Coke zero!

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
Can anyone tell me, how much we can get away with having in a day, and can it count towards our fluid intake??<BR><BR>i've started having a small glass a day with my evening mousse to try and bring some normality to my evening 'meal' as water really is not my thing, although i make sure i have 3 litres a day! i really struggle with water so having the coke zero is a nice treat but recently i've wanted to have some more, maybe coz i'm due on next week so craving that sort of taste but just wondering how much is too much really?

I read on slim and save some people have two a day I've had my first this weekend didn't do weight loss any harm and still in ketosis :)

I have had a glass on two separate occasions when I felt desperate for something, weight loss OK so far

are you all doing Soul source?? x

That's what I was thinking, Im on SS never heard of drinking that :O xx

I have since sat and so far since started lost nearly 2.5 stone insincere last week of feb :) and I'm SS too saw it on the slim and save threads. Suits me may not others

thats nice to know thanks missy :) im going out next weekend and might treat myself to one, it's hard drinking water for a wholeeeeeeeee night out xx

I was told only diet coke!

Can you really drink coke zero on Cambridge?
It's not on the list...

Im on ss+ think I am lucky to get away with it, before cd I was on two litre so I have cut way down just can't give it up altogether. I do think that I could have lost more weight I really think it slows it down for me ;-(

supergran said:
It's not on the list...

Im on ss+ think I am lucky to get away with it, before cd I was on two litre so I have cut way down just can't give it up altogether. I do think that I could have lost more weight I really think it slows it down for me ;-(

I'm not hugely into soft drinks but the water gets a bit much. I can drink the water but I sometimes forget when I'm at work

You can have coke zero as it contains no citric acid which affects ketosis. Diet coke does contain citric acid. But it should be drunk in addition to your water intake, your kidneys still need to flush through the toxic ketones that ketosis produces.

There is a sticky somewhere of drinks that are ketosis friendly. Like sainsburys do a strawberry and kiwi fizzy drink which is safe. Tesco do a strawberry flavoured still water which is safe.

If the ingrediants say citric acud its a no go, malic acid is safe.

Though its not cdc approved, many other vlcd's say its fine. Cambridge has to be firm and have clear guidelines so isnt likely to advocate cheats :)

I cant bear water, so I drink sugar free squash, which isnt allowed and may be slowing down losses but its the only way im going to get 3 litres a day down me :)

Nothing better than a cold can of diet coke. I'm sure one wouldn't hurt... It's the huge bottles you have to be wary of ;)

are you all doing Soul source?? x

yes im on SS, i only found out about coke zero through minimins! as cornish kez says its because of a certain type of acid that allows you to stay in ketosis, ive looked at fanta and sprite zero but they have citric acid in them which can knock you out of it so coke zero is the only one allowed. i only have a small glass every night so i'm not going to go overboard with it if its really an added extra but it is handy when you want to taste something other than water for a change!!

I was told by my CDC that coke zero was ok (but when i've been out i have had a diet coke but i checked with my consultant first and she ok-ed it for me!). I may buy some cans for the house, and start having one in the evenings - by that time i am sick to death of water (i've done my 2litres of fizzy by the afternoon), and I find I'm drinking very little in the evenings as a consequence. (Mainly because I don't want to be up all night going to the loo - i need my sleep!)

Lx

I was told by my CDC that coke zero was ok (but when i've been out i have had a diet coke but i checked with my consultant first and she ok-ed it for me!). I may buy some cans for the house, and start having one in the evenings - by that time i am sick to death of water (i've done my 2litres of fizzy by the afternoon), and I find I'm drinking very little in the evenings as a consequence. (Mainly because I don't want to be up all night going to the loo - i need my sleep!)

Lx

i usually have most of my water by the time i get home from work, i try and have 4 bottles of my 750ml bottle of water which makes 3 litres, then i'll have a glass or two at home plus the coke zero but last night i hadnt had enough water and ended up having 3 tall glasses an hour before bed, big mistake! was up 5 times in the night to pee, what a nightmare! am on my 2nd bottle already this morning so will get through my bulk by this afternoon, dont want a repeat of last night's toilet trips!

I think Dr Pepper Zero is ok too? Don't sprite do a zero version now?! Might have to check that one out.

Back