Coming off TS

Thank you very much :) That made a lot of sense to me x

*drum roll*

Weighed in 2 days early this week as we are away for the weekend again and the scales say.......

2.5 lbs off! :D

That'll do nicely thanks!

Hi Yambabe

I am really interested in your new regime. It scares the hell out of me when I think about trying to get back into some kind of eating habit once I reach goal. Part of me keeps saying maybe I should stay on Exante and lower my target, but I think that is the chicken in me. At some stage soon I am going to have to do what you are doing. So good luck - it seems to be working really well and I will be watching and reading with interest!

Yummy
xx

Well I've been mostly good over my weekend away!

Weighing in on Friday and having a loss boosted me so I was fine, only got to 705 cals with the idea being I had some left over for a glass of wine when we got to the pub and put the tent up.

Dietimeal porridge 120 cals
Crayfish tails 85 cals
half dietimeal bar 90 cals
Exante shake 200 cals
Turkey "bacon" and mushroom omelette with salad leaves 210 cals

So that was fine, had a glass of rose when we arrived, went back onto diet coke and then erm :eek: somehow managed to sneak in 3 large baileys before bed, oops! Ah well, they were very nice........

Haven't been able to cal count over the weekend cos we've been eating out so couldn't weigh, but stayed reasonably good.

Sat I had an exante bar (200), then some chicken and leaves for lunch (200 approx) and in the restaurant I had seabass with salad which was lovely, and also quite sensible! (Also nicked a forkful of the OH's steak though, naughty Yam!) I had one large bacardi too but couldn't drink it, so no demon alcohol last night. Oh, I did have a pudding though, a rather nice creme brulee - well at least it wasn't cake! :D

Today I had a shake for breakfast (200) then a packet of hula-hoops :eek: while I was waiting for the OH to get out of bed so we could pack up the car and I was bored :mad:, just had a pot of crayfish tails now. We're off up to the carvery again later on so I'll try and be sensible again, just meat and veg should be OK.

Will see what the scales say tomorrow, if it's bad I have another week to make up for it til next weigh-in I spose!

We got a takeaway last night in the end, went for Indian so I had a huuge portion of tandoori chicken with salad and raita, and a small chunk of naan bread.

A sneaky peek on the scales this morning showed I have stayed the same since Friday but I'm not too concerned cos I haven't poo'd yet today! :eek:

Today I've managed to get spot-on my 800 cals again:

Exante shake 200 cals
Crayfish tails with green salad & a teaspoon light mayo 155 cals
mini milkybar 70 cals :eek:
Dietimeal shepherds pie with extra chunky veg (cauli, broccoli, carrot) 265 cals
1/2 muller light with strawberries, raspberries and 1/3 pack dietimeal muesli 110 cals

I've also been for another run today and am feeling pretty good. I'm not sure I'm in ketosis (been a fairly high carb day) but I haven't been hungry cos I've eaten little and often and had nearly 3 litres of water and a can of coke zero. Burp! ;)

I'm wondering if it's possible to get addicted to crayfish tails? They are way nicer than prawns and only have about 65 cals per 100g (and no carbs!). Reading back I seem to have had them an awful lot recently.......

Ooops, just realised I missed off yesterday! :eek:

I got to 795 cals:

1/2 muller light, 1/3 dietimeal muesli, strawberries and raspberries 120 cals
crayfish tails (again!) and mixed salad 190 cals
dietimeal bar 185 cals
yellow fin sole & kale seaweed 180 cals
2/3 dietimeal bar 120 cals

As I think I mentioned elsewhere I was a bit concerned, my daily morning check weigh showed that I had gained 3/4lb and I was hungry most of the day and felt a bit down. :( After thinking about it I reckon that having both the fruit (although it wasn't a lot, only 100g or less in total) and the muller light yoghurt (which is low in fat and cals but fairly high in carbs) at the same time put my carb count up too high. I've only a little fruit left now which I'll probably have with plain yogurt tomorrow, and then I'll try the muller lights again in a few days after the fruit is all gone!

Anyway, on to today. Decided to go back to mostly packs today and get a bit inventive! Gone a bit over my cal limit, approx 820 I think cos I've had:

Exante shake 200 cals
Exante bar 200 cals
1/3 dietimeal bar 60 cals
Exante thai chicken soup with added chicken and sweetcorn 360 cals

The soup was really good, I grilled and chopped a small skinless chicken breast, thawed out some corn (50g, about a heaped tablespoon), made my soup then stirred the extras in. It made the soup into a really substantial dish and might be a useful idea for those of you doing AAM. :)

I've some tentative plans in mind to do some other stuff with the soups too, I'm thinking sliced grilled mushrooms and maybe some chicken or prawns in the mushroom, or making it thick as a sauce for fish, or adding some chunky steamed veg and chicken or maybe quorn or tofu to the veg or tomato soups. Watch this space!

Last edited:
Been another OK day today, slightly under my count at 775 cals but I did nick a handful of the OH's crisps when I got in from work :eek: so in reality I'm probably a bit over! (Seabrooks hot & spicy wasabi flavour, I'm not going to let him bring those in the house again for a while I can tell you!)

