Compulsive weighing!

I had to throw my scales away to stop myself weighing incessantly. They were rubbish anyway even tho they were digital and not cheap! Now I wi at class and that's it, stops the anxiety! :)

Well I was weighed in class last night - it was worse than I feared, to the tune of about 2lbs! I was wearing my heaviest boots though: should have a good loss next week just by wearing pumps! In the meantime, home scales have been stashed under the bed.

I am bad for jumping on and off the scales constantly but I've somehow managed to separate that form my actual loss. It is just a strange habit I have (I blame a wonky floor as the result can be different simply getting on, off and on them again).

Tinsel - getting your boyfriend to hide them sounds like a sensible plan. If the up and down-ness is bothering you (and if it is making you worry about the effectiveness of the plan then I am presuming you are a wee bit bothered) then surely you aren't loosing your security blanket. I would take the view that the one constant is your weekly weigh in, on super dooper calibrated scales at class. Your SW weigh in is the constant and I think should be the least frightening of the week (I can type that and think it is very true but I've not got my thick head to accept that just yet).

Good luck!

From a very nervous Tuesday "weigh-iner"

DickieC xx

I weigh everyday and feel I need to to stay focussed as I can't afford group. But, asked hubby yesterday to hide the scales for a week to see if I could do it! He did and now I want them back lol

I weigh everyday and feel I need to to stay focussed as I can't afford group. But, asked hubby yesterday to hide the scales for a week to see if I could do it! He did and now I want them back lol

I was thinking about asking my OH to do the same but I would be lost without my scales. Even though I know its bad for me to weigh myself everyday and I will sit on this forum stating that others shouldn't do it, I just can't help myself :rolleyes:

It's so upsetting when you think you've done really well only to have gained 5lbs, but when you go to class you've lost 2! Home scales are not as accurate as SW ones and your weight goes up and down every hour. X

Well, I have done 4 days without scales: now I am beginning to worry that when I do finally weigh again I won't have lost any and will be fed up! Silly me :)

you should actually only weigh once a month for a true reflection of weight because it fluctuates that much - Can't remember where I read this but I did... I know we all get weighed weekly but obviously this is for plan.
The fact that weight fluctuates throughout the day and daily is exactly why you are told not to scale hop because it can mess with your mind, you may get on midweek to see you have lost 3lb and then self consciously relax a little through the rest of the week, it can also work the other way.

Oh and not to mention all scales are different, scales at group get calibrated on a regular basis, how many of you do this?!

Last edited:
i am terrible for hopping on and off mine and weigh first thing and last thing every day without fail!!!
i did get rid of my scales for about 2 or 3 months before but it drove me to distraction not having them so i got them back,lol!!!

Back