Coke Zero

mandye thats what i do too
i have one can of zero as a treat and a fill me up late evening
stops me heading to the crisps, chocolates or biscuit tin

Hi zero coke does not replace your water you still have to drink the tap dry ,but you can get water flavours orange and berry (think you can on cd anyway ).I have a zero drink at end of day they fill me up and i can go to bed happy .

The water flavourings are only available on CD - LT dont do anything that sophisticated lol!

LOL!!! LT is totally strict on diet drinks etc but I have had the odd glass just to stop me from going insane on LT!!!

Quote page 132 of Dr. Howard's 20th Anniversary book:

"I don't like black tea and coffee - can I have low-calorie squashes?

Not on the "Sole Source" porgrame. Research has shown that citric acid can prevent the body utilising its carbohydrate stores and cause fluid retention. As citric acid is present in one calorie diet drinks, low-calorie fruit squashes, slices of lemon and lemon tea, any of these may for some people negate the effectiveness of the Diet. It is possible to whiten tea and coffee using small amounts of vanilla flavoured Diet from the daily quota. Leaf herb teas (mint, nettle etc) can add variety, but avoid fruit and flower teas as they contain small amounts of carbohydrate which can cause fluid retention and induce a plateau in some dieters. Those who cannot live without the daily enjoyment of tea and coffee with milk can still lose weight with Cambridge by following one of the "with food" programmes (see Chapter 2) for which there is a daily milk allowance."

Citric Acid has always been a no no, I can remember 20 years ago being in a meeting with Dr. Howard where he said a slice in lemon is enough to affect ketosis in some people.

I have made a Sticky for Citric Acid.

Thanks for that...could explain why I only lost 1lb this week again!! Doh!

But I thought thats why you dont have diet coke coz that has citric acid in whereas coke zero doesn't.......I'm getting confused!

good point - its supposed to have zero carbs and zero sugar?

Yes, it has zero carbs and no citric acid - thats why you can have coke zero in limited amounts, but you cant have regular diet coke and most other diet drinks, as they have citric acid and some carbs in which might knock you out of ketosis. Basically, if you stick to coke zero you should be ok!

Okay thanks for explaining the difference between these two drinks to me. But it sounds like I shouldn't drink just coke zero instead of water. But if I am drinking coke, I will definitely take coke zero.
I was quite surprised about your warning, D_Q. I can't imagine that something like an addiction to coke really exist. Does anyone of you ever felt like being addicted?

Not personally, but a friend of mine was. She had to drink 4 litres a day. She told herself she was ok coz it was diet, but its the caffeine.....its very addictive. She wouldnt buy the caffeine free.

Oh my goodness!!! 4 litres a day!! That must be so bad for your teeth never mind your body!! Is she still doing it Shaz? Had a look at your website and it looks very good!! I want to fly from Belfast to France next late summer but I dont see any flights. Preferably Carcasonne (cant spell but you get my drift!!)

She says not, but I'm not toooooo sure myself. It is and addiction.

Re flights Rachel. I'm too honest for my own good, but the best place to look is travelsupermarket.com. Its a price comparison site and for flights you cannot beat it (even I cant and I like to think I'd beat any price). If you ever want a package holiday or for me to build you one, then I'm pretty much the best!!!!!!!!!

Just a little note of warning (sorry to be a killjoy). Regardless of whether it has citric acid in it, or not, some of the diet drinks out there can lead to cravings. It's not just about coming out of ketosis. So it is always a good idea to think carefully before you introduce anything new, and be aware that one person might get away with it, but you may not. :)

I was quite surprised about your warning, D_Q. I can't imagine that something like an addiction to coke really exist. Does anyone of you ever felt like being addicted?

Hiya - I didn't necessarily mean an addiction to or craving for diet coke/fizzy drinks. Some people just find that adding these extras makes them want other things - crisps, nuts, etc :)

She says not, but I'm not toooooo sure myself. It is and addiction.

Re flights Rachel. I'm too honest for my own good, but the best place to look is travelsupermarket.com. Its a price comparison site and for flights you cannot beat it (even I cant and I like to think I'd beat any price). If you ever want a package holiday or for me to build you one, then I'm pretty much the best!!!!!!!!!

Aw thanks for being honest Shaz! I will have a look and see about the flights and I will def keep you in mind for our package hols!!

But is this really an addiction? Some of my friends often say that they were addicted to coke. But I think people just say this because they like it so much. It's the same with coffee. I really like coffee and I drink quite much in the morning-probably more than others, but I wouldn't call myself being addicted to caffeine as I don't mind not having any coffee for several days (although it's more difficult to get up in the morning :)) Or what happened to your friend? Did she go to a doctor and did he call her addicted to caffeine?

She never went to the doctor, we just kept on at her because it cannot be good for you. She had the diet coke so thought that it wouldnt effect her teeth.......which it hasnt. It has the sweetner aspartame in it and we did some research on it. Too much is not good for you. I spoke to her yesterday about it and she swears she drinks maybe 1 or 2 cans a day now. I'm not sure if it is a proper addiction, but people can get hooked on caffeine......so maybe. I'm not a doctor just giving my opinion.

I have been having coke zero this week so I'll see if that effects my weigh in tomorrow.....fingers crossed it hasn't.

Further to above......just put aspartame into google....its very frightening.........even though I still do have a coke zero!!!!!!!!!
x

And did you friend ever stop drinking coke? I mean for several days? And what happened during these days? Did she have any withdrawal syndromes? If she really had withdrawal syndromes I would really recommend to go and see a doctor, because then she is probably really addicted to caffeine. But as long as she is okay not having any coke for a longer period of time I think she doesn't have an addiction. Then she just loves coke-whether it's healthy or not :)

Coke Zero Vs Sprite Zero

Hello everyone,

Since reading the Coke and Sprite debate i have been trying both and they have not affected my weight loss at all, iam so pleased to have something to lookforward to more than water.:tear_drop: :D

Back