Confessions of a food-a-holic (Slimming World Style of course!)

Thursday 8th November - RED

Weigh-in day is here! I have to confess to being one of these people that somewhat restricts their eating on D-Day, well I don't restrict it, I just don't pig out on fruit etc like I normally would! I am really hoping for a loss, but don't think my scales agree. It could be my body catching up with its 5.5lb loss last week, I've never lost that much in a week. And as I said to my mum if I'd for example lost 3.5lb last week and lost 2lb this week I'd be estatic, yet if I go tonight and lose nothing I'll be devastated, even though it's the same loss! :confused:

Breakfast - 2 x weetabix (B), Milk (A)

Lunch - Fruit salad of pineapple, apple and strawberries

Dinner - SW friendly chicken, chorizo and king prawn Paella (2.5 syns)
I *sort of* followed this recipe, http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/137196/Chicken-and-prawn-paella/print
in that I basically just used it for the amount of rice and stock I needed, I fried all my ingredients together, well the chorizo first to release all the yummy oil, then my chicken, then threw in my peas, pepper, onion and garlic. Put my rice in when that was all cooked, with my stock and then followed the instructions to let it simmer for 15, then stir frequently till it was soft, then added my king prawns. It was DELICIOUS! Made enough for 4 people (I used 10 syns worth of chorizo but to be honest, I could have done with a bit less and I LOVE chorizo).

Drinks: 1 x peppermint tea
1 x coffee
1 x tea
1.5 litre water

IMG_20121108_202643.jpg

Last edited:
So I weighed in last night, my second since starting back and I lost.....*2lbs*, was so delighted as I'd prepared myself to maybe have a tiny loss because of my unexpected big loss last week, so so pleased, and I won SOTW :scale:

Only 2 stone to get to target! Finally feel like I can do it this time, my head is in the right place. I hope Christmas doesn't shove me in the wrong direction.

Friday 9th November - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 1 x hifi bar (3), 2 x weetabix (B), milk (A)

Lunch - Baked potato with tuna, sweetcorn, light mayo (4), lettuce, tomatoes, pepper

Just made my lunch, I'll admit that I was a little heavy handed with the tuna, but I eat big portions, I don't see the harm. A lady I work with has just said, gosh so I guess you'll not be having any dinner tonight (not in a rude way, just at the sheer size of my lunch), to which I remarked, I was already planning the feast I'd be having for my tea tonight! I'm on SW, not a diet :rolleyes:

Dinner - So my colleague was right, I was so stuffed from that baked potato that I couldn't eat my fruit in the afternoon and couldn't have stomached anything big for dinner, so to return home to find my family were having baked potatoes for tea, I was not amused, could have cried! So I russled up some low fat noodles (although I know theyre a syn-free food, technically not a 'free food' but it was convenient!), with added chicken, peppers, mushrooms, onion. Followed by a fruit salad of apple, kiwi, strawberries and yoghurt.

Syns: Hifi (3), Mayo (4), Treat size caramel (4), Treat size crunchie (4)
Total: 15 (55 left for week)

IMG_20121109_125445.jpg

Last edited:
Well Done, 2lb off is great :) and SOTW on top :D
Your target is so close now, you will be there in no time!!!

Saturday 10th November - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Again I was at zumba this morning so had 'brunch' when I got back, M&S mini sub roll (3) with bacon, tomato ketchup (1), with a bowl of pineapple and strawberries

Lunch - I had a little bit of pasta bake that my boyfriend had made, my SW ways have rubbed off on him as he made a chicken and pea pasta bake for him and his niece and nephew using light philly instead of a shop bought sauce, so proud! Pasta, Chicken, Peas, Philly light (I'm allowing 2 syns as I only had a tiny amount, and he'd watered the philly down a bit)

Took my boyfriend's niece and nephew to the cinema (such a challenge to be angelic), but I brought my own goodies! So i brought a bag of pom bears and a bag of meanies (9.5 syns), with my 2 hifi rocky roads (B), a treat size crunchie (4) and a fudge (6), all chopped up into bite size pieces to munch on! So a total of 19.5 syns, ok not great but still on plan, and normally I'd go straight for the pick and mix, and have a massive bag of sweets, as well as helping my BF eat his large popcorn! So I felt good :)

Dinner - Sirloin Steak with chunky cajun wedges, lots of salad, fried onions and peppers and peppercorn sauce (Used my HexA and my portion was equal to 2 syns)

Syns: Ketchup (1), Cinema (19.5), Peppercorn sauce (2), Philadelphia (2), mini sub roll (3)
Total: 27.5 (27.5 left for the week)

Sunday 11th November - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x Hifi Bars (B), such a rubbish breakfast I know but we'd run out of milk and as I'd stayed at my Bfs last night, I didn't have much option to have other stuff, they would make a cooked breakfast but it would defs not be SW friendly so I'd rather stay well clear!!

