Cold weather and wanting to EAT more!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Cavycrazy, 7 February 2007 Social URL.

1. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Is it just me...but I am so hungry!! I am blaming the cold weather, its so giving me the munchies.!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Perhaps its more that I am 'bored' with what I am eating and seem to be eating the same things more or less each day/week (apart from the odd cream cake :) ).

Time for a rethink!! and to rehash my food !! :rolleyes:

Deb x

P.S Good thing I am off shopping tonight.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dobo

Dobo Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7.23%)
    Diet:
    CD (ex-WW)
    I know what you mean and I am only 4 week in to the WW diet. Don't blow it now, you have done brilliantly !

4. Fionauk

Fionauk Full Member

Diet:
    Following Paul Mckennas book - I can make you thin
    Hiya

Yeah, try having a change from you usual every day plan. I often find that if im having the same thing every day i get bored of it and tend to want to eat more (when really im probably just wanting a change)

I think your right about the cold weather though. I tend to want to snack more too when the weathers like this :(

5. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    A couple of us in the office have noticed we're hungrier! Maybe because it's so cold, our body is having to work harder in order to keep us warm, and so therefore is using more energy? I'm no scientist but I think that explanation makes sense.

Try posting in the "What Have You Eaten Today?" thread - the fact that I'm posting in that makes me rethink everything I eat, so I'm not eating the same thing every single day. It's similar, but not exactly the same.

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I definitely find I want to eat more this weather I think its back to using it as a comfort.

I think we all get into the habit of having the same (or similar) menu. Ive tried even alternating my shopping, one time Tesco, another Asda, which sounds mad but since I buy a lot of ready made meals it does offer a bit of variety lol

7. Happe

Happe escaping the fat

Start Weight:
    23st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10.5lb(16.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Definately hungrier in the cold weather, want all the warming stews and puddings. Pure comfort food.

8. Artyjoe

Artyjoe Regular Member

Start Weight:
    15st0.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Diet:
    CD
    I've been much hungrier than usual today, watching the snow fall outside my window and only just getting warm really.

Am on 19 points and haven't had my evening meal yet so looks like today is going to be another one to forget...hoping for a better start tomorrow.

Didn't help that Hubbie bought some chocolate for me (without my asking) saying 'well you'd have asked me to get some tonight and I didn't want to go out in the cold' if it wasn't for that i would have been within my points grrrrr.

joe

9. Sapphire

Sapphire Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.41%)
    Diet:
    Barry Groves/Eat Fat Get Thin
    Me too...need stodge to keep my central heating going..i'm only allowed 18 points a day and its hard to save enough for the evening munchies! Oh well hopefully it'll be warmer soon and we'll be busy doing more absorbing/active things instead!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.