Come say Hi to the newbie! :)

Hey everyone, I hope you're all ok, like others I have been a 'lurker' for sometime so I thought I'd register and say Hey!
I have a few questions and reasons why I'm doing this.
I've been wanting to do this for a month or so, and I've spent the time getting info etc.
I have to get my form signed today (the bit I'm most afraid about!) so I'm pretty scared about that!
If all goes well then I'll be starting the plan next week.
I has my spur on to do so after I smiled at a child and mother at work the other day and the child said 'eugh look at that big fat lady!' well, that's gotta be the last nail in the coffin right?
I went on a dream website this morning as I had a dream of a plane crash(!) and apparenty ot means I'm setting unrealistic goals for myself that I'll never achieve because I have no self asteem. What do you all think?
Also one more question, I am dreading being weighed (and in fact I'm going to ask my CDC if she can not tell me and just let me know of my loss each week) but i think my bmi will be over 45 but under 50. Will I be told i have to do 810 or 1000 and not sole source, and if this is the case, can I choose to skip the food and milk and just have my 3 packs a day?

Speak to you soon, thanks for your replies
Natztastic x

Hey Natz and firstly a huge :welcome: to minis.Its great on here for all your needs.

How rude that child was to say such a thing,kids can be so cruel sometimes,but maybe and dont take this the wrong way,it has given you the courage to go ahead and do something about your weight.
I am 19st 9lb and today marks my 1st successful week on cd(this is my 3rd time around),i shall post my loss later.

As for what you can have each day,thats totally up to you hun.You can just go straight on to ss or you can build up to it,for me i just do ss with maybe an odd bit of chicken thrown in when i feel like it.

You seem like your in the right place now to lose the weight and the support on here is second to none.

This is a big step you are taking and be very proud of yourself for doing so because this diet is not the easiest but once you get going the rewards are fantastic.
Post on here often and drink plenty of water and you`ll do great and just remember that you are making a life choice and that CD has not been forced upon you(in the harder times)

I wish you all the luck for your start and look forward to reading your posts.

Elaine

Thank you Elaine! What a lovely welcome. Stat wise I am very similiar to you, it seems a long road but we can do it. Good luck for your loss tonight! Xx

Hi

As long as your doctor sign's your form there is no reason why you can't do SS so good luck with that (I had to get it done and it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be). As for your CDC not telling you your weight not sure if they will do that it will just depend on your CDC but I wouldn't skip the thing's you are supposed to have on any given plan but like I said ss will not be a problem with your doctors signature.

Good luck and can't wait to see you losses :D

firstly yes WELCOME!! you have now become a cd forum addict!! (trust me it is addictive! lol)

well done on making the first step..

talk to you cdc about what plans you should be doing, and going by the dr in what they say also.

if you can hold back from knowing your weight, then do it... as i have now kinda become quite obsessed with the scales... so i need to stop!

you can do this, and there are loads of people out there who are and who have done this, and lost loads of weight doing it..
it works. you just have to believe and trust in it that it does, and dont beat yourself up too badly if something doesnt go according to plan! :)

Good luck!

oh and PS... that lady was really rude... and i wouild have gone up to her and slapped her.. (well i would have in my head anyway...)

Welcome :wavey:, I was very similar to you I have a lot of weight to lose and I was kind of in denial and eating everything in sight and saw food as my comfort zone. I thought I am overweight more food won't hurt me. I was in a supermarket and a child was saying to his mum about me "she ate all the pies" and I thought I have to do something. I won't look at my reflection or have photo's taken. I even did a photography course so I was always behind the lens. I then walked during my work following a colleague and was so out of breath trying to keep up I thought I was going to collapse. My friend started Cambridge and I was considering rejoining slimming world or weight watchers for the umpteenth time. I liked her results so researched it and went for it. Don't worry about the GP signing your form its just to confirm your health history not give permission. They may charge you though. My CDC didn't enforce any plan on me I said I wanted to SS and she was happy with that. Good luck on your weight loss journey.

I agree how rude!:whoopass: there a virtual smack just what she deserved. Good luck! I'm obsessed with scales and stand on them sometimes 3 times a bl**dy day, I so wish I didn't know what I weighed. Good on you if you don't want to know. :D

Thank you so much for all the warm welcomes! :)
I just went to the docs, reception said they would get my doc to sign it and ring me when it's done. Wasn't so scary after all :)

Hi hun. Welcome to the board.
Im sort of a newbie too. I joined a few years ago but didnt give cd the chance it deserves. My head wasnt in the right place.
I am now a few years down the line and a few stone heavier.
I really wanted to start today but my cdc said I couldnt coz my BMI is 40.8.
My doc charges to get the form signed and id wait ages for an appointment so im going to try and loose a few lbs myself to get me under it (think i need to loose about 5) and im going to see her on Friday.
So my diet starts today although its not cambridge.
Hope you get your form back soon.
xx

Hey lovely!

For starters I have to say that if that had been my son who said that I would have made him come over and apologise! my boy is 4 next month and we have sat down and had a chat about how every single person looks different and that it is not our place to comment on it and now if any one says anything about how someone looks he tells them that they are being mean and that they aren't allowed to do it!

