compliments

Trim T

Just picked the kids up from school and was inundated with positive compliments and shocked faces.

Feeling really good today.

One person even said "i thought that was you, but then i thought, no she's too skinny to be" hahaha. Sounds rude but it was a compliment to me :D

It is always lovely to get compliments!

Nice when people notice in a positive way:D

Well done on your weight loss:happy096:

That is so lovely. Must have given you a real boost!

I got some positive compliments today too. I always feel apologetic when complimented. problem is that I don't want to come across as smug and the other people also struggle with their weight and keep saying that they wish they could do the same. I know that when I was that person I just felt jealous....I didn't blame them for losing weight, I just wanted to be able to do it too!

One of the things I've learnt from my sessions is to say thanks when complimented and leave it at that. Rather than adding a comment about how far I've got to go. After a while it actually felt nice to be complimented and I didn't feel awkward about it anymore - quite freeing!

thank you everyone, i know exactly what you mean about feeling awkward acceping compliments, i always do the "i've still got loads to lose" thing. But i think i might be reminding myself of that fact at the same time.

When I used to say it I think I was belittling the compliment. Now I just take it!

Back