Complaints

Claudia84

Ok so lately iv been suffering with terriable headaches, every night since sat :-( I'm losing A LOT of hair :-( And i feel dizzy everytime I stand up :-( anyone else that these problems? Xx

18 weeks today, mainly on ss aswell, maybe it's time to go up the steps, the weight loss is just so good on ss I don't wanna stop x

How much water are you drinking?

This is not normal for a prolonged period of time if you're having at least 3 packs a day and all your water.

If you're already following the diet 100% then I think you should move up the plans. Maybe add a protein and veg 810 meal for a couple of days?

Look after yourself

I'm drinking thoroughly 2-3 liters a day, the last few nights iv been having a bit of chicken to see if that helps, I should really go to the doc's but I think he'll just say come off the diet (he's a bit of a prat) and I'm not ready, I'll see my CDC on sat and see if she thinks I should start going up, it's no good as I have two kids under 4 and I'm getting ratty with them which I hate, thanks for ur concern xx

Keep with the meals and the water - and see what your cdc says.

Definitely keep checking how you feel, and if you need more food - eat it.

I know its hard, cause you want to stick with it. I know how you feel. I had some serious health concerns after 97days in the diet. I then started fainting with no warning - which was terrifying!

Prioritise you.

Although I did end up having to come off CD for a few months - Ive continued to lose weight, and I'm on day 49 of SS (part 2) and, touch wood, I've not suffered the same side effects this time.

Just be careful. Your health is really important.

Good luck!

you did have your add a meal week didn't you. it's very important as it boost your metabolism.

add a meal week is an 810 week not a ss+ week either!

if you haven't, you might have just taken it out of your body by doing 18 weeks continuously!

you did have your add a meal week didn't you. it's very important as it boost your metabolism.

add a meal week is an 810 week not a ss+ week either!

if you haven't, you might have just taken it out of your body by doing 18 weeks continuously!

No :-/ my CDC told me to just carry on, I'm gunna have words with her on sat, the way I'm feeling is just not right.

Ahh, well that could be it. It used to be (and only a few years ago) that we had an add a meal week every fifth week. You really do need to do that 810 week. Maybe this coming week is the week to do it!

Right! Well your CDC has gone against 'nice'! Naughty CDC. I think it after 10 solid weeks. It says in your book!

Sole Source® and Sole Source Plus® are only suitable for those with a BMI of 25 plus a stone.

What do you eat?
If you choose the Sole Source® programme you will consume three Cambridge Weight Plan meals in place of conventional food. For men, or women above 5ft 8ins (1.73m), four Cambridge Weight Plan meals must be taken. Sole Source® is ideal for people who prefer a period of time away from the temptations of conventional food.

Sole Source Plus® allows some extra flexibility. On this programme, you may have three Cambridge Weight Plan meals plus a 200kcal meal (from a range of selected recipes available from your Consultant) or four Cambridge Weight Plan meals plus 200ml of skimmed milk. This is the same regardless of height or gender.

In addition to the water used to mix the Cambridge drinks and soups, it is vital that you drink at least 2.25 litres (4 pts) of water per day. Other fluids can include black tea, coffee, and herbal teas (leaf not flower) and flavoured waters.

Using Sole Source® or Sole Source Plus® is not allowed when certain medical conditions are present. We call these conditions 'contra-indicated'.

There are however, a number of medical conditions with which Sole Source® and Sole Source Plus® can still be used, but with special precautions.

In all cases, if you have a medical condition, a doctor's signature will be required before starting any programme.
If you chose to follow the Sole Source® programme, your doctor will need to be informed before you begin, regardless of your BMI. The Cambridge Weight Plan Consultant will do this, allowing your doctor the option to provide clinical supervision if they think it necessary.

Use this step for:
Up to twelve weeks (in accordance with NICE Guidance, 2006). After this you will need to move up to a Step above 800 kcal for at least one week. At this point, if you have further weight to lose, you can use Sole Source® / Sole Source Plus® for another period of up to twelve weeks and so on, or select a programme with a higher calorific level.

*Individuals with a BMI 40 and above may not commence on Step 1, but may do so following a period of time on a higher calorie intake. Your Cambridge Consultant will advise you.

Last edited:
My CDC *really* didn't want me to do 810 week either. I did, because it was important to me to keep in touch with food on a psychological level - but I felt really naughty for doing it.

CDCs can be funny sometimes, which is fine if you have minimins for advice, but most people just go by what their CDC tells them.

Back