Lunch/Dinner - We went shopping today, so had lunch at around 4pm (so it kind of counted as my dinner too). Had nando's, went for the Butterfly flamegrilled chicken (3.5), with spicy rice (2.5), side salad and grilled halloumi (3). It was delicious! And a lot of food, I always feel somewhat limited when I'm out shopping, I think it's different when I'm going out for dinner and I could have a big proper meal like steak or chicken breast with veg and baby boils etc, but at lunch time I feel like it's a throw up between baked potato and nando's. I thoroughly enjoyed it :D

Used my HeXa on a Cadbury's fudge hot choc (2), with 10g mini marshmallows (1.5).

Syns: Nando's (9), hot choc (2), Marshmallows (1.5)
Total: 12.5 (15 left for the week)

Not a great day with the amount I ate, but I wasn't off track.

Well done on the loss misses, and slimmer of the weeks is great. Those cupcakes look amazing!!! I am going to try that paella this week is looks lush.

Thanks Starburst! Ha those cupcakes are about 50 million syns each, I steer well away apart from a dipped finger here and there :sigh:

Yes defs try the paella, it is def on my menu for next weekend, it was so yummy! I got my paella pan in Argos for 9.99, bargain! Don't think you need it though but I know my frying pan wouldn't have held the amount of rice etc in! xx

Monday 12th November 2012 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge (B) with milk (A) and golden syrup (2)

Snack- Apple

Lunch - Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki Salad from Subway (5), followed by a big bowl of pineapple

Dinner - Went out for dinner tonight, opted for the sticky pork with noodles and greens, definitely got my third superfree in there anyway, syns wise I'm not so sure, it was absolutely delicious, not overly saucy, but I have left myself 35 syns for this night out so I think this more than covers it, the noodles were fine egg noodles, I'm assuming they were dry as opposed to fresh but I'm sure I'm ok with the 35 syns buffer zone anyway! :confused:

Syns: Golden syrup (2), salad (5)
Total: 7 (8 left for the week)

Dinner covered by my remaining 35 syns that I set aside as a *buffer zone* from the 105 weekly total.

Found out today that my graduation falls the same day as my staff do, bummer! On the upside, it means I'm only out for one naughty meal and not 2, it's in the morning anyway so I can still go out in the evening with work, just not for the lunch! My body will thank me I guess :D

So it would seem that I fell off the face of the earth this past week - not the case! Just life got in the way of me keeping my diary. I was completely on plan all last week, weighed on thursday and STS :cry: was very upset as I'd been good and didn't think I deserved it! So i brushed myself off and had an on-plan day on friday, well mostly, I didn't snack or eat bad food, I just didn't eat much in the evening as we were baking cupcakes for a craft fair this weekend so I didn't get round to it. Then saturday came, a craft fair from 10am until 4pm, needless to say I got up in the morning, had a roll as my Hex (B), one laughing cow and used milk as my Hex (A). Then it got to lunch, my sister went out to get a sandwich (I had every intention of making food to bring and just ran out of time), she came back with wholemeal bread with a mountion of tuna mayo with sweetcorn and red onion. Not good! This was followed on saturday evening by small fries from McD's as we went to see the Xmas lights switch on in Belfast and didn't have time for food. On returning home, we ordered an indian as it was too late to cook, though this had been the plan all along and would have been fine had I not pigged out before that! Had Chicken dopiaza and boiled rice with half a peshwari naan :)break_diet:) and 2 poppadoms. Big fat fail. Yesterday, we went to sell the rest of the cupcakes at another craft fair which was close to home, so the first thing I ate was at half 1, had sent my bf home to make bacon rolls for myself and my mum, so the roll was a HeB and the bacon was free, 1 syn for the ketchup. That was all we had till yday evening, when we had a roast dinner, pork with some stuffing, boiled potatos, turnip, sprouts, brocoli and 2 tiny roasties, with some gravy.

SO I had a horrendous weekend on plan, no syns till weigh in on thursday, maybe this will give my body the kick it needs to lose something next week as I was so distraught at having STS on thursday.

Fill you all in later on today's food diary
:busted:

*Sneaks in hoping no-one will notice...* :wave_cry:

So I went MIA for a few weeks, I have a million excuses but none of them are good enough, it was my birthday being one of them, I think from there it snowballed. I haven't been writing on here but I have still been loosely sticking to plan and did go to class, haven't gained, but then again I had a holiday week last week so it could have been a different story had I gone!

