Coke Zero

hi guys

i know this may be a bit controversial on this post but why not just follow the diet down too a tee do exactly what it says to do, no food, drink just water and tea/coffee and nothing else, the diet will work better im sure if its done correctly why is coke or any other drink needed so badly, its only a few weeks/months out of your whole life surly you can manage without it. its not as if water is discusting to drink i know its boring but its by far the best thing to drink. the people who invented this diet obviously researched and tested it so if they dont recomend it why do it, and i realise that people will say that it dosnt effect my weight loss? how do you know? if you didnt have that can every day you may loose more, diet coke and coke zero still have additives and preservatives that are not good for you, now soory for that thats the end of my rant,
now im ready for the abuse im gonna get :rolleyes:

No abuse, just sound logical advice. If people aren't prepared to follow the diet as they should, they shoudn't be doing Lipotrim.

Jaxxy. The doctor advised Lipotrim for me because on every other diet I do I lose 7lbs then it stops. He said I have a stubborn metabolism and that I should just be happy to lose every week and not expect the same losses as others........as I dont really have lots to lose anyway. I mentioned coke zero to the pharmasist today who said it is fine and will NOT effect my weight loss...not might not, but WILL NOT! I have aprox 3 glasses a week and have lost 18lbs in 6 wks. I'm delighted with that loss.

Charlotte/JJ811. I think it is very unfair to say that if people do not stick to the diet 100% they shouldn't be doing lipotrim. Its not anyones decision, but the individual themselves. If people are happy with their weight loss then its up to them. I'm delighted with 18lbs in 6 weeks (plus 7lbs the week before so 25lbs in 7 weeks). If drinking a glass of coke zero helps people stick to the diet then I dont see the problem. Some people have more will power then others. If you can do it without having the coke then FANTASTIC, but its not nice to have a go at others. There are people on this site who are on and off lipotrim, but they really want to lose weight and deserve support.

.........my rant over.

I am not having a go just stating my opinion. I feel that pure Lipotrim alone helps retrain your eating and drinking habilts. If you have not retrained your habits during you your Lipotrim experience you might return to bad ways afterwards.

Jamie you are right in that water is by far better for you than coke but I also agree with Shaz that each to their own. If it works for them and keeps them on the diet then do it.

Charlotte I absolutely do not agree with your comment Im afraid. Everyone has a right to do whatever works for them and not be judged.

Its also nice to have a discussion about a particular topic and not everyone has to agree. It makes for an interesting conversation!! :)

Here Here. I agree 100% Rachel, but yes the world would be a pretty boring place if we agreed all the time.

How you getting on?

god i love a discussion, course im not here to tell people what to do all im saying is that this is the reason why i think people fail is because they convince themselves that a can of coke zero etc will be ok, so then whats next ohhh a wee bit of that chicken will be ok coz its zero carbs and low in fat in my opinion its a downward spiral, then when you stop doing it you feel **** now i know this wont happen to everyone but im sure it happens.

We are obviously all different. I personally can have the odd drink. I've been known to have a curry from the takeaway (chicken and salad) and have remained in ketosis the whole time. The next day its straight back to shakes. I suppose you have to know yourself. If you KNOW that you have to stick to it 100% or you'll slip then thats what you have to do. For me personally on a Friday after weigh in I always have a small protein meal with salad. It keeps me on the straight and narrow all week looking forward to it, but I'm sure others the next day would struggle to go straight back to the shakes.

I know I can do the diet long term doing it this way....whereas doing it the strict way, I'd maybe would have lasted a couple of weeks. I'm kind of doing LT 90% of the time and Atkins 10%......its working for me and I'm happy with 2-3lbs a week. I know others want 5-7lbs a week, but I've been told I'll probably not lose that no matter what I do due to my metabolism.......so why not have the odd low carb/low fat/low calorie treat.

Each to their own!!!

Reactions: Bea
Oh Boy Sharon:p

I so wish I could be like you and have the willpower to only eat once a week. However experience and weight gain tell me I can't!:rolleyes:

:eek:For me JJ811 is exactly right, the morsel of cheese lead to the ounce of chicken which lead to the plate etc right back to 4lbs below my original start point of 4 years ago!

