1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar or white-wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 tablespoon splenda
40g creamy peanut butter (e.g skippy)
1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
60ml chicken stock
200 - 250g noodles (I used pad thai ones)
chopped spring onion and cucumber strips for garnish

Preparation
1. Cook the noodles as per packet instructions until 'al dente'. Drain in a colander, then rinse under cold water.
Drain well, transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
2. In a saucepan combine the soy sauce, vinegar, chilli flakes, splenda, peanut butter, sesame oil, ginger, and the chicken stock. Simmer the mixture, stirring, until it is thickened and smooth, and then
take off the heat and let it cool slightly.
3. Pour the sauce over the noodles and mix carefully (I used two spoons) making sure all the noodles are coated.
4. Serve the noodles at room temperature and garnish them with the spring onion and cucumber.

The sauce you make is basically a peanut satay sauce so you could use this for peanut chicken satay - I intend to test this out in the near future :)
Original recipe found at: Cold Sesame Noodles Recipe at Epicurious.com

Cold Sesame Noodles.jpg

Hi. I am new to sw and I can't seem to work out why on a red day there are 8 syns. It sounds gorgeous so just wondered what the syns are in the recipe.
Thanks

Was that about the hot and sour soup syns?
It's 'cause it's 7syns for the cornflour and 1 syn for the sesame oil - 8 syns for the whole lot and yields about four bowls :)

(It was 12 syns for the lot on green as there was 4syns worth of chicken in there).

HTH x

Sorry. The above message was supposed to be about the hot and sour soup above so please ignore my previous message :0o

Gotcha, no worries :D

Back