coke zero

fatblokeonabike

I read somwhere that we can have coke zero but not diet coke is this correct?

I think there's a bit of controversy on this one. Diet Coke is def a no no. BUT Coke Zero???? My CDC says it's okay to have but I know that others say absolutely not. I brought this up with my CDC and she said that Cambridge do not advocate it, for the reasons mentioned by Amanda. But she sees no problem with it, and told me that if I did start craving or my weight loss suffered then I should give it up. She also said that it's 1 can a day only. I've been having one can on an evening and my losses haven't been affected so far. It's good for me cos I was such a coke (a-cola) addict before I started this diet, so being able to have one a day is great. Hope this helps, although I suspect I've just made a woolly area even more woolly, soz!

coke zero knocked me out of K land

Oooh I'll have to keep an eye on that then. As of this morning I'm still in the big K so hopefully 1 a day is ok for me. Thanks for the warning though.

Oooh I'll have to keep an eye on that then. As of this morning I'm still in the big K so hopefully 1 a day is ok for me. Thanks for the warning though.

As with lots of things if you know the rules, and are aware what can happen you are prepared. Hopefully you may be one of the ones it doesn't effect :D

It's something that I can fix if it does have an effect! It's my only 'cheat' otherwise I'm 100%. I'm curious to know why some CDC's say you can get away with tho'. Mine didn't mention being able to have it until I brought it up after reading on here about it, so she's not actively encouraging it.

Cambridge use to say it was allowed ..... then further research found it can kick you out of ketosis, therefore they've withdrawn it as an agreed beverage (it was only ever in moderation anyway). Some CDC's are not up to date - for whatever reason (not being on Minis is one!)

Some clients find they NEED to have something extra - and whilst I will say the rules are not to have it ... if they do and get away with it then that's up to them. Same goes for lots of things ... but trouble is little cheats that you get away with, then make you think you can have other stuff. If possible 100% as you are doing is best for fantastic results! (as you have!!)

:DWhen I started this diet I was in a completely different mindframe to when I've started others, this time I'm doing it for me!!

I think that's why I'm so strict :whoopass:and do not deviate (apart from the coke) I don't see the point in making my journey any longer than it needs to be by slipping things in here and there. Apart from 4 days when I was in Florida, not a speck of food has passed my lips and it will stay that way until I have to do add a meal week. I want to be thin more than I want to cheat!! I've got my life to live so I don't want to be on this diet any longer than I have to be! :character00180:

When I started this diet I was in a completely different mindframe to when I've started others, this time I'm doing it for me!! I think that's why I'm so strict and do not deviate (apart from the coke) I don't see the point in making my journey any longer than it needs to be by slipping things in here and there. Apart from 4 days when I was in Florida, not a speck of food has passed my lips and it will stay that way until I have to do add a meal week. I want to be thin more than I want to cheat!!

That's exactly the best way to be. Stick with it .... it is called the "golden time" and once lost can be really hard to get back on track.

Well done!

Thanks I will!! This is the one diet that is going to work for me!

Me too Chris at the time!! :eek::sigh:.

Was not a happy bunny and definitely learnt that it wasn't a good idea for me:D

Lacey..x :)

It's not allowed or endorsed by Cambridge, and I'd advise you not to :eek:

But if you're absolutely dying for one then maybe have one can, I would DEFINITELY not have more than 1 can a day.

And you'll have to see if it knocks you out of ketosis, I'd say the risk isn't worth it but it's up to you.

x

I agree to the point where I'm going to give it up. As I've said before, I wouldn't dream of having more than 1 can a day, but I'm just going to cut it out completely (just finish this can first, he he). I've got my water flavourings and it's not for much longer. I can't stand the thought of not being in ketosis.

Lol I'm very sharing, sometimes I probably share too much but hey, that's just me.:D I don't know where all this determination has come from mind you, I'm not usually like this. I think that seeing the results so quickly has kept me motivated.:party0011: And I couldn't do it without the people on this lovely website. xx

PS Sorry, I've totally hijacked this thread:ashamed0005:

Hey fellow teamie, seen as you've just knocked us out of the water with a 9lb loss in one week, although I'm not a betting woman, I'd bet on you being one of the lucky ones that isn't affected.....but....(there's always a but) carbonated drinks are not the best for our bodies whether SSing or not, they use CocaCola to clean blood of the roads after accidents for one thing, so imagine what it does to our innards in large quantities, if I was you I'd slowly cut back to eventually hardly remembering the last time you had one :eek:

:giggle: oops forgot to mention that I myself drink decaff diet coke (in case of emergency of course)

Last edited:
they use CocaCola to clean blood of the roads after accidents for one thing

Eww! I'd say that I'll give up Diet Coke but I KNOW that won't happen, so maybe I'll just cut down... :p

Not to mention the whole aspartame controversy, and if it's not aspartame then it's 8 teaspoons (?) of sugar :eek:

I always wondered why lots of Americans are overweight, since their chocolate is terrible, then I realised it's the coke and burgers :p

x

Back