Complete newbeeeeee!

jjb33

So I'm 26 - 5"2 and feel like I'm racing towards 30 almost as quickly as I'm racing towards 11 stone. At 10 stone now but it's creeping up.

I desperately want to get down to at least 9st but realistically 8 1/2! I've been trying for years unsuccessfully but now I'm dedicated!

My job's making it difficult as I vary location weekly and never seem to know when I'm going to finish. It's very unpredictable! But a step in the right direction I've joined slimming world. I'm doing ok but finding it hard with all the social networking events, and eating out!

Today's food diary:

Activia yoghurt ff

2 chicken breast grilled w herbs
Spinach and tomatoes
2 sachets mayo: 8sins

Steak grilled
Home-made 0sin chips
Beans

Meringue
Actimel ff
X2 Coffee w/ semiskilled milk sachets

Hoping to keep going but need some
Inspiration!!!

Don't worry yourself, that's the first sep towards success in weigh-loss. I'm unsure about slimming world as declaring my weight to others in group scenario has never been my thing, but just keep positive and focused. First of all 2 stone isn't alot to lose, so stop looking at it like a mountain when in fact it's just a mole hill, then you won't be so hard on yourself nor will you feel bad about eating out.

When you do eat out just choose healthier options, no-one is force feeding you 2nd helpings of food nor are they pushing cake and sweet things in front of you. YOU MUST FIND WILLPOWER. If you lack determination to say NO, you'll only just wind up binging or falling at the first hurdle. Change the way you see food. Trust me I've been there, done that and got the t-shirt of stretch marks to prove it LOL.

You can and will do this, stop being so hard on yourself and just think healthy foods. Plan your daily meals and the weight will drop off...... and water is your best friend.....trust me on that. Good Luck JJB33.

:hug99:

Thanks for your reply! Motivation is key. I'm finding it ok but again think I need to up the exercise to get rid of the alcohol sins!!!!! Dreading this weeks weigh-in even though I've been ok. Fingers crossed! You've obviously done well with the weightloss!

So yesterday I battled the curry house.... My diary consisted of:

All bran w/ skimmed milk
Hard boiled egg x2

Jacket potato with spicy tuna and salad

1 bottle champagne (argh) 14 sins

1/2 poppadom w/ 1tbs mango chutney
Fish masala (dry)
Chicken tikka (dry) w plain rice
2glasses wine

Today however I've been good!

Scramble egg w smoked salmon
Actimel x1

Banana

Jambalaya ( home made with all free food)
200ml low fat custard 4sins
5 tortillas (3sins)

15mins of swimming!!!

Wicked, congratulations! And welcome :)

Exercise really does help, especially to keep the weightloss going after the first few weeks. but it doesn't have to be anything hard, just walking to the shops at a decent pace or running up the stairs. Try and find something that you enjoy :)

Best of luck with everything.

Thanks!

Hey! Thanks for the support I'm needing some weightloss buddies so your entries are providing much support! I was pretty chuffed with the result - my alcohol content wasn't great so was expecting not to have lost as much, but really pleased with myself! I think that first week of losing definitely inspires you for the rest of the week. Starting Zumba on Weds which should be fun... really looking forward to trying something new, and shifting that weight. I'm quite good at keeping active - living in london you walk to most places if nothing walking between tubes is about 15 mins a day. My aim is now to get up to 3 times a week of 30 mins intensive to get my heart beat racing and burn more calories/fat... Struggling to get the motivation at the moment to exercise alone so I'm going to try and get my man involved!

I set myself a 10k goal for the end of June which completely died a death. However I've just signed up for a 45mile cycle ride (first time ever) in September so now I've got something I need to get fit for! :eek:

Off to Australia in October so desperately want to have a bikini body for then, so aiming for around a weightloss of 5/6 pounds a month, however the the better.

I have to say I'm not eating that differently to what I've always eaten, if nothing I'm eating more carbs (rice/potato) than I've eaten for years - so I'm certainly not complaining. :D

Anyhow will update on today's diary this evening!

Thanks again for the support :cool:

So yesterday's diary:

Breakie: All bran w/ Skimmed milk & banana
Lunch: Jacket Potato w/ aduki beans, sweetcorn & spring onion, celery
Dinner: poussin w/ lemon, garlic, rosemary w/ roasted veg and boiled potatoes... all cooked with olive oil light spray

Snacks: 0% greek yoghurt w/ 1 tsp honey (1sin)
Actimel
Smoked Salmon w/ lemon, black pepper
carrots, cucumber, celery, tomatoes

Exercise: Walked 20 mins + stairs

Resisted the urge to eat meringue and now decided to stop eating after 9pm as it makes me more hungry in the morning... weird.

Zumba tomorrow - can't wait!

Back