Secondly, I am soooo short and was 19.9 stone and a bmi of 52 when I started, I am now still 5ft 1, 17.8 stone and have a bmi of 46 and I started on February 16th this year. My CDC enforced that I stayed on the 1000 plan, I tried for a week and it just didn't work for me, although she is lovely she is very strict about the plans she puts people on and I totally felt in the right mindset for SS. I put myself on SS and have been 100% for the last 30 days and feel great (not so much with the chest infection but hey ho!) and if I'm totally honest then my CDC doesn't know I'm SS-ing but this is working for me and I see her once a week for a WI, a glass of water, to buy my products and have a lovely chat! and thats just great :D!

So my advice, if you are strong willed, in the right frame of mind and are ready to meet weight loss head on with a 100% attitude then go for the SS plan (obviously assuming you have no medical problems, if you do then you really should stick to the plan that your CDC puts you on for your own health) sometimes when we take our own weight loss into our own hands we suprise ourselves! :)

Good luck for everything and please keep posting it really helps and we all want to support you in your journey xxx

Again, thankyou for kind replies :)
Kes - you look fab!
As for thr child thing, the problem is he was telling the truth! I should have apologised to the Mum for having such a rude child!
Emma, you're ticker shows you're doing fab! Can you feel a difference? I am defo a as person. It's all or nothing!

Funnily enough I'm watching a program called 'fat and proud' how can they be? I have felt insecure my whole adult life. It's definitely tine to change. :)

Btw Emma, in your avatar you look really pretty :) x

Natztastic said:
Btw Emma, in your avatar you look really pretty :) x

Awww thank you! My OH tells me that at least once a day but I choose to ignore her and think the worst! Lol x

Natztastic said:
Again, thankyou for kind replies :)
Kes - you look fab!
As for thr child thing, the problem is he was telling the truth! I should have apologised to the Mum for having such a rude child!
Emma, you're ticker shows you're doing fab! Can you feel a difference? I am defo a as person. It's all or nothing!

Funnily enough I'm watching a program called 'fat and proud' how can they be? I have felt insecure my whole adult life. It's definitely tine to change. :)

I definitely feel the difference I hardly have any back pain now where as before I'd walk half way up my street and have to stop or I'd need to take the buggy into town to lean on! I'm back in jeans that I've not worn for a year, back into high heels (I'm only short and always used to wear sky scraper heels but stopped when I got bigger, am back into wedges for now but my stilettos will be on soon!) I go out on my own more because my anxiety problem has reduced, I was bordering on agoraphobia only going to places that I knew with people that I knew, at my worse I managed to work it so that I stayed in for 18 days solid working it out that other people would take my little one places and pick him up from nursery, I missed so much.

I could go on, the list is endless but at weigh in yesterday my CDC made me carry the equivalent of what I had lost to the front door and it was heavy!!!! I don't know how i carried it on my spine all that time! In short I feel fantastic for it and can see it in parts if my body, my face is thinner, my rings go back on, my shoes are too big and my bum sticks out three inches less! And this I can really see because I carry so much junk in the trunk that it does look really different!!! basically doing Cambridge is the beat choice that I ever made and I hope that you'll feel the same way when you start officially, in the mean time cut out carbs start eating lighter low fat meals and withdraw a little from dairy if you want to go straight on SS, I dis this and from weds to tues whilst waiting for the form to be signed I lost 4lbs... A good start! Also it makes getting into ketosis a little easier! Good luck xxxxx

:D:D hi and welcome hun you will have amazing weight loss on CD ''simply the best'' looking forward to reading your posts

Hello and welcome! I totally love CD having tried every other diet in my adult life! I found that day 1-3 were the worst but now on day 28 at 100% I feel fab and am hoping for a good loss tonight to at least get 21lbs lost. I won't lie I have pangs of missing food when the family has dinners I love (that I have to cook!) but the results far outweigh this.

Looking forward to hearing all about your losses! xx

Hey lovely!

For starters I have to say that if that had been my son who said that I would have made him come over and apologise! my boy is 4 next month and we have sat down and had a chat about how every single person looks different and that it is not our place to comment on it and now if any one says anything about how someone looks he tells them that they are being mean and that they aren't allowed to do it!

I was just going to say the same thing!! Some people's manner's don't seem to exist anymore.

I'm starting Friday so we'll probably both be starting around the same time :D I think as long as your head's in the game you'll be fine! We can do it! :)

Everyone here is *so* lovely. I've never felt as comfortable on any forum so soon.

Emma1904 said:
Hey lovely!

coralprincess said:
I was just going to say the same thing!! Some people's manner's don't seem to exist anymore.

I sometimes wonder whether they ever did. We folks who struggle with our weight appreciate that other overweight people would be incredibly upset to hear that little child's comment. Those people who've never struggled often believe that those of us that do struggle are weak-willed or just plain greedy.

So like Emma, I too would've explained to my son that he needed to apologise - but then he probably wouldn't have made the comment in the first place because he knows his Mum hates being overweight. :rolleyes:

Anyway... I digress. :) Welcome to MiniMins and Cambridge hun. If you are allowed to do SS, the first few days are tough - but it gets much much easier, and you're going to love how quickly you can lose weight on this diet!

Hi everyone - I am also new to the forum after lurking a long time. I've played with CD before - never sticking to it for more than a week - but this time I mean business and thought I'd sign up and be accountable. My best friend gets married in July and my bridesmaid dress is now too small for me. Not just that I feel terrible when I look not only in the mirror but in my wardrobe full of lovely clothes that no longer fit! I am hoping to take a stone off by the end of April and I am determined to be 100% as of tomorrow onwards.

I am only just under 5 foot so any type of gain is very noticable on me :(

Back