Confession time for all

Hi Xassy,
I can confirm that as well, yes you have to count them if they don't have the skins.

I cant believe that. Ive read the stuff back to front and never saw that. Anyway, luckily I love the skins so always use them, but then does that mean that mash potato is not free? I made it from a sw recipe and only had to syn the bit of stock to wet the mixture. Im confused.

I am almost positive that potatoes only need their skins on when following the red plan. if you read the recipes for extra easy and green it often quotes peeled potatoes x

too much wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Rosie is right. Potatoes have to have their skins on to count as a HEB on a Red day.

For green and EE days, you can peel your spuds should you so wish! However I think it's recommended you keep them on whenever possible, in order to get more fibre and associated good stuff that's in the skins.

The only thing I do is add a splash of soya milk when im making scrambled eggs, because I think they dont taste very nice without a splash of milk! I dont count this into my HEA, but then i rarely use up the whole thing so I dont think it matters too much :)

I light of reading all my terrible things i have made an extra effort to stop it all this week just to see how much difference it really makes, on WI for the last 2 weeks ive lost 1lb on both so will let you know what happens at WI Monday night!!

xx

brilliant thread!!! bumping back up after i found it via a link in another thread.

would love to hear anyone elses confessions!! own up ladies and gents.

Ha, this thread is great. :D

When I was following the plan I basically ignored a couple of the things that struck me as particularly silly, the main one being 'synning' the fruit that went into my smoothies. Putting it through a blender does not change the calorie content, so I always counted them as 'free food'.

On the plan only extra virgin olive oil is counted as a Hex B choice (1 tblsp), but I don't like it so I substituted the oil I preferred instead. Same calories.

When I went vegan, I obviously couldn't have milk and didn't like any of the soya alternatives, so I substituted 250ml of fresh orange juice as my HexA - again, same calories.

These are the main 'tweaks' I made and they still followed the formula in calorie terms, so I never worried about them and they didn't affect my weight loss. I think the fact that you can make these personal tweaks - even rather naughty ones like some listed here! - and still lose weight just goes to show how brilliant the basic formula of the SW plan is. :)

when i go out drinking and i have one to many and i go well over my syns, and go a bit green around the chops.

im ashamed to say when im poorly the next day( been polite), i dont count syns from the night before cause there not there any more.

stoopid i know

oh and broken biscuits dont count cause the calories have leaked out of them already ya see

Back