Anyway, this is it. Christmas is almost here and as easy as it would be for me to say, awk sure Christmas will put the weight on me like no-ones business so I may as well start now (believe me, I could say that). I'm determined to at least maintain over Christmas, a loss would be hopeful, way too hopeful in fact so I would love to maintain, stay under the 12st bracket and start losing again in Jan!

Tomorrow, I am going to do a full day on plan, I have moved offices with work this week, it has meant switching from a 9-5 to a 7.45-3.45 shift, with an extra 20minutes on my journey each way (if I get lucky with traffic), so I leave home at 6.45 now in the mornings - too early for breakfast! The new office is in a building with a shared kitchen, it was so dirty that I really couldn't stomach bringing any food in to keep in the fridge or use the utensils so I had sandwiches for lunch all last week and today, but the kitchen has been cleaned :eek: so back to SW!

The run up to Christmas will be a busy one - this week I have nothing planned tomorrow, Thursday I will be going to the Christmas market with one of my friends for drinks, I plan to eat something before I go, though I am going to the hairdressers that afternoon to have 8+ inches cut off my hair (yikes, donating it to The little princess trust who make real-hair wigs for children), (ha maybe I will be a lb or 2 lighter as a result?!), so will have to get something quick between there and the market! Friday I don't think there is anything planned, OH MY GOSH just forgot about my graduation, ha! My graduation is on friday, silly silly me! As well as my staff do :sigh: I am looking forward to both, but graduation means a lunch out and I don't want to be strict, I want to enjoy it, and staff do means copious amounts of wine! As for next week, I am going to the market again on wednesday with a friend who is back from uni that week, as well as going out for dinner for my dads 50th on the thursday and then we are into christmas shennanigans and lots of naughty things in the house!!

So my P.O.A? To stay on plan when i can. If I stick to good food and meals around my treats and drinks then maybe (maybe?) I won't be too badly off by the end of it. Here's hoping anyway!

Will update my food diary tomorrow - gosh it feels good to get that all off my chest!

Adios :ashamed0005:

So, I'm back. To be honest, I have never really been away from SW, just haven't been posting on here.

The past few months have been somewhat of a rollercoaster weight wise....after my last post about staying the same over Christmas, I proceeded to not go to class for the whole of December and avoided the scales like the plague. I pretty much ate what I wanted, when I wanted, though I do have to say that I have unintentionally got into the way of automatically making myself SW friendly meals, it is the snacking that I can't curb!! I returned to class on the 2nd week of Jan, with a gain of 4.5lb, I was actually pretty relieved. I could put 4.5lb on a really bad week so to have put that on in 5 weeks over the Christmas period I was so relieved. My first week back on plan I managed to lose the full 4.5lb that I'd put on, and since then I've put on 1 week, lost half the next week etc etc and generally just a*sing around! Getting so annoyed with myself now, it has been a busy few weeks with so many obstacles in my way, days out, weekends away etc etc with alcohol tempting me at every corner and for me, alcohol isn't just alcohol, alcohol also leads to snacking and not healthy snacking!!

SO THIS IS IT.... __________________________________________________________________________________________________________ MY LINE IS DRAWN!!!

Lent started on Wednesday which means so chocolate, no sweets and no biscuits except rich tea (I need sugar at some point!!), am still allowing myself crisps though as I do need something to snack on. I am firmly back on plan, I will be going to weigh in on Thursday hoping for a small loss maybe or a maintain and from then on in that's it!

I have booked a holiday with my bf for the summer,we are going to the USA for 4 weeks, travelling the east coast to the west coast and I am SO excited. Determined NOT to be fat for this holiday because I want to have lots of lovely photos that we will always be able to look back on, not photos I look at and think god I look so fat! NO WAY. So I really really need to keep remembering that. I have 25 weigh-ins until we go away. I am still floating around the 12st mark, I need to just break this stone mark once and for all, it is truly haunting me! And would LOVE to lose 2 stone for my holiday, I know that if I stop messing around and just work hard at it that it is definitely achievable, hence coming back here where I can't kid myself and need to record everything!

Looking forward to getting back into the groove and recording my food diaries again, as well as getting up to date on how everyone else is doing!

I'M BACK!! :rolleyes:
xxxx

Just checking in for today, so today was a good day food wise! Although my tummy is rumbling now, that is just me though, I did have plenty to eat today, it's just thirst I think. I would never get up and eat at this time after I've got into bed though!

