Coming of plan temporarily...advice needed

CrazyDiamond

Gold Member
Hi all.

So 3 weeks until I head off on holiday, I will be coming off plan for about 2 and a half weeks whilst I'm away.

I'm keen to find out what (adverse) affects this can have and if I need to start introducing food a bit earlier on? I really don't want to, but if It meant I could end up with a dodgy tummy or something on an 8 hour flight ill do whatever is best.

My current plan is to stay on ss until the morning I fly, then be sensible with how much I eat from then on in until holiday is over. Not gonna binge or stuff myself stupid or anything silly.

A know a lot of people came off plan for Christmas. Did you have any issues?

Excited about holiday, but a little scared of eating - silly really! Nothing but cambridge products has past my lips this year yet though!

Thanks!

When I used to go off plan, I used to be fine if I stuck with the low carb options. The only problem if eating carbs was bloating, I felt bloated, could see my stomach grow and generally put on around 8lbs. I find on holiday it is easy to be healthy as there are lots of meat and salad options.

Whatever happens, enjoy your holiday.

When I used to go off plan, I used to be fine if I stuck with the low carb options. The only problem if eating carbs was bloating, I felt bloated, could see my stomach grow and generally put on around 8lbs. I find on holiday it is easy to be healthy as there are lots of meat and salad options.

Whatever happens, enjoy your holiday.

Thanks chlo, I find I bloat with carbs usually anyhow, so good advice. Think I will take my pro-biotics which will help things hopefully.

Last time I went I was weighing my lowest ever (well apart from now I've beat that) and managed to maintain, will ensure I use the gym, the stairs and swim every day too.

Nah, I don't think so. If you start eating salad type things to begin with, along the lines of 810, you'll be fine. If you do decide to introduce carbs at some point during the two and a half weeks, just go steady. Have a slice of bread rather than 3, a potato instead of half a dozen, that sort of thing.

Put it this way, the only times I've made myself ill falling off the wagon is by stuffing myself stupid (never advisable :rolleyes:) or by drinking alcohol (which as you know, you'll be overly sensitive to while doing low carb - even a glass of wine makes me feel very tipsy).

Nah, I don't think so. If you start eating salad type things to begin with, along the lines of 810, you'll be fine. If you do decide to introduce carbs at some point during the two and a half weeks, just go steady. Have a slice of bread rather than 3, a potato instead of half a dozen, that sort of thing.

Put it this way, the only times I've made myself ill falling off the wagon is by stuffing myself stupid (never advisable :rolleyes:) or by drinking alcohol (which as you know, you'll be overly sensitive to while doing low carb - even a glass of wine makes me feel very tipsy).

Thanks lily, well, I don't drink - it's always mocktails for me so that'll be fine. I'm not sure about what I'll be eating but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to fit much in anyhow - I feel full after a mousse lol, also been doing the Paul mckenna gastric band as well - I've obviously not had a chance to see if its working so it'll be interesting to see.

I'm going on a cruise so it good heaven (or he'll depending which way you look at it!), I used to go for all courses (bread, soup, starter, main, dessert, coffee, chocs) but I know for a fact I won't e able to manage it, I won't be touching the soup (I'm not really a fan anyway) then will try to just have a bit of the next 3 so I don't feel I'm missing out on anything. I guess it's trial and error. Ill be packing the immodium and indigestion tablets so I'm covered for all eventualities!

Just a little thing that helps me when I'm off plan and trying to control my portions. I separate out what I should eat away from the rest of the portion the pour salt or pepper on to the left over portion. That way I can't be tempted to mindlessly pick on it. It cuts the size of restaurant portions to more manageable and realistic sizes too.

Back