comfort eating

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by mum of 2, 25 May 2010 Social URL.

1. mum of 2

mum of 2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi

Is there any syn free snacks that I can comfort eat with?

I get down from time to time and really feel the need to comfort eat. Usually if I get hungry I'll have some fruit, but right now I dont feel as though fruit will cut it. I want biscuits and cake, but obviously these are far too high in syns. I want something I can just pick up and eat.

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You could make yourself some SW friendly chips, have an Alpen Light either as HEXB or syns (can't remember how many though), or meringue with quark, sweenter & fruity or yoghurt & fruit, or ryvita crunch 2 = 1 hexb.

What type of foods do you like to eat, what would you consider comfort foods. Give us an idea & I'm sure somebody can come up with a SW friendly version.

4. mum of 2

mum of 2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    biscuits mainly. Im ok now, but before all I really wanted was to have 4 or 5 biscuits with a hot chocolate. Im sure I'll feel like this again so would appreciate any ideas of subsitutes for biscuits.

Thanks

5. QuicheQueen

QuicheQueen Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Im a lover of alpen lights (2 x hexB or 3 syns each) also the s.w hifi bars are gorgeous easpecially the ruby anniversary ones!! they are just like flapjacks!! :) (1 hexB or 6 syns ).

also porridge (28g hexB or 5.5 syns) with some of your Hex A choice with 1 tsp bournville cocoa (1 syn) and sweetner is devine and a real comfort food... tastes just like chocolate pudding :)

comfort food is my passion lol I also love s.w rice pudding..... there are loads of recipes and varietys on here ... :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.