B: 35g oats with milk (A + B) with 2 x kiwi fruit
L: Pasta bake made with pasta, asda meat free mince (getting addicted!!), courgette, onion, mushroom, pepper, garlic, tomatoes, stock and spices etc, topped with a HeX B of philly light with garlic, thinned down with a little boiled water to make like a creamy white sauce, topped with my HeX A of cheddar. Delicious!! Followed by a rhubarb Mullerlight and a banana.
D: Bowl of Mushroom soup followed by some peri peri chips with 2 x tbsp light mayo (4 syns)

Drinks: 2x Litres water
2 x cups coffee
1 x cup of tea

I also have to confess that I was baking tonight and had a few spoonfuls of cream cheese frosting (my absolute weakness is carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, but I can eat the frosting solo, believe me!), so I dread to even think how many syns that would be.

I'm so bad when I turn good mid-week because as good as I am I always feel like I need to get weighed in ASAP so I can start to be good from the START of a week, it is this ridiculous thing I have in my head. Because I count my syns weekly and I consumed the majority of mine over the weekend, I now feel like I'm playing catch up so I'm willing it to be weigh in so I have a new total!!

In other news, my mum has her last dose of chemotherapy tomorrow - she was diagnosed with breast cancer in October, it has been very testing getting to this stage, for all the family, but I think we've coped surprisingly well, I just can't wait till it's all over because I know how much it is taking out of her! Though she has had some great news throughout and is responding very well to treatment so we are keeping positive every single day - it is definitely not and hasn't been (so far!) an excuse for me to comfort eat!

Night night all xxx

Gosh, shameful that my last few posts are *IM BACK* and then I disappear again. Slimming world is literally never off my mind, I'm obsessed with it, but sometimes I let myself go off plan, not far off plan, I still eat good meals but I pick and I eat what I want and all the rest.

I missed 2 weigh ins in March, I think 2 weigh ins but I pretty much was off plan for the 3 weeks in between and put on a whopping 6lb. Shameful. But I knew I had to go back and face those scales because I would just let it continue. That brought me back up to 12st 4.5lbs. Then on my first week back I managed to lose 4.5lbs of that, I always think my big losses are just lucky because it's always after I've had a gain. Although once I did lose 5lbs just by having a green week, however, carbs don't appear to be as friendly to my body this time and I don't think I'd get away with that.
My past weigh in (Thursday) I stayed the same, which I was THRILLED about. It had been my boyfriends birthday last weekend, and I had already arranged to meet a uni friend for dinner on friday (went to Nando's for damage limitation, had my usual butterfly chicken with rice, salad and halloumi). All good there. Saturday night I was out with my boyfriends family, I'd eaten fab all day, no syns because I was saving them. I ordered ribs and salad, didn't eat the coleslaw, had no chips etc. I know ribs are fatty but there was literally very few other options, I was pleased with myself and I couldn't finish it. That night I actually kept track of my syns, got up the next morning and had WEETABIX...on a hangover (unheard of for me, I am usually making a beeline for white bread when I've had too many drinks), and filled myself with lovely watermelon and strawberries (again damage limitation for that night!). We went out just the 2 of us that night, to a chinese and for cocktails and I didn't even try to count syns. I had planned for this and I enjoyed every bite.
So then, on the monday, I got straight back on plan (actually I am forgetting the pick and mix I had at the cinema, now that was a slip that I hadn't planned and I was peeved at myself). But my meals, my snacks everything else were back on plan, which is so unheard of for me, a bad few days rolls into a bad week for me, I can't control myself! So I was thrilled and so proud of myself to pull it back and maintain my 4.5lb loss from the week before.
This week I need 3lb to get my Club 10 and I so badly want it. I even, wait for it, threw the battery of my scales out last night. I am a serial weigher - we are talking upwards of 5 times a day, everytime I go to the loo, eat something, etc I weigh myself, so bad and such an unhealthy habit. So I will not be letting the scales rule my life this week, I will wait till Thrusday to find out how I've done!
I will be back here posting as much as I can and sharing my food diaries, possibly not everyday but I won't be going AWOL anymore!

Food diary (Friday 19th April) RED

B: 35g Porridge (HexB) with 190ml milk from (HexA) + 5g dried cranberries (1) Satsuma
Morning snack: 2 x satsuma
L: Sweet Chilli Chicken salad (Lettuce, tomatoes, egg, chicken, spring onion, sweet chilli (2)) + Mullerlight greek yoghurt (0.5)
Snack: Apple
After work: 3 wholemeal crackerbread (1/2 HexB) and 3 laughing cow extra light (1/2 HexA)
Later tea: Scrambled egg with leftover milk from morning HexA, 21g lf cheddar (1/2HexA) and 1 slice nimble (1/2 HexB) with lots of mushrooms
Afters: Snickers Ice Cream Bar (8.5)

Syns: 12
Water: 2.75 litres

Back