Coke Zero fizzy drink hmmmm and lost weight!

jo slaney

Hi everyone,

started lighter life last sunday and was told by the counsellor that you can drink Coke Zero (must be coke zero not diet coke) as it does not contain citric acid, my friend also on diet but attends a different group and she wasnt told this. Well, i drank loads of coke zero this week and lost 11 pounds so must be okay.
Thought it would be good to share

You 'can' drink it but you're not supposed to at all so your LLC is being a really naughty there. The whole idea of the diet is to get you to stop drinking things like fizzy drinks (unless it's fizzy water) so I would try and wean yourself off it if you can. Drinking loads of it isn't good for you and longer term it will mean you'll struggle with any other fizzy drinks when you're on maintenance.
LLT isn't about seeing what you can get away with drinking or eating and still lose weight, it's about sticking to the programme and re-educating your body and mind about food. Nowhere in any LL book does it say you can drink Coke Zero!!

Spot on Rachel. Some LLCs out there are missing the point and thereby passing on what I consider unhgelpful information to the clients.

It is certainly your choice is you want to dinkr the stuff, but I would suggest you take this opportunity to look up the effects fizzy drinks have on your body - not your weight, but your body - particularly any fake drinks (siet, zero, etc)

They are poison, and contribute to remaining fat and can cause weight gain in the end. THey are bad for your bones. They are really awful for you.

I was a DIet Coke addict. I have not had a sip of one since Jan 2008, and I don;t miss them. I thank LL for getting me off them actually.

I used to be a diet coke addict too so I'm thankful to LL to getting me off the horrible stuff. It did awful thigns to my digestive system.
I think it's wrong for any LLC to be condoning drinking coke zero on LLT. It completely goes against the whole point of LL!

I decided to try and have a small amount of Coke Zero just to try and keep me on the diet and as a small change for my taste buds.

I can totally believe the claims that it is very unhealthy for you.. I guess if it's the only way you can cope with the diet then it's better to lose the weight in the long run with a little Coke Zero, but it shouldn't be relied on and really should be in addition to your 2/3/4ltrs of plain water.

I know fizzy drinks have attributed to my weight gain over the years and so I'm reluctant to allow them to control me still.. but I do still like it and I don't smoke or drink alcohol, so I'm hoping it'll even itself out..

Not only that, but I've actually been enjoying water!

As you can see by my jumbled post, I havn't worked out whether to drink it or not!

Hey Gem. Just tell yourself that coke zero isn't part of LLT (which it most definitely is not). It's just as bad as a glass of wine or a chocolate bar in terms of the negative impact it will have on the success of your LL journey. If you're having coke zero then you're not actually doing the diet and you should be able to 'cope' without it. You WILL be able to cope without it!

I could have a piece of chicken or fish and still lose weight, but I don't. It's not part of the diet.

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh but I think it's really irresponsible for an LLC to tell anyone they can have coke zero as it's just a slippery slope. I've been around since 2008 (as has BL) so I know!

Success for LL isn't about reaching goal. That's the easy bit. It's staying at goal that's the challenge. And getting yourself off fizzy drinks is one of the ways to do that.

It sounds like your internal chatterbox is on overdrive about whether to drink coke or not. Read the book. It's not on your list of what is allowed. End of conversation!!

All the best with the rest of your LL journey :)

i have to agree
i am alarmed that the LLC told you about it - it seems they are making up their own rules!!! the whole point of being on LL is so we can understand why we do what we do and try and address these things !

You are right of course.. I havn't got any left and have only finished off the 1 glass left in the bottle that I had before the diet commenced.

I am enjoying water and also I feel Coke in general gives me bad skin, so I will stick to water from now on.. and coffeeeeee! :)

BTW it wasn't me that got recommended it from a LLC, must have been a previous poster.

I shall follow it to the letter and then I KNOW it'll work :)

thats great Gem, you can get different water flavours, from class, if you fancy something a little different tasting!!!
x

Yep Rachel, I agree with all of that too.

The lines are certainly getting fuzzier and fuzzier by misinformed LLC's. You would think LL HQ would try and tighten up some of the misinformation flying around. <sigh>

I feel very strongly about LL because it saved my life. I dont; want to see it turned into "just another fad diet" - it hurts everyone in the long run when that happens.

xx

I have some water flavourings, they are okay for a change, but a strange taste, might try it with sparkling water to see if that helps.

Water is tasting suprisingly nourishing and enjoyable.. I used to dislike it because I was a carb junkie and I think it used to feel like I'd bloated out when I drank a lot.. whereas fizzy probably fizzes in the tummy? I don't know, fizzy always seemed to settle better.. but it's the opposite now I'm pleased to say :)

:) I gave up all diet drinks when I started for the first time last year I also gave up caffeine and only drink de caff now, I haven't strayed back to them even when I was not doing LL I didn't like the taste of diet drinks anymore
My LLc is quite firm and she says ' I am not telling you what to do, I am giving you the reasons to stick to the plan and the information is all there in the books for you to make your own decision' That's the Adult way to do things I guess, after all the only person you are cheating is yourself.. your pocket..not your LLc as when you don't stick to plan you will attend for longer so more income generated for them. ...
sorry that is a bit of a ramble!!

Back