Confessions

Well I have had two dd and lost 2.5 lbs since tuesday! I know the proper way is in a week but it's nice to see a change

Biggest 'nice' is feeling like I control my food rather than the other way around :)

Now, time for a fry up !!!

Congrats, that's great!

I weighed in for the first time this morning. I lost 3 lbs this week. I feel like I could have done a bit better, but I'm still pleased. Hoping to lose another 3 lbs next week! Now, off to enjoy my up day (but not too much). :)

Thanks ashna and well done to you! I was only going to do 2 dd a week but think I will do another tomorrow. Be nice to get a good start

Cycled 16 miles today and did loads of gardening. Off for a well deserved bath :)

Another down day today. I didn't have breakfast and ate a ~300 calorie lunch. I woke up with a bad migraine that only got worse as the day went on, so I came straight home from work and went to bed. I was planning to just lie down until my painkiller kicked in, but I ended up falling asleep for 4 hours. It actually worked out good because I slept through supper, so just ate a nectarine when I woke up. I guess if I have to get migraines, it's good to get them on down days... Now I'm just hoping the scale will budge a little! Will weigh in tomorrow and report back. :)

Oh Ashna migraines are not cool, hope you will feel better today. Do you suffer with them regularly?

Another down day today. I didn't have breakfast and ate a ~300 calorie lunch. I woke up with a bad migraine that only got worse as the day went on, so I came straight home from work and went to bed. I was planning to just lie down until my painkiller kicked in, but I ended up falling asleep for 4 hours. It actually worked out good because I slept through supper, so just ate a nectarine when I woke up. I guess if I have to get migraines, it's good to get them on down days... Now I'm just hoping the scale will budge a little! Will weigh in tomorrow and report back. :)

Look forward to hearing about your weigh-in Ashna, and hope you're feeling better today :D

P x

Thanks. I'm feeling much better today - no pain, just exhausted (after sleeping for 12 hours, lol). I get migraines a lot, but yesterday's was an extra bad one.

Weighed in this morning because I'm too impatient to wait an entire week to step on the scale: down another pound. I was hoping for a giant loss in my first few weeks, but I've lost only 4 lbs since the beginning of August. I know why: I've had some pretty out of control up days. But at least I'm still seeing a steady loss and I'm still on track to lose 10 lbs in August like I planned. :)

That's great news Ashna, fab progress, I would love a 1-1.5lbs/week myself so i hope to follow in your steps :)

I had a migraine on a DD too funny you should say... and mine was possibly one of the worst i've had...

According to one of the official migraine websites, not eating enough can be a cause, and it'll give you really violent sickness with it. But I've only had one so far. I find spreading out my cals as evenly as possible and drinking a reasonable amount of water (but not too much) and that seems to keep them at bay.

Thanks for the tip, hannata. Sorry to hear you're a migraine sufferer, too. I woke up with my migraine at the beginning of a DD, so I don't think not eating caused it (although maybe it aggravated it). That said, skipping meals has always been one of the (many) things that can give me headaches and sometimes migraines.

Today was another DD. I almost called it off this evening - stressful day at work, anxiety is through the roof and the weather is cold and overcast which always makes me want to eat. Instead I filled up on mushroom soup (70 calories per serving) and snacked on an orange a bit later. I estimate I came in somewhere around 600 calories today which is what I aim for on DDs - I find that going any lower than that just zaps my energy and ability to concentrate.

Looking forward to weighing in tomorrow and hoping I'll have lost another pound. It would be nice to be halfway to my August goal halfway through the month!

Ashna some days are just pants aren't they? hope today is better for you.xx

I'm still around. Since this thread is called "Confessions" I may as well confess - I took a week off of JUDDD. I didn't intend to, but I was on vacation and it just...happened. I'm getting my act together now, thankfully. Knowing a new month is around the corner seems to give me that extra little push I need.

Yesterday was supposed to be a down day but my willpower failed me by evening. It ended up being a "medium" day. Today was a more-successful-than-usual down day (less than 500 calories...I'd like to say it was intentional but truthfully, I was just so busy it was hard to find time to eat). Tomorrow morning I'll tackle the scale. I know I won't be at my mini-goal of 10 lbs lost by the end of August. I'm just hoping I haven't gained. Will check back in soon. :)

Back