Coming back, it's hard!!!

THats great news Lesly!!! I am really pleased you are managing today!! Not long now, and that's once successful day und your belt - will just get easier from there!

CLive is nice. I like talking to him. It was hectic today - incentives and boards, and what not kept me busy and on my feet most of the day! I got a horrible cramp in my foot!!! errrrrr.

Just got in, hubby working nights tonight so a nice chilled evening = just me and that cats. :)

Keep it up girl!!

XXX

Hiya, me and my cats as well at the moment, how many have you got? I've got 3, I've even set them up on their own page on Facebook, under me, they're on Catbook! Bit sad really!

Now here's a demon for you, my friend just rang, having a chat with her, her and her pal are off to Brighton tonight, she was going to ring her dad and ask him to drop them off about 10pm, but I've offered to do it. Don't mind in the least dropping them off, but then the voices started, "stop at the chines on the waaay baaaaaack" - nooooo!

I suppose I'll have to go out with no purse, but I've got a bit of a phobia about doing that incase I break down or something daft!!! Sounds ridiculous now I've just typed that!

Right, off for another wee and another cup of tea and another water!! God, I feel quite virtuous at the moment, hope it lasts!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Aw bless, the lady next door and her daughter just came round with a bottle of wine to say thank you for helping them out earlier! Don't really know them, they've only been there since October, so don't know their names or anything!

Wasn't expecting that at all!

Ah well, in the cupboard it goes until the alkyhol is allowed again!!!;)

<Tannoy announcement>

STEP AWAY FROM THE CHINESE. I repeat, STEP AWAY FROM THE CHINESE!!!!! :D

You really are the rescuer today!!! That's nice of you!!! ANd that was nice of your neighbours and well done for popping wine in the cupboard!!!

We have three cats at the moment. Vincent, Monet and Bubble. We had 8!!! But sadly, we have lost 5 over the last 2 years to old age, etc. Just as well - I am pretty sure people were starting to look at me like the eccentric cat lady. LOL

I brought my 2 over, and hubby had 6 rescues. It was quite a menagerie!!!

I like the Catbook idea!! :D

So glad you are feeling better today!!! <hugs> Well done - you are doing really well.

XX

Don't let that Chinese tempt you - remember - this is just one day - go for it, you will be so glad you did and will have more strength for tomorrow!!!:)

Dear Greenockgal

First, I want to say how very sorry I was to hear your news. Losing a loved one suddenly is very painful and if you are the main person doing all the organising (it's amazing just HOW much there is to do), it's utterly draining but somehow the adrenaline keeps you going (well, it did for me). And then it all catches up with you. I think you are incredible to still be dealing with all the aftermath of your mum's death and your stepdad's situation in hospital.

Are YOU getting the support YOU need? You sound so kind and thoughtful - and clearly other people think so too! I really have noticed that for so many of us, everyone else comes first. That's what my LLC says! It's really fantastic that you've got a strong virtual support system thanks to minis but you'll also need practical support closer to home. Grief has a habit of catching you at really strange moments - just when you doing or thinking of something completely different. And you are probably still in shock but the admin side of things has kept you busy.

I really, really wish you well and ironically, this probably is the best thing you could do to honour your mum's memory and celebrate your big birthday coming up. I am sure she'll be there, in spirit, toasting your good health in Egypt.

Good luck Greenockgal (Lesley!) and I'll be rooting for you all the way.

With love

Mrs Lxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Mrs L,

Thank you for your kind words, I've got a lot of friends round me who keep offering their support, but I tend to be the sort who withdraws if you know what I mean, getting it all down here has really helped.

On a lighter note, didn't go anywhere near the chinese, so went to bed feeling really pleased with myself that I had got through the day, there was a few moments, but I just battled through them and kept going, I know it'll be worth it in the end!:D

Well done Greenockgal. All these small victories keep adding up.

Got anything nice planned for the weekend? It's a lovely morning here. I am 'on call' over the weekend, but only have one visit to do (I'm a community midwife), so unless anyone needs me, I am hoping for a nice walk round the park again.

Hope the sun's out where you are.

Lovely sunny day here too, went to the post office this morning and posted 17 parcels off to people who will get better use of my clothes that don't fit me any more! Was in there ages!

The ladies in the post office are lovely, they knew about my mum, so they were asking how I was doing. They know about my earlier weight loss too, so I was telling them about getting back on the wagon.

Bit torturous after though, i went into the shop next door for the papers, and they had hot sausage rolls on the go, the smell was delicious! I had to get out there quick and come home for a veggy soup!

Have drunk loads of water, so feeling a bit sloshy, but I'm sure it'll pass!!!

Greenockgal,
Glad you're doing well, I hate the weekends when I'm on LL, they rightly or wrongly normally revolve around eating and drinking so I'm feeling sorry for myself :sigh: Sorry just felt like a little moan!!

Hi Julie, I know what you mean, weekends are normally the same for me. Just had a major pang and I'm afraid to say a lapse, not a major blow out but a lapse all the same, but not going to beat myself up about it though, just sort my head out and get back on it tomorrow.

Bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And it was all because my step dad rang me from hospital, he sounds bloody awful, so now I'm in a turmoil of whether I should get in the car and get up there to Blackpool or wait till he comes out?

Knowing my luck at the moment, I'd probably get bl**dy snowed in somewhere!!!

Aww Les. Sorry to hear more trouble afoot. :(

Hang in their, and don't beat yourself up. I think, when your head is in a better place you will get more grounded and you will rock it. You just have such major things to deal with. Regardless of what Val says adbout another pile of **** around the corner - this is big what you are going throigh. We are not talking about a broken down car, a boiler that bursts and bills pilling up, etc. Sure those things are ALWAYS around the corner - but not what you are dealing with. That supercedes lifes normal ups and downs. Just remember that you know you can do it, and you will get well and truly stuck in when your head is in it. Give it your best, as your best is better then nothing, which would be easy to do....so pat yourself on the back for the success you are having. It would bbe so easy to bury your head in the sand, and you are not - so well done you!!

I really hope your SD is OK.

Hank in there. We're all pulling foryou. :)

Thanks BL, at least one thing I have recognised is that I didn't go straight to gorging mode, which I would have certainly done in the past. Just sent OH off to do some shopping, so will take it one day at a time and see how we go from there xx

Morning!! I love SHrek 3!!! I love al of them but think parts 1 and 3 were the best!! Can't wait for 4 and 5!

Hope you have a good day!! I am here at the pleasure palace, already getting bossed around by obnoxious customers!!! lol - they didn't wait long!

Have a good day !!

XX

I watched Shrek 3 with my niece on Sat night. Enjoyed but not as much as 1 or 2. Can't believe they're making 4 and 5!!!!!!!!!!! Hope everyones doing okay, I am foodwise but have had a horrible morning so far, don't want to say from what but I am mortified and feeling very sorry for myself!!!!!!!! Wouldn't care, started the day more happy and positive than ages and now feel worse than ages, an even keel would be nice.:eek:

Hi Saf,

Hope your day got better, mine was positively horrid, but going to see my LLC tonight, so hopefully get back on the wagon and she can give me a few tips. I need all the help I can get!

Hey Greenockgal

Hope it all goes well with your counsellor. I've had a bad few days on it. Feel annoyed and ashamed of myself, but tomorrow is another day, and I'm not going to dwell on the negative. I'm 2 stone away from my goal. If I get my head down and stick with it, I'll be there by the begining of April.

See you on here tomorrow?

Back