Confession time for all

I wonder if i am being too rigid looking at this thread and that is why I am now stuck. My only naughty pleasures are despite being told to syn it, I still make cous cous cake and eat it freely and I split my healthy extras and have mix and match. I even weigh my gravy granules !!!!

You're doing the right thing Brightonrosie! Just stick at it and the weight would come off. I wouldn't recommend that you deliberately alter the plan as an experiment, it might backfire!
Also couscous cake is actually free, although you're making it into a cake you're not actually grinding it down to a flour. Its no different from having a couscous salad :D

I've got loads.

I dont syn the gravy made with the liquid from the chicken. It's so delicious.
I have 3-4 HEXB's some days >.<
I don't syn my oil in my actifry, nor do I HEX it.
All alcohol is free
Everything is syn free after 7.30pm on a wednesday
When I tell my C about fab foods, like double pasta lasange, or crisps made in the new fangled microwave doodah, and she tell's me they're not free, I get voluntarey deafness

That'll do for now

I dont measure my milk, I mainly drink it in tea only and average 4 cups a day but if I have more I dont syn the milk. Its only a few ml's and its semi skimmed. In fact I refuse too ever limit my cuppa's if I want one.

I occasionally pick at the excess ive cooked for my 1 year yr old.

Here are mine:
- I don't use 400g slices of bread just the 'normal' size.
- I don't syn the butter
- I don't syn ketchup, dressings etc
- If I have 10ish chip shop chips of my husbands plate they aren't syns
- If I have half of my husbands pitta & dips that's not syns either
- I don't measure my milk
- I eat a bowl of cereal not 28g

I count lean mince/mince as free...

Hmm..I never used to measure my milk, but after doing it yesterday and realising how i was having almost triple the amount of skimmed milk i cut back!!!

I also do the 'anything eaten after WI to tuesday morning is syn free' - this includes a whole rocky road cake....lol

Oh and vodka is free lol

Last edited:
I'm loving this post!!!! :)

I always buy rotisserie chicken/drumsticks/legs from Morrisons and never syn them. (I only get this once a week and never eat the skin. After shopping I'm too knackered/lazy to cook and it is quite late.....also if you go late enough, it gets reduced!!......and I LOVE a bargain!!!)

If I'm having cereal that should have scan bran with it, I don't always eat the scan bran.....

I NEVER have brown rice/pasta......even if I'm using it as a HEX b on a red day......and certainly NEVER on a green day......

If my OH has some alcohol-free pear cider, I always have a swig and never syn it.....It's alcohol-free, people!!!.....only the alcohol has syns!!! (joke!!)

And there was me thinking that I was quite good!!!

Oh, and when I ate at Nandos and shared the Mediterranean salad, I only counted the olive oil on it as one HEX b, and the feta as one HEX a. I have no idea how much olive oil/feta there actually was on it.
Oh, and when I eat peri-peri chicken at Nandos, I never syn it, because I take the skin off.

Damn my tweaks are all coming out now!!! I THINK that is all of them....

...Except....I've stopped measuring my milk. I only have skimmed and never get through all 350ml. The only exceptions to the 'no measuring' are on a Sunday (when I'm at my mums, and drink tea for England!), or when I'm going to do rice pudding.

....And also, after a while of measuring my Kellogs oatbakes and my Minstrels, I've worked out that 28g of oatbakes is around 22 biscuits, and 42g of Minstrels = 15. So now I don't weigh them.......

I'm going to go now.... I thought I was following the plan so well, until I got started on this!!! Looking at what I've written, God knows how I've lost 2 stone!!!

Brilliant thread. Thanks!

Mine are

• I always eat the fat on meat, and chicken skin. Those are the best bits!
  • I never measure my milk
  • If I don't have a Hexb, I sometimes have extra syns to make up.
  • Sometimes I have 2 Hexas instead of 1
  • I sometimes use the bought battered or crumbed fish and count it as free as it is fish!
  • I class sausages and bought burgers as free
  • I never count gravy as I don't have a lot
  • I have the odd double tot of brandy and count it as 1
  • I don't measure cheese when I eat it
I can't think of more right now, but I am sure there is!

This is soooo funny. Mine are

1. Cooked fruit - I don't syn it if it's 1 apple, or 1 banana or a heated portion of frozen berries - it's still only a piece of fruit, so there!

2. If I've got a hexb left in the evening I use it for a small packet of salted peanuts = 1 hexb + 2.5 syns

3. If I go out for a meal I always have chips and only count whatever I have as 35syns tops!

With the exception of one or two saints, we are all such sinners!!

Now then, serious bit.....

If you are struggling or not losing fast enough, or wondering why I've "only lost a pound" - read this thread and spot how many of these things you do!

1 i sometimes pop ome of my son's food into my mouth after cooking it, or before putting the leftovers in the bin
2 i don't use much HEa because i don't like much milk or cheese so i use them for something else
3 i don't syn haribo cos there so small as i only have 2 or 3

As I have only been back on the plan for 4 weeks and want to lose as much as i can before I go on my hols which is now 7 weeks away I don't really tweak the plan the only thing I do is I don't measure my milk.

I use skimmed milk and prob dont have the full amount anyway.

It's great to see everyone being honest about their tweaks. I do have a few myself, I think the worst thing I do is when I go over my syns for the day I just don't bother to write it down in my food diary, like it never happened! I never measure milk or cheese either, and I under syn a lot of things (marge gets synned as 1syn no matter how much I've used - feels like a waste of syns otherwise lol)

I do try to be 100% every day, if I go off track for a day I find it hard to get back on it. This thread has kind of made me feel bad for all of the tweaking I do. I want to try harder to be 100% from now on.

I'm also bad at measuring my milk BUT I know that on the occasions I have it always amazes me what a SMALL amount the skimmed milk allowance.

I've also throughly trimmed my bacon and am quite amazed at home much extra I've cut off than I usually do x

lol i'm loving this thread its so funny
ok heres mine even though i have only been back at slimming world 5 weeks i have been doing it on and off for last 10 years so i have alot of bad habits

• i never cut of fat
  • a white pitta is counted as a heb
  • i don't syn marg, gravy, ketup etc
  • sat my weigh in day is a no count day oops
  • anything that comes off my childrens plate is syn free lol
  • when u going vistoring and they offer u a biscuit and u can't say no u can't count them syns cause its not your fault u had to have that biscuit lol
  • my bread is regular size
  • i don't measure anything oops
omg how have i lost weight in the past and this time

I have just remembered that I also eat bread from full-size loaves. Although I did measured 2 slices of the brown wholemeal from Morrisons once and it was only a gram or two above 57g.... So not that rebellious afterall!

I love this thread! It is without a doubt my favourite one ever lol...

great idea!

i never measure milk

sometimes i suck my sons jelly sweets then spit it out before i swallow - just for the taste

i really dont think i drink enough water probably 2x 500ml of juice a day - not enough

Great thread ....... and I probably do quite a few of these tweaks myself but my main one is if I've gone over my syns, I just cut back on HE's for a couple of days!!

Would be interesting to say how we're all doing weight-loss-wise with the addition of these tweaks ........ I'm a slow loser (no surprises there when you take into account the above) and lose around ½ - 1lb per week.

BUT, I still have a life and enjoy myself, so bring it on I say! lol xx

what a funny thread, here are mine....
- crispy chicken skin is delicious and should not be removed
- only use full size bread as healthy extras
- the bottles of wine I buy only stretch as far as 3 glasses not sure why :D....

Back