Cold medicines on SS...

Elvira

Mistress of the Dark
Hi everyone!

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know if there are any cough/cold medicines that knock you out of ketosis? I am taking Beechams All in One in liquid form. I tried to stay away from any of the honey/lemon/glycerine liquids as most of them contain liquid sugar.

Any advice?

Gem xxx

I was told paracetamol as some had citric acid in them, I think you can have the sudafed ones? but I had to get the pharmacist to check. Hope you feel better soon. x

thanks guys! x

do you think i will have done any damage taking the liquid? i have had 4 doses in total, two last night and two this morning. if i stop now and move onto nurofen and keep drinking water, am i likely to stay in ketosis? x

Last edited:
thanks fizzy!

it's terrible when you feel you have to sacrifice getting over an illness for the sake of being thin lol! x

Hope you feel better soon - have you got some ketostix? It would be good to know if you have stayed in keytosis - you could be our experiment LOL!!! I would forget what you have taken and go onto the tablets + loads of water.

hi wilma,

i have just tested for ketosis (i figured last night's doses would have done their worst by now if they were going to!) and i am still in ketosis.

i will test again tomorrow to be on the safe side and let you know :) x

I always use Sudafed 12 hour relief. It's a tablet decongestant, so you can have your usual painkillers too. I also use sugar free Strepsils or Tunes which are also sugar free. However it has to be said that although these things have never upset my weight loss, I've not been aiming for ketosis for years, so couldn't tell you if they'd knock someone out of ketosis, although to be honest, I doubt they would.

Back