Coming over to Weight Watchers!

I used to do sw, I found only the red plan worked for me as it was harder to overeat when you are not allowed pasta and potatoes. I did well on the red plan and lost 1 stone in 2 months but soon became bored as meals were too samey and it was difficult buying lunch.

I have just started ww today and like the flexibility of it. My hardest battle is making good choices and not picking bad things and leaving myself hungry but I am trying to make good choices. I have put on 7lbs in the matter of about 3 weeks later and none of my clothes fit! I have a wedding in 5 weeks so really want to shift a good amount by then so I don't cry when I see the photos :-(

Hi are you going to group or going it alone, i am not sure whether to join online special offer on 32.90 for 3 months, although i have a ww calculator so not sure if online is a waste of money x

My mum started SW about a year and a half ago and she did really well that last april I decided to try and join her.
I started off ok, lost a couple of pounds here and there, but then I too got bored because the meals were all the same.
I was constantly eating jacket potatoes & pasta.
And although I love jacket potatoes & pasta, when you're having one or the other every day, it soon gets boring.
So eventually I kinda dwindled off it and tried to eat a bit better, but I just wanted chicken nuggets and chips or fishcakes or some other kinda crap (I love processed food =/ haha)
A couple of weeks ago mum suggested that I try something new, like calorie counting, and then WW occurred to me.
My cousin has lost 3 stone on it in the last year, and there's no restrictions on what you can eat, just the amount of it you can eat.
And I'm absolutely loving it.
I'm loving that I can still have chips and fishcakes and cakes and biscuits and ice cream.
And I love the frozen ready meals. And I'm actually finding it easier to decide what I want to eat each day, and it's working out cheaper as well.

I've signed up to meetings. Been to two so far and lost 6lbs. I was a pound heavier before I joined, so I've managed to lose half a stone in just 2 weeks and it's been so simple.

Different things suit different people, but switching to WW has definitely been the right choice for me so far =)

Hope everyone else does well with their switch.

Hi are you going to group or going it alone, i am not sure whether to join online special offer on 32.90 for 3 months, although i have a ww calculator so not sure if online is a waste of money x

Hi there! I understand the special price, how much is the 3 month on regular basis? Maybe they do offers all the time. I am an online member but from a foreign site. I guess if I had a calculator like you do, I would start off myself and see what happens. Online you get the tracker where you track all your food and activity which is vital if you ask me but you can always use a notebook. There isn't any personal support, just tools. I personally believe that the meetings is the best way. And if you browse the site's success stories you will find that this is where the biggest successes come from. So why don't you start on your own and if it doesn't work that well maybe go to meetings? But if you do it on your own make sure to follow by the book, use this community for support and pick a certain day for WI without changing it around.
I hope it all goes well!

Hi I am going it alone. I went to a class a few months back and started but gave up within the week. I still have the plan and know I am on 26pp and have 49pp weekly. I have downloaded a points calculator onto my phone and its suprisingly easy following it with this. Just completed day 3 and don't feel like I'm on a diet. Only real difference is smaller portions and less costa drinks!!

Thank you for all your replies, i get weighed in the morning so will see how i have done, could someone tell me the points in potatoes, this is the only thing i am struggling on as i can use calculator for all other food, keep up the good work, some good weight losses, will post tomorrow lol x

In my Shop book it's got values for potato products as follows
Potato boiled, 1 medium portion, 100g 2pp
Potato, Jacket (weighed when cooked) 1 medium, 225g 8pp
Potato, Mashed (plain) 1 scoop, 60g 1pp
Potato, Mashed with Margarine
1 scoop, 60g 2pp
Potatoes, New 1 medium portion, 100g 2pp
Potatoes, New
1 large portion, 200g 4pp
Potatoes, Old 1 medium portion, 100g 2pp
Potatoes, Old, roasted in blended oil 1 serving, 100g 4pp
Potatoes, Old, roasted in corn oil
1 serving, 100g 4pp

Hope that helps

Thanks Elfy been to weigh in this morning and not lost anything really disappointed, do you think my body needs to adjust from sw to a new plan not sure what to do whether to try for another week on 26 pro points or stick with sw, but not really losing with sw any help please lol x

You're welcome =)

I personally would stick with ww for a bit longer.
Give it chance to set in. It probably is just your body adjusting.
On sw my mum eats huge portions, whereas ww are much smaller.
So your body is probably just trying to get used to you going from big to smaller portions.

Maybe you could set a 3 month trial... see how you get on with it.
If it's not working well after that, then look to switching back.
But it's worth giving it a try. Because you said you weren't losing much with sw, so if you don't lost much with ww either, you're not really any worse off, if that makes sense.
Then you can have a think and see where to go from there.
It's only your first week. It'll pick up.

Also, do you do any exercising?
I know that exercising has helped my weight loss dramatically.
I've been signed to the gym for almost 4 weeks now, and in that time, alongside doing ww, I've lost 2cm all over my body, except my waist where I lost 8cm!

Hi Elfy Thanks for that think you are right nothing to lose by sticking at it like you say i was not losing with sw, could you let me know points in a can of fosters 440 ml and budweiser 440ml if you can. I am exercising but will try to fit more in aerobics twice a week at moment, may start walking a bit more lol x

Yeah... just give it a go.
No harm in trying.
It takes 21 days for a new habit to set in... so maybe your body will take that long to register the new diet. Who knows?!
And the nice weather is finally starting to arrive, so getting out and walking will not only count as physical exercise, but mental exercise too and I know I'm much happier when the sun is shining =D

Unfortunately I can't find anything brand specific for your alcohol, but have found that
Beer, Bitter or Light Ale 1/2 pint 3pp
Bottled Beer, Bitter or Lager
1 bottle (330ml) 4pp
Lager
1/2 pint 3pp
Lager, Light or Alcohol Free
1 bottle (330ml) 1pp

Hope that's of some use =)

Back