Comfort/emotional eating replacement ideas ...

Dobbie

I will get to goal .....
Hi Guys,

With winter fast approaching and christmas looming it is the season for feeling down and stressed out. I am a notoriously bad comfort/emotional eater and was thinking of ways to break the habit this year and hopefully replace food with something else.

I seem to be fine during the day while I am at work - there are no temptations, but I am at my most vulnerable when I get home from work. I seem to eat because I've had a bad day, argument with BF, because I am home alone, boredom etc So I have decided that everyday when I get home, instead of sticking my head in the fridge/cupboards/tuck box and stuffing myself with cr*p, I will go straight home and run myself a nice hot bath. It will warm me up, chill me out and pass my danger time nicely.

What will you do to replace yours?

I love dancing and I teach Ceroc Jive to beginners. When I get home in the evening after collecting Jessica from the Child Minder, we out on music and have a dance around the lounge like loonies!!!

Also catching up on my laundry and cleaning - need to keep the house extra specially clean now its on the market for viewing.

ooohh I love dancing around - that's such a good idea and it's a feel good thing too isn't it!! Might even stretch to my all time favourite immaculate collection by madonna and allow myself a make-shift microphone (aka hairbrush)!! Not that I'm a proper little 80's baby or anything!!

Love it, thanks Mrs v!!

Lol!!!

Glad I can be of some help!!

I love dancing to anything, but at the moment Jessica loves - Gwen Stefani (Sweet Escape) - or as known in our house the Wee woo song, Amy Winehouse (Rehab) -aka No no no song, Scissor Sister (I dont feel like dancing) - aka do do do song, Mika (Big Girls you are beautiful) - aka - Biff irl you are beufiful and that Suicidal Song - aka Cecill song- cant remember who sings it......well I know there is no accounting for taste, but she is 2 after all!!!

Well, as my number one idea has already gone (hot bath. Mmm, bubble bath and scented candles...) I'm a bit stumped.

There's always sex, I s'pose... :D

Mrs V I am in stitches!! Your little one sounds like a sweetheart!! And there's nowt wrong with her choice of music either .... she has great taste ;)

I am the same when getting in from work.

Lately I have been getting straight on with housework - doing the dishes that have built up during the day, and hoovering etc. I find that first half hour is the worst.

I have been known to go to bed for half an hour or so. But generally, I get changed, take off my make-up (saves me doing that just before bed) and collect any stray laundry (going back to the housework thing) and keep myself pottering about until I can have a shake/soup without wanting to eat the contents of the fridge whilst making it.

Distraction is the only thing that works for me. Plus I get my chores done without too much pain!

I have just started to do a scrapbook for my little boy of all his "first" moments over the last 4 years.
We seem to have about 3500 piccies just stuck on a disk on the computer so though i would get something done with them.

Its quite emotional though lol... I just end up blubbing :cry:

excellent idea for a thread - this is just what i need! looking for lots of distracting ideas please

xxx

Chores, Reading, Surfing (The net) posting, texting, reading, chores, playing games, bath, nails, straightening hair, ironing, washing cleaning, playing with guinea pigs, playing with daughter, playing with hubby ;-), Not in any particular order, but the best one for me is reading success stories, always keeps me going!

I have just started to do a scrapbook for my little boy of all his "first" moments over the last 4 years.
We seem to have about 3500 piccies just stuck on a disk on the computer so though i would get something done with them.

Its quite emotional though lol... I just end up blubbing :cry:

What a fab idea, i just invested in a new camera and thought about how im going to save my photos, I will do that, my daughter will love that when she is older! Thank you!! Will update you on the blubbing side lol.

Poundland do some fantastic kits for £1.00 lol.
And loads of other bits of ribbons papers and lettering.

I let my little boy do his own when we have been out anywhere for the day.

Mind you I got my scrapbooking from a company called creative memories, was a bit pricey but hopefully it will be a mini sort of heirloom

i cook, bake anad read recipies i also revise as im in school, use up my free time minutes and WATCH TV :D I love my life

Back