Common SW misconceptions put right.

Its because In theory you could eat more fruit if its mashed. So you mighy be able to eat 5 mashed bananas but could you couldn't eat 5 whole bananas in one sitting

Its because In theory you could eat more fruit if its mashed. So you mighy be able to eat 5 mashed bananas but could you couldn't eat 5 whole bananas in one sitting

Oh I get it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Everything in moderation :)

Yeah basically, although you can eat as much free and super free it's still moderation.

Pureeing fruit increases the glycemic index. This is generally seen as a bad thing as it results in a higher insulin spike which promotes fat retention.

It uses more energy to eat fruit by chewing then just drinking/eating it mashed.:)

Thanks Cavegirl. :)

Great thread!

Pureeing fruit increases the glycemic index. This is generally seen as a bad thing as it results in a higher insulin spike which promotes fat retention.

It uses more energy to eat fruit by chewing then just drinking/eating it mashed.:)

Thanks, Cavegirl - that one's always puzzled me. Great thread with so much useful info & so glad I discovered it, have been on SW since June last year, but am in 'back on track' revision mode at the moment - I REALLY want to set my next target!

great thread!

Really handy thread for me as I'm still new to SW! Thanks:)

I learnt that lesson the hard way. I thought I was doing so well having a banana smoothie with yoghurt and skimmed milk for breakfast only to be told that the banana is better eaten without "squashing" it up... very strange theory but it is the same with apples too.

Very useful and interesting thread. Thanks! :)

Great thread for a newbie like me. Still slowly getting my head around SW as only joined last night and it's all a bit overwhelming.

Free foods are not completely unlimited! You can't eat Mugshots and Muller Lights all day every day, and then be surprised to STS. I'm putting this one up as it seems apt, while I sit trying to force down the last few mouthfuls of my MAHUSIVE pasta carbonara. You still have to exercise portion control, it's just down to your own judgement of when you are 'full' rather than having amounts and weights set out by the plan.

I think this bears repeating - don't just eat for the sake of it! I have a new plan - I am only snacking when my hunger is over a five, on a scale of one to ten....not just because I am bored!

The scale thing is a great idea, I've just tried to cut snacks to one a day either between lunch and my evening meal or evening meal and bedtime. Eating late at night is definitely something that you shouldn't do on any diet as your metabolism has slowed right down and takes 3 times as long to burn off, so eating a free pack of supernoodles at 11/12 at night isn't doing anybody any favours lol! :)

This thread is great, I put on 2.5 pounds week before last and was really upset as I had been really good all week! Now after reading this I have just realised that I was constantly picking at free foods but thought it was ok as it was free. Am now not going to do that again EVER!!!!!!

Back