of my restart, doing good, well into ketosis, not hungry, drinking loads of water, my scales show a good loss but not getting excited as i go by the CDC`s scales,( weigh in tuesday)
    anyway, ive been drinking black coffee with no sugar, ive got use to it, but its not like when you have a nice cuppa and think mmmm that was really nice lol,
    i just wondered if any of you have used skimmed milk in you coffee/tea whilst on SS and still had good losses?
    i dont want to go on SS+ as i dont want the extra pack, just wondered what you think about it?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Amyeve

Amyeve Mummy of 2!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(22.45%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    ooo i'd be really interested to hear an answer to this. sometimes i think if i could just have a cup of tea with a splash of milk it would stop me wanting to eat and really help. surely a dash of milk would be better than eating something?

4. vampalicious

vampalicious Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st5.8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11.3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.3lb(6.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    well my thoughts of thinking were if your allowed skimmed milk on SS+ AND and extra pack, and still lose weight then surley a dash of milk wont hurt?
    can anyone help us lol?

5. furrysmudge

furrysmudge Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Bouncing back to Slimming World
    Personally, I use about a quarter of a pack of vanilla shake in a mug of coffee with 2 sweeteners....makes it taste well creamy, and I serve it in a latte mug. If you froth it up with a milk frother thingy it's even better yeyyyyy xx

6. gadgetqueen

gadgetqueen Member

Well I have been on SS since 2nd Feb and my CDC has always said I can have 200ml of skimmed milk per day. I probably never actually drink this amount, but I certainly have 2 or three cups of coffee a day with skimmed milk. I thought it was a fairly new thing allowing skimmed milk on SS. I have still lost 2st 3lb and have never been out of ketosis since about day 4 of first starting:)

7. LauraLou85

LauraLou85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I was drinking semi-skimmed milk in my coffee the first week (about 4 a day) and still managed to loose 9lb. my CDC said its ok to have 200ml of milk if u have to have it,now i only have 1 or 2 cups of coffee with skimmed milk as a evening treat..lol. :)

8. hugybear

hugybear Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    ladies, i am sole source wih 4 pkt a day and still have 1/2pt ss milk a day and am having good loses, i did try to do the black coffee thing but it was just not the same, I do however tend to keep my milk allowance for my first and last cup of coffee in the day as that is when i need it most

9. mooncat

mooncat loves the moon and cats!

Diet:
    weight to go
    I had a black coffee today and it was really bitter, I think I'll just stick to water cos a cuppa's just not the same without milk

10. macy12

macy12 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I`ve had a splash of skimmed milk in my tea first thing in the morning and again at 4pm with my toffee bar.
    I`ve done this since day one, ok, maybe my losses could have been a bit more, but as long as I`m still in ketosis I don`t mind.
    Also, to be honest, I think its helped me stay on this diet, as I so look forward to my 2 cuppas !! ( I used to have at least 10 cuppas a day before doing CD !!)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.