Combining snacks

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by scarymary, 10 June 2009 Social URL.

1. scarymary

scarymary Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Is it possible to combine your snacks?

Like have a shake for breakfast, 300kcals at lunch, a shake mid afternoon and then 500kcal dinner? or is it the ideal of 6 smaller meals??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Stirky7

Stirky7 Believe!

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimfast/JUDDD
    You can up to you really depending on how hungry you get. Generally spacing it out over 6, breaks it up better and means you'll be less tempted inbetween. But I think as for the wight loss it doesn't really matter how you split it up.

4. scarymary

scarymary Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Great thanks. Im thinking I can have a light lunch for 300kcals. Must work out some low cal lunch options

5. redmel

redmel Dreamer

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You could do this...although from everything I have read eating 6 times a day helps you to burn off more calories, as just the process of digesting food burns calories......also helps to keep hunger at bay so people are less likely to snack on unhealthy as there is not as much time to wait between eating........

But all that said, a work colleague of mine is super slim, size 8 and never, ever snacks...only eats 3 meals a day and therefore it must work???

Mel x

6. Tink78

Tink78 Member

Start Weight:
    9st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.51%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    I think snacking is good for keeping hunger away, but I find that I tend to eat one of my snacks with my lunchtime drink just so I feel like I've eaten something!

Today I had:

Shake for breakfast
    Smoothie for lunch with laughing cow dipper and nectarine
    Apple as snack
    SF chocolate caramel bar as snack
    Quorn stir fry with noodles for dinner
    Melon for pudding

I intended to have either the apple or nectarine as a mid-morning snack but didn't have time to eat before lunch!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.