:eek:Today is day 2 of restart and I have gone back to Lipotrim because it may seem more restrictive but the 'medicinal' angle I can put on it helps - the thought of having to chew one of the flapjacks is enough to have me screaming to drink my body weight in water as an alternative:tear_drop:

I'm now off to try and redo my tracker - wish me luck and good luck to you all in your journeys to slimdom

Reactions: Bea
Oh Boy Sharon:p

I so wish I could be like you and have the willpower to only eat once a week. However experience and weight gain tell me I can't!:rolleyes:

:eek:For me JJ811 is exactly right, the morsel of cheese lead to the ounce of chicken which lead to the plate etc right back to 4lbs below my original start point of 4 years ago!

:eek:Today is day 2 of restart and I have gone back to Lipotrim because it may seem more restrictive but the 'medicinal' angle I can put on it helps - the thought of having to chew one of the flapjacks is enough to have me screaming to drink my body weight in water as an alternative:tear_drop:

I'm now off to try and redo my tracker - wish me luck and good luck to you all in your journeys to slimdom

Welcome back on board the LT Train....I am taking a little break for a few months....but I have justed loved this site and it has really helped me get to where I am....you will be back to your silm self in no time!!

No abuse, just sound logical advice. If people aren't prepared to follow the diet as they should, they shoudn't be doing Lipotrim.

This is really interesting thread.

Unfortunately I have found people arent black and white and not everyone can do LT 100% because of 1000s of reasons/pressures/factors .......I dont think that should give up on doing LT or CD and if the odd break out helps them cope and it still means they are loosing or maintaining.......then I say go for it!

Differing opinions made for a really interesting debate! Who knew what a thread on Coke Zero could start!! :D

Good luck to you as well Helen.You know this diet as you have obviously done it before. Like I said each to their own.

My friend has to stick to it 100% as well. Once she eats, even a low carb meal that will still keep her in ketosis, that is it.......the end for her. She has lost 4 stone in 3 months and it was her that told me about lipotrim. She said its the strictness of the diet that is good for her, but the worry she has is she is not being educated about food and making the right choices. She is worried that as soon as she goes back to eating and her making the choices for herself the weight will return, because she knows she will not stick to low carb etc. I sometimes find it difficult on a Saturday getting back into the shakes, but I hope it is training me and in the long run it will help me make the right choices.

My brother started lipotrim yesterday morning and he was finished by the night.......just goes to show guys that each and everyone of us who are sticking to this diet have fantastic will power and deserve that beautiful slim body.:D

I just found this pledge on aonther thread and so though I would plagarise it for my own ends - my thanks to the original poster

"I pledge to Minimins and everyone committed to this thread to Sole Source for the next week (small steps to start) and by the end of November to be able to post here that I am a whole 10kgs lighter than I was when I picked up my shakes from the Chemist's - I weighed in at 130kgs that day"

I am on day 2 and so far I'm OK - DH & kids are still alive although one offspring left home at sparrow's fart and the other is still comatose & DH is avoiding me like the plague (except to bring me fluids). He's a wise man having been here before :D

I'm not very good at keeping track of threads and things so should you be curious my 'diary/ramblings/garbage' is to be found under the Century Club - I have so far to go.

Please may I invite anyone to take a peek and feel free to contribute:)

Happy slimming:rolleyes:

I can't imagine that it is really healthy to drink just coke zero instead of water ( although it would be so great). But you can't drink only plain water all the time. I really don't feel satisfied doing this-sometimes you simply need a change. I am sure that people can be strict on their food plan, but you still need to live. And maybe it's the glass of coke zero which makes you happy. That is fine as long as you don't distend it I think.

Quite right Sam. I think these options are put into VLCDs in order to help us to stick to the plan. Those of us who do not feel it necessary to punish ourselves, and have enough self control to have these little things which we *are* allowed should be able to do so without being made to feel bad - after all they ARE allowed, we are not cheating.... enough said!

PS - also quite right bea, I might add :)

Who is to say who 'should' and 'shouldnt' be on LT?!

Back