Coming off Citalopram -feeling de-motivated

TRICKYTREE

Hi lovely people
Have been off citalopram (for anxiety) for a month now, as I felt that losing weight had given me more confidence. It certainly has but I just feel as if I want the rest of the 17/18lbs I want to lose to be shed by tomorrow and I am feeling a bit disillusioned. I am also feeling a lot more hungry than normal, normally do green days. Can my body get used to the same food?? Maybe I need to try EE or red day. It is my 20th wedding ann on Wed and we are going to Edinburgh for a few days next weekend. I am really excited but just feel a little low BUT I am determined to not go back on the tablets and I will not give up SW. Am losing on average 1 or 1.5lb each week, which I am happy with just takes time.....Am I being daft.......Please feel free to shout at me if you think so.....:confused:

Julie xx

yes honey, too much too soon. xxx your weight loss average is normal and actually, my weight loss worked out exactly the amount of lbs to the same amount of weeks it took me to target. So 1lb a week. Its so dooable, and once your there its so worth it. You can do it.. and you can stay off the tablets too.. just dont let it all bog you down with negativity.

xxx

Well done on getting off citalopram!!!! A great achievement!! X

Any exercise will also boost your mood and weightloss. Even if it is just putting on 4Music and jigging about in front of the telly for a bit, it will give you an instant hit of endorphins and speed up your metabolism.

well done on coming of your meds :) don't beat yuorself up, your losing the weight, it's better to see the scales go down then up!
p.s. Another fan of Simply Red here :)

Yes I am a fan of Simply Red......Stars being my favourite....aswell as Holding Back the Years...etc etc......thanks for your help
x

Back