Completely New... What do i do?!

Tara27

Hi guys... new to all this, although i have been reading some of your posts over the last couple of days. Inspiring!!
I'm on day 2 of SS and already feeling like 'what the hell am i doing!' Someone please talk to me coz i feel like a complete loner on this diet!! :confused:

Hiya I'm on day 4 now and what everyone says r true that the 1st 3 days r hell. Today I feel great not hungry not noticing food everywhere I look now lol

I have just today started to 1/2 all my shakes so I have 6 1/2 packets a day instead instead of 3 full packets which I think is helping.

I've already lost 7lbs by my scales.

Oh and make sure u drink loads of water my CDC told me 4 litres + and other ppl on here have said the more you drink the more you lose. When u get used to drinking it it's fine. I'm not having a prob getting it down.

Good luck with ur journey

This forum is great every time I wanna eat I come on here and go through all the threads and ppl photos and it makes u realise why u r on this and what success u will have by sticking to it

X

Ola! Believe you me - you are so not alone!
Come on here and you'll get lots of support.

Not sure why everyone says to drink 4 litres of water - because in the book it says 2.25 litres/4 pints - i always think people get it mixed up!!
I drink my 2 litre bottle of fizzy water at my desk, and everything else i figure is a bonus - my coffee, etc.

I know the more water you drink the better - but I would so struggle to drink 4 litres of the stuff!

All the best!
Lx

Hi, Thanks for replying!
I'm quite enjoying the water... its the only thing filling me up between the shakes! I had a bad first day :( Everything i chose to eat (slurp) was Yucky... Porridge, Strawberry Shake and Spicy Tomato Soup... so i assigned myself to water for the day. Then, from the light, came.... THE MINT CHOC SHAKE!! it was deeeelish, so i went to bed feeling slightly better (and swore to NEVER eat a single porridge or soup again!)
This morning i tried the apple and cinnamon porridge (yuck) so i tried the banana shake instead, YUM!! Then for lunch i had a Cappucino shake which was quite nice too. I am currently preparing myself to try a Chicken and Mushroom soup.... any good??

I hate the tomato and the porridge too

Love the chicken ones and the other soups are so much better. Chicken and mushroom is my favourite. Like the veg soup and hate the leek and potato soup.

All the chic shakes r lovely and the vanilla I like too

Oh and you are allowed to add pepper to the soups but not salt which gives them a bit more flavour

X

it is a very lonely diet, but the support on here is fab and it will be worth it, short term pain for long term gain, im on wk 3 from tomorrow and can start my bars which doesnt take you fell as anti social, im actually meeting my friend for a cuppa and can now bring my bar. its suprising how full you feel after a while, i used to not go an hour with out eating some sort of rubbish but now sometimes its nearly 9pm and im like , oh my goodness i havent had my 3rd shake!! good luck petal , youll do great x

Ooh looking forward to the bars then! Tried the chicken and mushroom soup... Not bad! Just like a cuppa soup! Instead of sticking to things i thought i may like, i just bought everything in all favours! But my CDC said i can swap anything don't eat or like. Can't wait for weight in... I really miss chewing gum, and i wish i could have some coke zero but she said not to? Which i found odd as its 0% in everything!! Any tips welcome :) and thanks again for replying, good luck to yous two too! X

Well done so far :)

Coke zero is an odd one. Some CDC's allow it every now and again but strictly speaking it's not allowed.

I'm on week 11 now and it can get a bit boring, but it's definitely worth it in the long run x

Im sure i can do without it, i just think when you hear you can 'maybe' have something slightly naughty, you cling onto that hope lol! Week 11... Wow, that's amazing. I can't wait to start feeling slimmer, i want to lose around 5-6 stone but i know with even a stone or 2 off i'll feel amazing. Have you had many cheats beanflower? X

A few minor cheats for family birthdays and such, and then was naughty and ate chips last weekend - so not worth it! Went through the headaches to get back into ketosis again so will not be having carbs any time soon.

It might not feel like it now but time flies on this diet, and this site is brilliant, especially if you're ever having a rubbish day.

Spangles diary, deflating the bouncy castle, is really inspirational x

Hello and well done for embarking on a tough diet with quick rewards. The first week is the worst bear with it as it gets better. The choc and choc mint are my fave the choc orange has a funny after taste. Vanilla is sweet but some mix it with an instant coffee (not tried myself) After 2 weeks you can have a bar and I wouldn't survive it without them. I do have coke zero every day and chewing gum if I need it. I alternate SS and SS+ days. I have 3-4 litres of water as I have bar and ready made tetra that has less water content. I have discovered peppermint tea which is lovely. Good luck Jayne

Hello :)

You are difinitely not a loner! Lol!

I find that coming on here and reading the inspirational stories defo helps! People are losing amazing amounts of weight1 :)

Als in regards to the Coke Zero, all though they say that you aren't 'allowed' it, I am on day 8 and have drank at least a pint of Dr Pepper Zero every day so far and it hasn't effected ketosis, I had my first wi yesterday and I have lsot 10lb, so doesn't seem like it effected the weight loss either! My mum did this diet last year and drank Coke Zero throughout too and she lost loads, so all though CD rules say no, I still drink it! I think it's just down to personal preference! If I start to get that little sicky feeling I take a few sips and it helps!
The days do get easier, youll see! :) Xx

Thanks for all your advice guys. Your a lovely lot! You've had some great losses, my first weigh in is on Tuesday, so i have my first weekend coming up! Decided not to make any plans for Saturday night, and im working tonight so might be a breeze ;) i would really like to start exercising as i used to go down the gym maybe twice a week but im scared of going light headed as obviously we have no energy on SS! (Not to be crude, but me and my boyf had a bit of 'nookie' last night and i nearly passed out walking to the bathroom after!!) Don't get me wrong, he rocks my world but I've never seen stars and nearly passed out before, lol!! So better ease up on the exercise idea...

Hiya

I'm exercising everyday since the start I just take it very slowly and not over exert myself.

I knew if I stopped going to the gym I would never start again

Not had any dizziness yet. Touch wood.

X

I got told that too about not doing too much exercise in the first 2 weeks. I just starting week 8 amd am walking loads now dont know whether its the weather or the fact that im lighter but im really enjoying it.
I love the toffee & walnut shakes and also i saw on here someone has the choc tetra with hot water, 1/2 a tetra filled up with hot water its lovely plus its getting extra water in.
I hated the porridge at first but for some reason this week im loving it.:D so do keep trying things as you're taste buds definately change on this diet.

Back