Combining snacks

scarymary

Is it possible to combine your snacks?

Like have a shake for breakfast, 300kcals at lunch, a shake mid afternoon and then 500kcal dinner? or is it the ideal of 6 smaller meals??

You can up to you really depending on how hungry you get. Generally spacing it out over 6, breaks it up better and means you'll be less tempted inbetween. But I think as for the wight loss it doesn't really matter how you split it up.

You could do this...although from everything I have read eating 6 times a day helps you to burn off more calories, as just the process of digesting food burns calories......also helps to keep hunger at bay so people are less likely to snack on unhealthy as there is not as much time to wait between eating........

But all that said, a work colleague of mine is super slim, size 8 and never, ever snacks...only eats 3 meals a day and therefore it must work???

Mel x

I think snacking is good for keeping hunger away, but I find that I tend to eat one of my snacks with my lunchtime drink just so I feel like I've eaten something!

Today I had:

Shake for breakfast
Smoothie for lunch with laughing cow dipper and nectarine
Apple as snack
SF chocolate caramel bar as snack
Quorn stir fry with noodles for dinner
Melon for pudding

I intended to have either the apple or nectarine as a mid-morning snack but didn't have time to eat before lunch!

Back