Coffee

Miss Fenella

I have just read (on the net so it must be true) that when you are in ketosis that Decaf is better than Caffeinated Coffee. Apparently if you have insulin resistance caffeine slows down the ketosis process ie. it is harder to and takes longer to lose weight :eek:

Has anyone found this in their experience and made the switch?

Thanks

:gen125:

hadn't heard/thought about it, however, I am having 2 lattes a day (quite strong) and sometimes a coffee muffin, so whether it is true or not, I think I will switch to be on the safe side, it doesn't bother me which I have. I just want to get this lard shifted.
Also, everytime I have weighed in my stick has always been very light pink, apart from the first popin when it was middle (had had no coffee). Now I am wondering if I am only just in ketosis or what :confused:

Yep think i might switch. i drink a lot of coffee!

Thanks for posting that.

P x

Grrr!

Oh no! now my caffeine's going! I'm on three lattes a day and I never 'turn the stick'. Mind you, the weight's falling off me, so I haven't anything to complain about... :D would be an interesting experiment though.

...and by the way, would 'the first wee of the day' be the one at 2am, the one at 4am or the one when I get up at 6.30,???

...and by the way, would 'the first wee of the day' be the one at 2am, the one at 4am or the one when I get up at 6.30,???

PMSL :rotflmao:

It depends how sensitive you are to it. I found that I was very sensitive to caffeine (probably because I've drunk decaf tea and coffee for so long) as when I went onto caff coffee a couple of weeks ago it seemed to make me feel hungry (I'm in week 10 and was never hungry until then). Now I'm back on decaff - although I only have about 3 cups in a week anyway - and the hunger has gone again.

ok i only know about cambridge and no nothing about lighterlife
but are you really ALLOWED lattes?
we arent allowed milk of cd but if youre drinking lattes on LL and staying in ketosis i may well just try a drop of skimmed in my tea

yeah i have decaff coffee

are you allowed candarel in the coffee?

you can have sweeteners in tablet form, not granular.
Not sure why actually, but that is what it says.

not in granular because it often contains citric acid to maintain its free flowing non clumping nature (apparently). I prefer splenda tablets to candarel as it is all natural (and what is used on atkins)

when you say granular what do you mean
is candarel granular?

Back