Condsidering giving up on CD!!

SARAHP

Silver Member
:cry: I am seriously considering giving up on cd, I try every day at the moment to do ssing or at worst 790 but I am failing miserably!!
Today for example ive had a pack at breakfast a bar at 2.30pm and then for the last hour I have binged and had some micro chips 2 slices of toast a bag of crisps and a cake bar!! This isnt just a 1 off either and I can see a binge cycle developing.
The decision is very tough however as I kind of cling to cd as I know I can do it as I lost 5 stone last year but it is just not working at present and every week of messing is a week closer to my hols with no weight lost. I am so fed up, with myself for failing and because I am sick and tired of being overweight but this is sending the comfort eating chatterboxes into overdrive!!
Also just to make things worse my hubby is doing cd interview tomorrow and hopefully will be training in 3 weeks time and I feel a failure for him to as I really want to be a good example but as I am now im sure any clients he may get will think you need to start with your fat wife before you help me!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i think u need 2 cheer urself up first, if ur not happy in urself u wont stick 2 it. take ur mind off it for a couple of days then re assess the situation.
good luck hun x x

DONT GIVE UP!!

You can do this, just really put your mind to it!

:grouphugg:

Hi Sarah.

I'm struggling as well, In fact I am joining SW tonight as I really don't know what to do with myself.

I think Cambridge can be quite a hard diet to do if you are not what I call "in the zone". When I first started I lost 19.5 pounds in 4 weeks and I have just has rubbish loses since then.

I think you just need to sit down and have a long hard think about why you want to lose weight and take each day as it comes. When you want food - ask youself, do I want to lose weight or do i want to eat this? Which do you want more? Not that I can talk, easier said than done, but an idea.

Good Luck.

:cry: I am seriously considering giving up on cd, I try every day at the moment to do ssing or at worst 790 but I am failing miserably!!
Today for example ive had a pack at breakfast a bar at 2.30pm and then for the last hour I have binged and had some micro chips 2 slices of toast a bag of crisps and a cake bar!! This isnt just a 1 off either and I can see a binge cycle developing.
The decision is very tough however as I kind of cling to cd as I know I can do it as I lost 5 stone last year but it is just not working at present and every week of messing is a week closer to my hols with no weight lost. I am so fed up, with myself for failing and because I am sick and tired of being overweight but this is sending the comfort eating chatterboxes into overdrive!!
Also just to make things worse my hubby is doing cd interview tomorrow and hopefully will be training in 3 weeks time and I feel a failure for him to as I really want to be a good example but as I am now im sure any clients he may get will think you need to start with your fat wife before you help me!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh Sarah.....please don't be a sad face!! It's only a diet ;)

Okie dokie.....so first thing, we see that the afternoon is a funny time for you, why? Why did you have to eat then? Are you alone at that time of day? were you actually hungry? Is it just a habit? Were you upset? feel deprived?Think!!!

Something else to think of as well.....why those foods? Why not protein and veg?

You know, and I know that all this is all in your head....things telling you to eat when you know you don't really need to so what we have to do is find out what those things are and find out how to squash them!!

Do not stress about hubby!!! It's him doing the job, not you. I know you want to be a good example but really....you don't have to be. Don't add the extra pressures you don't need. One thing at a time.

xx

Think im going to slimming world tonight as well, ive tried ww to many times and get bored knowing it inside out so think the challenge of something new might help.

As for the thinking before eating I dont think at all and just turn into a slobbering mad woman who would kill if anyone tried to stop me eating at that moment!!
Thanks to you all, if its anyones first time on cd and they read this then do not give in to temptation as I think you can never return after the first magical journey!! Sarahxx.

What good advice sarah, i too am finding it hard, i have had a couple of bad binges laterly. and you know you are right i have had chocolate and crisps and too be honest for the amount of time it took me to eat it, and what pleasure i got from it, it really wasnt worth it!!! but i couldnt stop myself. but i feel fanastic losing this amount of weight i have lost 35lbs so far and i feel great, and that feeling stays with me all day all night and every time i fit into new clothes, and see old pictures of myself. Just that simple little comment, has really made me realise, what i want!!! and it has certainly gave me something to think about when i go to grab something i shouldnt!!! i really hope it helps!!

If I felt like giving up I think I would give myself a few days even a week of and then just start afresh!!!! good luck

Yeah joined last night and feel a weights been lifted!!! Not ruling out cd forever just a short break, have you decided what to do yet???

Yeah joined last night and feel a weights been lifted!!! Not ruling out cd forever just a short break, have you decided what to do yet???

Hi Sarah,

Obviously you have made the right decision for where you are now.

I am looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Keep us posted.

Love Mini xxx

hi sarah
i have to admit you really need to be in the frame of mind for cd
i think had i tried it say a year ago i would have failed miserably
i had to get to the pont of desperation to be honest then i decided on cd, it is a good diet but you sound like sw will be better for you for now

good luck
kaz xx

Sarah what ever you decide is down to you and it what suits you. I went throught a similar problem a few weeks back, when for about 3-4 weeks I just piddled around not doing SS or 790 and it was all because I got bored doing 790 and decided to try SSing. I have now admitted to myself that SS is not for me and gone back to 790. But what all the messing proved to me was that at the end of the day, this diet is about me and how I feel NOT what other people may think you need or should do. Nor what you Think people might say.

Since I have come on board with the attitude of me and I will do it at the pace I want, I have started to relax and because I am not beating myself up about, the cheese I shouldn't have eaten or the choccy I nibbled or the apple I had etc., etc., I am not looking for excuses to eat.

So you have done the right thing, take a chill pill for a while and then when you feel ready you know where we all are and that no matter what you do you will always have the support from us here, after all we have all been there ourselves.

Love and hugs.,
xxxx

Thanks everyone, must admit its been very strange planning and eating today!!! Sarahxx.

Back