Confession time for all

Brilliant! Thanks everyone for those posts, I've only been doing SW for 4 weeks now and was just starting to beat myself up about some of these things like not measuring milk and accidentally having a bit too much cheese!
Now I dont feel so bad about my wobbles off plan - you are all fabulous!!

I feel sad now. I ahrdly do any of these and I'm not losing!! It's not fair. I don't measure milk nut only use red top for around 4 cups of tea. And I like it brick red like builders tea, so it is just a splash. I want to cry. Perhaps I should try a few tweaks. Perhaps they will help.

lynda

I don't think purposely tweaking is the way forward!! Eating more calories won't help you loose weight.. I recently read a thread where somebody said they stayed the same for 5 weeks or something and then lost 10lbs... like they'd been storing water.
Bodys are funny things. Give it time!

Oh no I remember another :eek::eek: when I add pots to casseroles or soup, because they have no skin on them I dont count them and just have a couple thats all, no harm done :D:D

I've just started over and this has given me a :asskick:, I need to measure my milk, ketchup, and spread (just a scrape :rolleyes:). The wine will be counted properly now!

Well, aren't we all a bad bunch? lol

Some of these are hilarious- it makes me feel much better about mine. I never expected such a response- I thought I would get a lot more people telling me off!

just again to re-iterate. Lots of us have lost weight while doing this cheating, but lots of us (me included) have moaned about how the scales are not moving and we are getting disheartened. I would hate anyone, new or otherwise to SW to see this as the way forward.

So again- to repeat to anyone who thinks they may try cheating, because all of us do it:
All of us who cheat, deep down know that we would lose more if we didn't. Yes, we are human and we have admitted our flaws, but SW works best when the plan is followed 100%.

xxxxxx

Mine:

1 - I don't always make the most of *fast* meals. As in, if I am in a hurry and have a pasta n sauce for dinner, I just have it straight. I don't always throw in some SS/S foods to bulk it out. I know I should and I know that these days usually mean I don't get enough SS and S foods. Green days in general are my weakness with SS and S foods.

2 - I *guesstimate* HEAs sometimes. If I am out for lunch and want grated cheese, I kinda say 'erm that LOOKS about 28g' and I bet sometimes my eyes are kinder than they ought to be

Other than that, I don't *cheat* but for ages I didn't eat enough - and for newbies that is important - eat eat eat! (the right things of course ;) )

xx

Oh no I remember another :eek::eek: when I add pots to casseroles or soup, because they have no skin on them I dont count them and just have a couple thats all, no harm done :D:D
I never knew that if you dont have skin on potatoes you have to count them??? Eek.

My confessions -
- I dont count the milk either, I like tea that you can walk on so it really is a splish
- I suck Extra sugar free mints, and dont count them
- I do throw the chicken skin away, a good way to do this friends is to imagine it uncooked!!! :jelous:
- Last night I cooked a very SW friendly cottage pie with quorn for me, and a "real" one for the family, but ate about 4 spoonfuls of their one, but I did count them, (wouldnt most times).
- I have just realised I had a small sq of coffee cake this morning and didnt count
- Saturdays I get weekend brain. Find it very hard to syn or count anything.
- Hmm, maybe Im not as bad as I thought, but thats just when Im sticking to plan. The 2 days when I struggle are write offs. :eek:

Great thread. Really gets you thinking.

This is such a great thread!!

1. Dont weigh milk, cheese or bread for my Healthy Extras
2. The 2 digestive biscuits I eat when I get in from work dont count as I eat them whilst walking round the house tidying up.
3. A couple of alcoholic drinks count, if I get drunk however it's like they never existed and never make it onto my food diary
4. I start the week eating loads of syns and then have to have minimum syns for the rest of the week.
5. Gravy doesnt count
6. Neither does anything from someone elses plate
7. If I row with my partner I am allowed as much chocolate as I want and it doesnt count because technically it was his fault
8. Same as above applies to star week lol!
9. Roast potatoes cooked in oil dont count as long as the meat was cooked the SW way and a 1/3 of my plate is superfree
10. A little bit of body magic means I can have a treat

Bloody hell, I am embarrassed by this!!

xx

I used to never measure my milk or weight my cheese but we had this questionare one night in class were we wrote on a bit of paper (no names lol) and this came up on how we tweek our diet to suit us

I now weight my cheese (bought a meat slicer to make thinner so it goes round more)
I buy the little 250ml carton on milk and fill it up daily
and I bought the little mesure spoons from the pound shop which start at 1/4 of a tsp so food wise I do well but I still dont use the correct syn value for my rosie wine (unless in house 26 syns a bottle ) when i get drunk thats it no more counting but lucky for me I only go out once a month with the girls brilliant thread :)

I don't weigh my healthy extras and probably go way over!
Any amount of ketchup is 1 syn
My glasses of wine are not as small as they should be
When I have oven chips, I do not weigh them - I just eat them and count it as a few syns
I count grated cheese as virtually syn free
* week is syn free

I count lean mince/mince as free...

Hmm..I never used to measure my milk, but after doing it yesterday and realising how i was having almost triple the amount of skimmed milk i cut back!!!

I also do the 'anything eaten after WI to tuesday morning is syn free' - this includes a whole rocky road cake....lol

Oh and vodka is free lol

OMG Rocky Road! I would kill for a slice of that right now!!!

Loving this thread!!

On the whole, I think I'm probably far too saintly, never having real gravy, only stock, always measuring milk, cheese, alcohol to the exact amount...

...but having read all of your posts, you have reminded me of some of my bad habits...

• I sometimes don't have all my HEXs and occasionally swap one for 6 syns
  • On a Red day, I will have 100g white rice with my curry, or 100g noodles with my stir-fry. They don't have the fibre, but I figure they don't have any extra calories!
  • If I go out and eat/drink way too much (as I did last Thurs!) I just jot down 'flexi syns' in my food diary and leave it at that!
xx

Still a great thread! But also, really clear to see why sometimes we don't lose as much as we think we should!

I must stress that I don't do all my tweaks all the time...just when it suits me to cheat! And it is just that...cheating.

Mine are pretty bad, but I thought I'd try and turn this on its head. So...here are some of the things I'd never do ;) :

- eat the fat on meat, including chicken skin and fat on bacon. I just can't bring myself to do it!
- cheat with bread. I always use one slice of normal, or two of small loaf.
- not count butter/spread
- eat stuff with creamy sauces. I just can't bring myself to do it.
- have a chippy tea. Again, I just can't cross that line!
- have full fat milk or a full-fat yoghurt
- eat a 'normal' sausage and count it as syn free

I'm such a diet freak nowadays!

Vegetable curry as a side dish to a takeaway curry and rice counts as my 1/3rd superfree food on extra easy, right?? :D

Back