Dietimeal porridge 120 cals
2/3 dietimeal bar 120 cals
king prawns with salad 140 cals
1/2 slimfast bar 100 cals
Mushroom & grilled pepper 2-egg omelette with a bit of cheese 290 cals

Went for today's run after breakfast this morning and it's still going OK.

I'm happy with myself today. :)

I'm counting calories, but trying to stay high protein and low carb at the same time.

The online calorie-counter that I use works out the g of carbs in each meal for me as well as the cals, so I try to keep it in proportion to my Exante packs - I aim for a max of 8-10g of carbs per 100 cals. It doesn't always work out cos I still need to remember to label-check and weigh everything. That's where the muller light caught me out, the yogurt and fruit even without the low-carb muesli was only about 65 cals combined but had 15g carbs! :eek:

It's bloody complicated lol but it means I really have to think about what I am going to eat and plan it out ahead. I'm really starting to learn about portion control and what makes up a "healthy" portion of all kind of different things! :)

If I go overboard with the carbs I may still lose fat but my glycogen stores will replenish with their attached water and I may well weigh more. I'm not ready for that yet, I won't mind so much once I get to goal but at the moment I am still focussed on losing weight even if it is at a slower rate than on TS.

Hi Yambabe your diet is still very low cal and strict I was wondering whether you had thought of doing some other sort of diet to lose those last few pounds. This idea has flashed through my mind. I've done both the Atkins diet in the past and Slimming World. I like both of these diets but the weight loss is so painfully slow so I'm on Exante for now. But later (BMI 25) I plan to change. What are your thoughts on this?

I've looked at several other diets for maintenance, I'm still quite taken with the idea of JUDDD or Atkins and will probably go to one or the other for long-term maintenance eventually. For me personally I've done both WW and SW before and they weren't really for me.

What I'm doing right now is based on how both Cambridge and Ligherlife work if you see them through to the end.

Both of them seem to have much better long-term success rates if you do a very gradual refeed over a long period of time rather than try to cram everything in to a few weeks (or days in the case of Lipotrim!). If you go to the restarters section of both of their forums you see a pattern emerging of people who did abstinence but didn't do RTM (LL) or move up the plans (CD) and just went back to "normal" eating straight away. They then have to go back to the start cos they have put on all the weight they lost and sometimes more. :( I don't want that for myself.

It seemed to make sense to me that if the long-term manitainers on both of those diets went through a proper prolonged refeed (which most of them did) and then continued to use the principles they had learned (and the occasional pack ;)) to maintain then that was probably the best way to do it.

Although I still have my goal weight marked over there in my stats, that isn't my actual goal any more. I'm now much more concerned with getting my body fat percentage down to a "normal" level and improving my health & fitness.

Yes my current diet is still very restricted but, like abstinence, it's not forever. Gradually my calorie allowance will get larger until I reach the point at which I can maintain. In the meantime refeeding like this is a huge learning curve for me. I am finding out what a healthy portion of something should look like, what foods are good for me, if anything triggers bad reactions in me, all sorts of stuff.

What I'm hoping is that by the time I have shifted this last stone or so and got to where I want to be I will be able to maintain automatically without having to weigh, measure and calorie-count everything because I will have learned so much about my own body and its relationship with food.

Let you into a secret too, shhhh. I'm finding this whole process so fascinating that last night I was looking online at A-level courses on human biology with a view to moving on to an HND or degree in nutrition. I'm seriously looking at a career change and a move into weightloss counselling and dietetics........:eek::eek:

WOW Yam - you go for it girl!!! I am looking at following something similar refeed-wise this time, went straight over to Atkins before which actually worked fine for me until I went on holiday and ate carbs and then it piled on very quickly so have bought another month's supply and will go down the route you are doing and see if that helps. I will probably still do low carb once I have refed but that should not cause problems later on if I do have the odd sarnie or cereal. You are a wise Yam you know (I would give you more rep but it won't blinking let me!!!)
Bren xx

Hehe, I sometiems think I may have a mild form of OCD, I seem to get obsessive about stuff to the point that it takes obver my life sometimes! :eek:

This year it's been weightloss up to now, but suddenly I have found a whole new world of nutrition and health to explore and learn about and I'm actually finding it very exciting. I've always loved learning about new stuff so doing things this way is suiting me very well at the moment.

Mind you the scales aren't shifting this week, hmmmm.

Anyway today's total was 745 cals:

1/2 exante shake 100 cals
1/3 dietimeal muesli 40 cals
prawn salad 205 cals
1/2 slimfast bar 100 cals
smoked fish with grilled peppers & steamed veg 230 cals

This evening I've been a bit naughty and had a small glass of baileys to use up that calorie defecit, feel a bit wobbly now actually! :eek:

Quiet weekend at home planned for once so am going to go for mostly pack-based meals I think, although an obsession with peppers grilled til the skins go black seems to be overtaking my crayfish one lol!

Hey Calli, you must be loving eating. I have to admit I have thought about adding a meal but i will go the 12 weeks and if I have not reached my goal I will add a meal then

to be honest i have not eaten much still stuck to 3 a day, i think i have had 2 low carb meals this week, and that is it, i really don;t feel like it, i have just got it in just in case i crave, food does not bother me again at the moment, so i will see how it goes. hows u?

Back