Coming from a vlcd....

sarahlou72

Hi there :) I'm currently on a vlcd but am due to finish in 3 weeks time due to 2 big occasions coming up. I would still like to lose another stone after and then of course maintain my goal weight and am thinking about joining ww...
Just wondered if anyone else had also switched from a vlcd and can let me know how it was weight wise and management wise :)

not myself personally but i have read posts on here about people coming over from a vlcd so someone should help...

i know the first week when people switch they usualy put on a few pounds as your going from basically nothing to 3 meals a day etc but you lose it the week after :)

CLH_X3 said:
not myself personally but i have read posts on here about people coming over from a vlcd so someone should help...

i know the first week when people switch they usualy put on a few pounds as your going from basically nothing to 3 meals a day etc but you lose it the week after :)

I was guessing that I would prob put on a bit but it's good to know it soon comes off...
Like you say, hopefully someone whose made the switch can maybe give me a few tips - its the carbs I'm scared of! Thanks for your reply :)

I did this, I stopped Cambridge on Monday 19th (mon last week) and in my 1st week I put on 8lb!!! I was absolutely mortified, but I stuck at it n since Sunday I've lost 5lbs so am feeling good about it now, I am only 3lbs from original weight n I'm not struggling on diet & am having great fun at new dance classes n other fitness activities I've been doing with friends x

Yes I've eased off of white bread (having ryvitas instead -dark rye 1 pt each) pasta,
I even leave the rice in the ready made weight watchers meals.

wannabefitatthirty said:
I did this, I stopped Cambridge on Monday 19th (mon last week) and in my 1st week I put on 8lb!!! I was absolutely mortified, but I stuck at it n since Sunday I've lost 5lbs so am feeling good about it now, I am only 3lbs from original weight n I'm not struggling on diet & am having great fun at new dance classes n other fitness activities I've been doing with friends x

Wow! 8lb... Scary stuff!! So pleased you have had a good loss since... Did you introduce foods slowly or just draw a line under Cambridge and start eating normally again immediately? I'm so looking forward to normal food! And nice to hear you're enjoying exercise too - I have done none, since I gave up food... Do you have a diary? Would love to follow your progress :)

wannabefitatthirty said:
Yes I've eased off of white bread (having ryvitas instead -dark rye 1 pt each) pasta,
I even leave the rice in the ready made weight watchers meals.

I think I'll do the same... I've actually no interest in eating pasta, bread or rice at the moment (am sure that'll change!) but I could murder a ryvita!!

wannabefitatthirty said:
I've not got a diary but have my fitness pal I'm cassie25 I've lost 10lbs since Sunday now :)

Wow that's amazing! Well done :) that gives me lots of hope :) I'm not sure what I am on mfp but I'm on there! Will friend request you when I'm on there... Keep up the good work! Must be so nice to be eating normally again :)

GlassRose.x said:
I came off a VLCD two weeks ago and went onto Weight Watchers. I never gained weight & I've lost 8lbs since I started WW :)

Great news to hear, you must be well chuffed :) well done on such a good loss in 2 weeks too! Am definitely going to start ww in a couple of weeks, thanks :)

Hi hun you should try tp do a refeed but propoint your progress to get you in the way of it & reduce the weight gain (hopefully none). There are some great ww apps you can get if you have a smart fon. Im hoping to restart ww at the end of April so maybe see you on here. Good luck chic xx

no1mom23 said:
Hi hun you should try tp do a refeed but propoint your progress to get you in the way of it & reduce the weight gain (hopefully none). There are some great ww apps you can get if you have a smart fon. Im hoping to restart ww at the end of April so maybe see you on here. Good luck chic xx

Thanks :) that's a great idea... I have no idea how to refeed yet!! Will have to try and get some ideas as my plan is to finish on a Friday but I'm going to a huge birthday bash on the Saturday so want to be able to drink... Eek! Perhaps I should finish sooner... Will def see you on the ww side hun, I need some form of control and also lose another stone hopefully ;) be nice to see a familiar face xx

S&s are supposed to ve doing a re-feed i formation sheet & i think exante have one. When i change to ww im going to aim for filling & healthy first that are low carb & jus take every day as it comes. Good luck for friday xx

I was doing VLCD, came off for three weeks put 17lb on.....terrible really. But new start on ww my first day and doing fine so far! my weigh in days will be Friday, so first weigh in will be five days really, quite looking toward to being able to eat also start training for a 5k run tomorrow eek lol

Lucy_Jucie said:
I was doing VLCD, came off for three weeks put 17lb on.....terrible really. But new start on ww my first day and doing fine so far! my weigh in days will be Friday, so first weigh in will be five days really, quite looking toward to being able to eat also start training for a 5k run tomorrow eek lol

It must be so hard seeing the lbs go on - am dreading it! Did you refeed hun or just eat what you fancied? Good luck on ww, will be joining you in a couple of weeks def (if not sooner ;) )
Well done for the training too - I did a 5k run a couple of years ago with no training lol it nearly killed me!!

Back